all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Red Zone and S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Bottom-up getups regular or reverse sounds a little bit to much for me. Im just trying to imagine how it would end if that bell would flip inwards when I would be lying on the ground.. but continous reverse getups was a real challenge.

It was more of a muse regarding bottoms up 24KG TGU's. I tested doing bottoms up with my 16KG some weeks back. They are definitely a whole new level for grip strength for sure. And the weight is higher, so strong stabilizer muscles become even more critical.

So, I am nowhere close to having BU TGU's down, even with the 16KG...I guess my point is that weight progression is not the be all, end all.

What do you mean by this please @Huyovas ?
instead of doing regular getups, I did reverse getups with c&p
Clean, press, then get down?
Did you try putting C&P in the middle to split the TGU in two?
e.g. Get up, rack bell, clean, press up, get down?

This then leads back to beastly get-ups, if one maintains the ability to do all the parts of the get-up with a decent weight. (If one stops doing get-ups altogether and gets much stronger in other movements, they might not be able to go back and do beastly get-ups due to a few weak links. That describes me, currently. I need more get-ups back in my program!)

I "skipped levels" a lot in TGUs when I would stop doing TGUs, do some other strength work, and then come back to TGUs.

One time I went up 8 kg without doing any TGUs at all for 12 weeks.

(To clarify: I didn't jump to a 8 kg higher weight on first attempt back at TGUs. But I worked my way up from prior weight to 8 kg more in about 4 or 5 sessions.)

What do you mean by this please @Huyovas ?

Clean, press, then get down?
Did you try putting C&P in the middle to split the TGU in two?
e.g. Get up, rack bell, clean, press up, get down?
Yes, that is what I meant - clean press and getdown, apologies if I wasnt clear enough.
I remember when I was reaching simple, the getups was the easy part for me, so I could easily do 5/5 otm getups with 32 kg long before I could swing it comfortably with one arm.. so I added all sort of things to getups, like doing a regural getup to standing phase, walking with the kettlebell overhead to the other side of the gym, and only than getting down, or doing reverse getups as mentioned earlier. I also tried to add a c&p in the middle, but after racking and presing the kettlebell I was getting shaky and losing tension to safelly get down, so I skipped those.

It was more of a muse regarding bottoms up 24KG TGU's. I tested doing bottoms up with my 16KG some weeks back. They are definitely a whole new level for grip strength for sure. And the weight is higher, so strong stabilizer muscles become even more critical.

So, I am nowhere close to having BU TGU's down, even with the 16KG...I guess my point is that weight progression is not the be all, end all.
I wouldnt even try those. Safety first

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom