Very busy.
Almost got that last series in.
But with young kids you never know.

Grip was very challenged.

Pain in right wrist.
Lost track of my ace bandage.
Only had it on for the last series.

Looking forward to presses tomorrow.
Days like this make me wanna do triples instead of 5s.

4 Series
Reps per ( L + R ) for each series24kg32kg
Swing 2H / 1H-20/10
Press-5
Snatch105

Light snatches today .

Right wrist pain today .
wearing wrap helps with discomfort .
today, suspicions arise about aggravation based on weather changes.

thinking thoughts about whether I'll be able achieve timeless sinister with right wrist .
will find out in due time.

5 Series
Reps per ( L + R ) for each series24kg32kg
Swing 2H / 1H-20/10
Press-5
Snatch105

24kg
Q&D 044
2 series 10/2

After a month off , experienced a fair amount of soreness from not being used to snatching. Fairly recovered now , about 90%. We'll see how Wednesday goes.

Last edited:
24kg
Q&D 044
2 series 10/2

After a month off , experienced a fair amount of soreness from not being used to snatching. Fairly recovered now , about 90%. We'll see how Wednesday goes.
I was always surprised how much the 044 left me feeling sore the next day. Not terribly or anything, just in a few irregular places, especially my upper pecs.

I was always surprised how much the 044 left me feeling sore the next day. Not terribly or anything, just in a few irregular places, especially my upper pecs.
Interesting.
Grease the groove definitely helps avoid soreness especially compared to S&S .
I'm new to Q&D as a regular practice.
And, my time off probably adds to the soreness I was experiencing when I jump into sets of snatches after 5 weeks of no snatches.
Snatches yesterday, less soreness today.
Maybe 50% recovered.

24kg
Q&D 044
10/2
3 series

<10 minutes
Just in time to pickup the kids.
Blister forming on left hand. Need to wear sock sleeves

Last edited:
24kg
Q&D 044
10/2
2 series

Actually about 5 minutes.
Was out in the yard doing Singleton pull ups while the kids were playing. Had a bigger effect on the snatch than I thought. Was pretty tough going today

Got 3 sessions in this week. I'm hopeful I'll be able to do that regularly. Doubtful.

Soreness seems to be steadily declining in the second week.

Last edited:
Yes, a lot of my training during the work week is short mini-sessions in my office during breaks (thankfully I can wear clothing conducive to KB lifting).

I use a variety of drills, but mainstays are double cleans, double front squats, snatches and MPs. For the ballistics, I am using a lot of Q&D 044. For snatches, usually two series at a time of 044 10/2. For double cleans, one series at a time of 10/2 or two series of 5/2 (not in the book -- the same timing as 10/2, but only 5 reps/set). For double front squats and presses, mostly just sets of 5.

I can often accumulate quite a bit of volume over the course of a day or week without it getting in the way of my work schedule and without ever breaking a sweat.
As I've returned to the office, I'm being observant and looking into whether I can do something like this. There may be an opportunity in the warehouse side...

Q&D 044
2 series, 5/4
24kg

So, my back feels about the same soreness as when I started today.

I will see whether I feel any new soreness tomorrow.

The reps and sets all went up very easily.

The difference in state of mind had to do with feeling rushed between the shorter 30 second intervals.

Breathing behind The shield felt pretty good today, but my bracing at the top definitely could have been sharper.

The 24kg weight is not what it used to be. I have to remind myself to power breathe these days.

Last edited:
Q&D 044
3 series, 5/4
24kg

Soreness is still present - Decreasing overall.
All reps went up as planned. Last set of 5 tough.
a little more gusto needed than the rest.
But still made it with 5 reps in ~ 11 seconds, when I looked down at the timer .

Starting out - 10/2 , 5/4 , big difference.

Looking for soreness before next workout, which may not be till the following Monday, in 5 days depending on the schedule.

Q&D 044
2 series, 5/4
24kg

Soreness is still decreasing. Still some noticeable lingering soreness in the upper back.
Biceps and lower back and legs are returning to near zero soreness.
I think GtG yielded me a V8, but without additional conditioning it was hooked up to a motorcycle fuel tank.

Last edited:
Q&D 044
2 series, 5/4
24kg

Soreness is still decreasing over all.
Approximately 100 percent recovered for today's session.
Reps went up as planned. Felt easy today, but breath was noticably taxed at the end of the second series. Was able to breathe through the nose only.
Since restarting on 5/4, I am rolling dice for deciding volume between 2 or 3 series. Will be following the program as written for now, planning to accept 4 Series, next week.

Q&D 044
3 series, 5/4
24kg

All the reps went up as planned.
I noticed the third series was tougher than the first two.
Still clearing my five snatches and 11 seconds or less at the end.
Soreness I was complaining about is pretty much gone.
The upper back is definitely noticing the work immediately after my sets.
We will see about whether any soreness is avoided tomorrow.
Hopefully another session this weekend, preferably saturday.
And then Monday and Wednesday again next week.

Q&D 044
3 series, 5/4
24kg

All the reps went up as planned.
I noticed the third series was tougher than the first two.
Still clearing my five snatches and 11 seconds or less at the end.
Soreness I was complaining about is pretty much gone.
The upper back is definitely noticing the work immediately after my sets.
We will see about whether any soreness is avoided tomorrow.
Hopefully another session this weekend, preferably saturday.
And then Monday and Wednesday again next week.
Nice work. For whatever reason 5/4 murders me while 2/10 isn't as much of an issue. I enjoy both but 5/4 puts it to me.

Back
Top Bottom