all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Q&D How often? (3x vs. everyday)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Sounds like you need to slow down and work on your skills and techniques across the main lifts.

Few observations:

26kg won’t make you a “muscle junkie” any more than (less than) being a skilled bodyweight practitioner. Your reluctance to train until you feel strong (it feels light) is a bit odd, you’ll find this counter productive.

You will benefit from continuing S&S and working on snatches in a “grease the groove” fashion to learn it and gain confidence.

I also recommend practicing clean and press, KB row and goblet squat.

If I were looking to follow Q&D, with your described situation, I would CONSIDER:

S&S plus practice the movements for up to 12 weeks.

ROP with a 20 or 24kg KB. This will employ those practices skills. Here you might choose to warm up with bodyweight drills or use them in “variety days”.

Q&D to apply the strength potential gained in ROP.

In short, you have to build the engine before you can apply the power - no 1 litre car will win a Grand Prix, you need a bigger engine for that.

Thank you all for caring.
My question was already answered. (3 x a week)
I know it seems like another idiot is going to fail. But it's not the case.
As I said, I did S&S for two years straight. I have the base for further progression. A strong midsection and a powerful snap.
I practice full body tension/power with a gripper and I don't overestimate my abilities.
I keep the recommendation of the book in mind:
"Early on, swing or snatch with free fall. Once you can comfortably do your 100 total reps with power, ease into overspeed eccentrics."
I'll be back in a couple of month with a report.
"Each chooses for himself
I choose the best I can"

Keep in mind there is the elite and there is the average man. I'm just the average joe with good intentions.
Power to you

One thing I was doing recently was to alternate between snatching and swing days. Nothing except Q&D training.
Mon Wed, Fri snatch 3-4 rounds of 2/10 @24.
Tues, Thur, Sat swings 3-4 rounds of either 2/10 @32 or 4/5 @36.
Since I was snatching three days a week I usually skipped push ups on the swing days. Never had any issues as long as I kept up with hand care.

Just for the record:
After reading "The Quick and the Dead" again (I read it once back than and only went through the pages later on) it clearly states that 2-3 x weekly is the protocol and to train everyday is for practitioners who followed the protocol for 12 weeks or longer.
So my bad in the first place to bother the community with beginner questions. :rolleyes:
RTFM!
It already feels strange, not to train everyday. I feel light and easy. It's a good feeling though...

jump.jpgpush.JPG

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom