all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Protein rage :p

Also, when you get down to it protein powder probably is bad for you. Ultra processed, sugar and full of things you can’t pronounce. Not that it would cause this incident. @North Coast Miller prolly has the best comment. This likely stems from a lawyers argument.

Also, when you get down to it protein powder probably is bad for you. Ultra processed, sugar and full of things you can’t pronounce. Not that it would cause this incident. @North Coast Miller prolly has the best comment. This likely stems from a lawyers argument.

These days I only buy unflavored, isolated whey. It has some sunflower lecithin as an anti caking agent.

The flavored stuff doesn't taste so good when I add it to my super premium homemade ice cream...

Shh don't think too hard.

The generation that grew up during the largest economic expansion in history and also the most (relatively) peaceful period in modern history is the last "hard" generation.
Sounds like old man

Has any civilization ever NOT been built on violence? When Romans couldn't keep the violence level up (or in some cases did not CARE to keep it up) more successfully violent people took their territory.
Yeah I agree. Even in a modern society. A part of our anthem lyric is " path to glory is built by the bodies of our foes"

Big boss Biden said "anyone who can dig for coal can learn to write computer code" or something like that.
I want to go the other direction. Lets take everyone who writes code and teach them to dig for coal.
I bet if we did that we would need less psychologists.

a culture that ignores philosophies that held civilizations together for centuries and replaces them with all manner of unhealthy thoughts

Socrates was put to death because he was doing this. All corrupting the youth and downplaying the role of gods.
I'm not saying every new idea is bad, but when that was a reaction to "why do people just decide to kill others?" I'd say we have a lot of traditions to say "maybe killing the people around you is a bad idea" that are opposed by the freedom to say "you and only you decide what you want to do, and that means you SHOULD do it."

Who says Socrates had an unhealthy thought thought? Perhaps ambitious Greeks who look at the size and power of the Greek Empire with its restrictions vs modern Greece and its relative freedom to jettison any tradition. They might call it unhealthy to social power and cohesion.

I think people need to work less time. Plenty of people work 60-80 hours sitting at a desk.
When advancement in robotics are combined with advancement in AI I have a feeling there will be a lot less time spent at work.

A lot less. No need for humans! Only the people who control the robot labor and AI will like the outcome. Protein rage will sound like paradise compared to what I believe is coming.

When advancement in robotics are combined with advancement in AI I have a feeling there will be a lot less time spent at work.

A lot less. No need for humans! Only the people who control the robot labor and AI will like the outcome. Protein rage will sound like paradise compared to what I believe is coming.
I for one welcome our AI overlords. They cannot possibly be bigger screwups than our current leaders and would-be leaders. And some people will be needed for unforseen repair work.

The alternative (and by no means an impossibility!) will be a Butlerian Jihad of sorts.

I look forward to merging my DNA with our new Nephilim rulers and taking the mark of the beast so I can continue purchasing inexpensive spatulas made in China from Amazon.

I can easily foresee that. The Luddites' complaints will make them look like pampered poodles in comparison to what people will feel when it's just cheaper for robots to handle most manual labor, deliveries, creative and customer service jobs.
We're gonna get a trial run as self driving cars eliminate 10s of millions of jobs in the near future.

I forsee property damage and messy legal questions re the admissibility of property to injure or kill humans while defending itself from harm.

Never happen because then what are all those middle and upper management and HR people going to do? No meetings to go to and throw around buzz words etc haha

I can easily foresee that. The Luddites' complaints will make them look like pampered poodles in comparison to what people will feel when it's just cheaper for robots to handle most manual labor, deliveries, creative and customer service jobs.
I work in manufacturing. There are some great robotics around, however you still need people to fix them, and manually intervene when the slightest parameter isn’t met. Like cars, the more high tech you go, the more things to go wrong. And when they don’t work, a person has to take over while technicians are fixing the thing.

We're gonna get a trial run as self driving cars eliminate 10s of millions of jobs in the near future.

I forsee property damage and messy legal questions re the admissibility of property to injure or kill humans while defending itself from harm.
They had a fleet of self driving taxi’s when i visited Scottsdale.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom