all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Pavel Asking You for Article Ideas

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Deep dive into A+A principles and science, plus sample programs would get my vote.

What’s most important to understand is that the principles have remained unchanged. The methods have improved.

Strength as the foundational physical attribute. Sharp mental focus while training. More rest than you think you need. Minimalism when life demands more than just training. Be as strong as you look. Strength has a higher purpose.

Those things haven’t changed.

-S-
Piggybacking off of this, I would really love a series of articles (or, ideally, a book) which contain a deep dive into the foundational strongfirst principles.

I'd really like this for my own edification, but also as a kind of 'checklist' I could run when programming / training.

ROP was the most productive program I have ever followed in my entire life, no comparison. I wish Pavel would convert it to a full-body template that we could adapt to calisthenics or barbells by swapping in any 5RM push/pull/legs exercises we wanted. I've done it on my own and am pleased with the results, but I'm no Pavel.

Since I wrote this post (and am still getting likes for it) I have purchased the the Builtstrong Minimalist program and have realized they've already done this. And Fabio's Simple Strength for Difficult Times was the precursor.

I just didn't realize they're all using the exact same principles because when I've adapted ROP, I stick much more closely to the original execution of ROP.

ACFT Deadlift. I remember a newsletter on it, but I didn't record it before it was retracted.

I am am doing S&S with the bulldog at the moment. I feel I'm getting less weak, but I still have lots of room for improvement when it comes to more standard lifts. I feel like I'd benefit in general athleticism from TBDL improvement.

I'd like to know how to integrate it with S&S. Would I have to cut back on swings to make room for deadlift recovery? Would I wave or step the load on the TBDL? What's my weekly volume.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for the products. S&S has kept my athletic floor above the flood tides of Army and daily life. Regards.

Back
Top Bottom