all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Protein rage :p

I for one welcome our AI overlords. They cannot possibly be bigger screwups than our current leaders and would-be leleaderss.
I've always been intrigued by the idea there are these evil genius foreign leaders with the ability to manipulate people and control events whereas the leaders in my country can't find their butt using both hands and invariably stuff up everything they touch

I've always been intrigued by the idea there are these evil genius foreign leaders with the ability to manipulate people and control events whereas the leaders in my country can't find their butt using both hands and invariably stuff up everything they touch

And its the same story for the citizens in those other countries! The conclusion being they either are screwing up domestically on purpose, or they're only good a screwing stuff up so they take it to their geo-political rivals.

As least if AI politicians screw up there's a possibility of changing their programming. "You can't fix stupid".

ohhh boy...

This always reads to me as "this is why we need hard times." I don't think whoever wrote this really thought about its implications. This also sets up a dichotomy between "hard" people and "weak" people, as if those things make the measure of a person's worth as a human being.

Sorry not sorry, but this quote always reads like an excuse/apology for dumping on people who were fortunate enough to not have to live in hard times. Being capable is good. We should reward capability and also make an enviroment that fosters it. We should all hope and work for a world where the average person doesn't have to live like a "warrior" or whatever.

The Roman empire was built on violence. Their foundational myth includes rape. People need to read actual history more.

there's also not enough being done to prevent the circumstances that lead people to a state of mind where they will murder someone. Tell someone who grew up poor in an environment where everyone around them grew up with trauma and abuse, passing those things along to their progeny, to "take more personal responsibility." When our emotions get high, our prefrontal cortex becomes inhibited. Imagine a life of trauma. Imagine only knowing poverty and abuse because everyone around you is always in survival mode. We need to keep people safe, and we also need to work towards a world where people don't grow up like that.

When it comes to thsese topics, I feel like hardly anyone asks, "why are these people acting like this?"

Like, do you actually think someone wakes up and goes, "I think murder is a cool thing to do today?" How is it not obvious someone is not in their right mind when they do something like that? This doesn't mean they get a free pass. They need to be restrained, rehabilitated, whatever. It means something led to that level of mental illness. It would be nice to see more people focusing on fixing the causes instead of the symptoms.
I found it revelatory to learn that "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" was used sardonically against poor people, which were probably/thought to be too stupid to realize that you cannot.

I find the longer I've been here, the complete and utter nonseriousness Slavoj illustrates in the above video is able to be extrapolated out in to all aspects of the financialization of suffering,

Back
Top Bottom