all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed My new books

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
For someone with both Easy Strength and a few of Dan John's books, is it worth getting the Omnibook in your opinion?
It was a good read. I've read about three of Dan's previous books. I love his podcast and writing style.
There are some good clarifications and the Push/Hinge, etc, discussion really got me thinking.
I'm going to buy his new book this weekend.

For someone with both Easy Strength and a few of Dan John's books, is it worth getting the Omnibook in your opinion?
In addition to @Pete L : The Omnibook covers a lot of questions, concerns, tweaks, etc. It is kind of like a longish FAQ. As always, a bit rambling, but with solid info.

That being said, the original Easy Strength has some very clear lists about classic Easy Strength and Even Easier Strength, that I found to be a little more helpful. Still, I haven't regretted buying the Omnibook.

Looking forward to Pavel's version!

Pavel mentioned the book release in January this year. Maybe if they release the book in January 2024, it will be a round number. In addition January is a good month for book release.

Ooh, that's hard to say. Everyone loved it except me. I bought it looking for ways to incorporate sandbag training and calisthenics into Easy Strength and I didn't think it really answered those questions for me.

If you use Easy Strength a great deal of the time and want ways to expand what you can do with it, it's a good buy.

In addition to @Pete L : The Omnibook covers a lot of questions, concerns, tweaks, etc. It is kind of like a longish FAQ. As always, a bit rambling, but with solid info.

That being said, the original Easy Strength has some very clear lists about classic Easy Strength and Even Easier Strength, that I found to be a little more helpful. Still, I haven't regretted buying the Omnibook.

Looking forward to Pavel's version!
Just want to add that it has a lot of stuff you have seen before, but with updated ideas based off of experience. A great read, but you will run into chapters that you have seen before.
Dan writes like a blogger, not a bad thing or unexpected if you have read his previous works.

I was almost certain today (Labor Day) would feature the “big announcement.” Seemed fitting in hindsight, but I guess I was wrong :(

Reactions: 5x5
Yeah honestly I'm becoming more annoyed over it than anticipating it... The fact there is no date out yet, nor available for pre-order is ridiculous... Especially when ppl already got advanced copies

Reactions: 5x5
Yeah honestly I'm becoming more annoyed over it than anticipating it... The fact there is no date out yet, nor available for pre-order is ridiculous... Especially when ppl already got advanced copies
I was almost certain today (Labor Day) would feature the “big announcement.” Seemed fitting in hindsight, but I guess I was wrong :(
I said it once, I’ll say it again….Pavel says: “Shut up, train and repeat until book is out.”

I said it once, I’ll say it again….Pavel says: “Shut up, train and repeat until book is out.”
I've trained and repeated for half my life... That doesn't mean from a business standpoint they can't communicate things to customers, it's like they're trying to keep it a secret

Reactions: AJL
I've trained and repeated for half my life... That doesn't mean from a business standpoint they can't communicate things to customers, it's like they're trying to keep it a secret
Well from a business standpoint you can understand that creating and producing a book at scale can take time and run into issues. Maybe they do want it a secret for marketing reasons as well, idk.I just think it’s rude to bellyache on their forum, do it on reddit.

Well from a business standpoint you can understand that creating and producing a book at scale can take time and run into issues. Maybe they do want it a secret for marketing reasons as well, idk.I just think it’s rude to bellyache on their forum, do it on reddit.
agreed. He was kind enough to let us know that September was the goal release. Last I recall, September is 30 days long.

I think we have no ‚right‘ to demand the book.
Pavel is writing a book. He and the publisher decide when it comes out. Everyone can buy it if he/she wants to.
I am also very excited but I rather get a perfect finished book than anything else.

Back
Top Bottom