all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Pavel Asking You for Article Ideas

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I always enjoy articles on the 'What The Heck' effect.
  • One article on Strongfirst wrote about how the Push-Press was used to improve a female Soccer team's Vertical Jump,
  • This article mentions how after doing nothing but TGUs he was able to flip a tyre that he could barely move 3 months prior. Get Up - Get Strong – Coaching Shore
Id love to read more articles about people using/utilising the strength they've cultivated in real-life scenarios.
  • An article on here had a soldier mention how kettlebell work made his long treks with his heavy equipment a breeze.
If you wanted to get 10s of MILLIONS of views, you could do an article on 'How Batman (or Captain America or whoever) Would Train'. Every time 'The Bioneer' uploads a video on 'how batman would train', he gets millions of views.

• Workouts that have a high transfer of skill to; chasing down bad guys, wrestling power/striking power, carrying someone to safety, flipping a car, etc...

An Article on utilising Isometrics would be FANTASTIC

5. An article on Strongman training without Strongman gym equipment;

• e.g. instead of Atlas Stones; try a tyre with a lot of weight in it or something

. An article on Strongman training without Strongman gym equipment;
  • e.g. instead of Atlas Stones; try a tyre with a lot of weight in it or something
Great suggestions!

FIY: There is a course by highland game record holder and StrongFirst Elite John Odden

He might have some articles on other site (e.g. Original Strength)

I always enjoy articles on the 'What The Heck' effect.
  • One article on Strongfirst wrote about how the Push-Press was used to improve a female Soccer team's Vertical Jump,
  • This article mentions how after doing nothing but TGUs he was able to flip a tyre that he could barely move 3 months prior. Get Up - Get Strong – Coaching Shore
Id love to read more articles about people using/utilising the strength they've cultivated in real-life scenarios.
  • An article on here had a soldier mention how kettlebell work made his long treks with his heavy equipment a breeze.
If you wanted to get 10s of MILLIONS of views, you could do an article on 'How Batman (or Captain America or whoever) Would Train'. Every time 'The Bioneer' uploads a video on 'how batman would train', he gets millions of views.

• Workouts that have a high transfer of skill to; chasing down bad guys, wrestling power/striking power, carrying someone to safety, flipping a car, etc...

An Article on utilising Isometrics would be FANTASTIC

5. An article on Strongman training without Strongman gym equipment;

Great suggestions!

FIY: There is a course by highland game record holder and StrongFirst Elite John Odden

He might have some articles on other site (e.g. Original Strength)
thanks ill check it out mate

today I was thinking:
Program minimum agility training.
There's a plethora of agility exercises one can do. It would be interesting to here from Pavel which drills he would find the most beneficial, so you can construct a 30-40 min training session for your off days. Non-gimmicky, pardon my French, functional training.
By agility training I mean: agility ladder drills, various tennis ball drills, box jumps, etc.

today I was thinking:
Program minimum agility training.
There's a plethora of agility exercises one can do. It would be interesting to here from Pavel which drills he would find the most beneficial, so you can construct a 30-40 min training session for your off days. Non-gimmicky, pardon my French, functional training.
By agility training I mean: agility ladder drills, various tennis ball drills, box jumps, etc.
I do reckon this could be some subject matter that relates back to flexible steel as well. a lot of sporting actions seem to exhibit a great deal of exertion at awkward and extended positions.

It would be wonderful to give a retrospective: an overview of Pavel's material: from the RKC book, to the modern SFG standards. Write a couple of words: what are the roots of the kettlebell lifts and how did the SFG standard develop.
It is visible how recommendations change from book to book - it would be cool to acknowledge that and to comment on that.

It would be wonderful to give a retrospective: an overview of Pavel's material: from the RKC book, to the modern SFG standards. Write a couple of words: what are the roots of the kettlebell lifts and how did the SFG standard develop.
It is visible how recommendations change from book to book - it would be cool to acknowledge that and to comment on that.
I agree and I find that fascinating myself, but I also see how elusive it is to capture and declare how changes came about when it is such an organic process.

One thing Pavel is amazing at is capturing a moment of influence and immortalizing it. Look how many credits and quotes there are in the S&S books, both the original and the revised & updated, as well as his other books. Watch the newsletters and articles. StrongFirst is a fertile, well tended garden. Will something new be produced? Will the existing growth be further cultivated? We can only be sure that both will occur, but we cannot know what form either will take until we arrive.

These moments of influence that arise from within the community of amazing instructors take root if they have merit. This only happens within a community that acknowledges, shares, and re-teaches good ideas. It also only happens if the culture allows change. I have seen other cultures in this industry that resist change and become stagnant, and StrongFirst is not one of them.

What defines good character... In my mind, it's a belief in oneself and staying the course, while at the same time being willing to see where change is needed and courageously making those changes if they are warranted. I think this organization has that good character, which is one of the many reasons why I spend my time and energy here.

What’s most important to understand is that the principles have remained unchanged. The methods have improved.

Strength as the foundational physical attribute. Sharp mental focus while training. More rest than you think you need. Minimalism when life demands more than just training. Be as strong as you look. Strength has a higher purpose.

Those things haven’t changed.

-S-

I would love to read an article from Pavel on block training for general population-if block training makes sense for not advanced athletes ofcourse. (I have read some of his recommendations here and there but I don’t know an article about this subject from him, if he has, I would appreciate if some one could point me)

Back
Top Bottom