all posts post new thread

New to Powerlifting

What I mean is if weightlifter, who needs strong bottom squat position but they can still use higher than parallel squat then it's fine for normal people.
What??? Have you even read the thread? The OP is talking about getting into powerlifting but is clearly quarter squatting at best. I don't think he needs anyone telling him his depth is fine. He'd get DQ'ed in 2 seconds.

What??? Have you even read the thread? The OP is talking about getting into powerlifting but is clearly quarter squatting at best. I don't think he needs anyone telling him his depth is fine. He'd get DQ'ed in 2 seconds.
you can train the main lift and use squat to specific depth as special exercises.

he can improve lots of things, from bar placement to unrack to walk out. I'm not really worried about squat depth at the movement..
So you're not worried that he probably can't even reach depth based on his likely lack of mobility? ROFL Oh well, he says his depth is good at 450 although I don't think there's any video, so whatever. ROFL

So you're not worried that he probably can't even reach depth based on his likely lack of mobility? ROFL Oh well, he says his depth is good at 450 although I don't think there's any video, so whatever. ROFL
first thing first:
- proper rack position
- bracing
- unrack
I don't know, probably after a few months of focusing on the proper tension technique he can actually hit a full depth squat with decent weight.

If you watch his deadlift video he has the mobility to get down there.

Haha I’m still just blown away at how strong @theck4291 is without ever training. It’s like some Norse Fulsterkur just showed up!

yeah he's definitely strong but not ready for a meet yet. Not only squatting. Bench is super hurried and cost him lots of weight.
On the bright sight, imaging what he can do with proper technique.

Honestly, I think Clarence squats that way because he's probably always squatted that way - as deep as humanly possible. When you establish that groove, it's difficult to squat as heavy or heavier in a deep but not bedrock bottom manner. Apparently he has some nagging hip issues now and well, I'm not saying that the way he squats is THE cause, but certainly could be part of it.

I will reply to these in a bit, busy and about to run to the store but going through the comments now. Metaldrummer no offense taken to any of the comments, although at first I did, but I sometimes get in my feels. I appreciate the criticism, and I do have a video of 450 but my daughter filmed and she deleted it off the phone already. I will get a new video of 395(thats the max amount of weight I have available at home right now)

weird, sat back down at my computer after my squat workout and I noticed that the comment never posted, so guess its there now

If you watch his deadlift video he has the mobility to get down there.

Haha I’m still just blown away at how strong @theck4291 is without ever training. It’s like some Norse Fulsterkur just showed up!
Hey @John K thanks for the kind words friend! I just completed my workout, and hit 395 (at I think a perfect depth) let me know on form if you don't mind? May take a bit for the video to actually upload to my FB, just let me know what you think when able

Hey @John K thanks for the kind words friend! I just completed my workout, and hit 395 (at I think a perfect depth) let me know on form if you don't mind? May take a bit for the video to actually upload to my FB, just let me know what you think when able
I think the depth of 395 looks good. Camera angle can make a big difference. The BEST way to make sure you're hitting depth is to be straight on at the side and with the camera at about knee height. Great work dude!!!

I think the depth of 395 looks good. Camera angle can make a big difference. The BEST way to make sure you're hitting depth is to be straight on at the side and with the camera at about knee height. Great work dude!!!
Thanks John! Definitely can feel I have a lot left in me, so I know I can handle more weight. Those first videos I shared of my squat at the gym was my literal first time squatting in 15 years, so I guess I didn't realize I needed to go deeper. I'll have the wife grab one more video real quick from the side, I'll message here again to when it's up to see if its good.

Put up a video at 395(all i currently have at home to squat) will add another video from a better angle

Back
Top Bottom