all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

@andrewswanson Thank you Andrew. Not easy - but not hard. The key is the consistency - I am practicing S&S 6th month.

Yesterday: Rest

Today's practice:

- prying goblet squats 3x5 with 24 kg
- 10x10 swings with 44
- 5x1 get-ups with 36, 40, 36, 36, 36

Yesterday:

- 10x10 two hand swings with 32 kg
- get-ups - 5x1 with 24

Today: Rest. If recovered tomorrow, I will test my DL.

Today's video: Something else today. Short clip of self-offense application drills from our Practical Hung Kyun beginner's set called "Cross Pattern Plum Flower Set".

Today's fun: StrongFirst SFG/SFL/SFB Husband & Wife Challenge

My wife @Justyna Mackova is practicing PTTP!: Deadlift and benchpress, 7th month.
I am practicing S&S: Swing and get-up, 7th month.

Out of curiosity we have tested other StrongFirst strength skills - SFG kettlebell press, SFL barbell deadlift, SFB one-arm (one leg) pushup.

People say: If you practice only such minimalistic programs, you have to get significantly weaker in other lifts that you don’t practice at all, right?
Right?
Or not.

Today's practice:

- 10x10 swings with 44
- 5x1 get-ups with 36

@taedoju I might try Percher squat - but probably not, see above. One last thing on the list - snatch test.

Today's practice:

- 10x10 swings with 44, 48, 44, 44, 44
- 5x1 get-ups with 36, 40, 40, 36, 36

Cool videos of the beast swing and also of you and your wife, very impressive! Do you ever notice a relationship between your overhead pressing strength and your one arm push up strength? Or are they fairly independent of each other?

Yesterday:

- get-ups - 5x1 with 24

Do you ever notice a relationship between your overhead pressing strength and your one arm push up strength? Or are they fairly independent of each other?

To be honest, I don't know - I am quite good at both, even if I don't practice them at all. I suck at bench press - that will be something I am going to work on later.

Today's practice:

- 10x10 swings with 44, 44, 44, 44, 44

Today's note: The grip in the get-up is crucial. If you find out in the roll to press phase that it feels weird, re-adjust or abort and start all over. I didn't, and I had a hard time the whole get-up - I didn't loose the bell, but it wasn't comfortable.

Today's good news: We have already 12 candidates for November's 2016 SFL Barbell Cert in Prague. The early bird price ends in 4 days, so if you want to learn barbell skills form Chief SFL Doc Hartle in the "Heart of Europe", a beautiful city of Prague, don't hesitate.

Oh, and did I mention the best beer in the world?

Today's practice:

- 10x10 swings with 44, 44, 44, 44, 44

Today's photo: For all SFB fans. And we are all SFB fans, right?

ss.jpg
From A to Z of Balancing with Dynamic Strength by W.J. Hunt.

Today's practice:

- get-ups - 5x1 with 24

Today's practice: Tired, so...

- get-ups - 5x1 with 32

Yesterday's practice:

- 10x10 swings with 44
- 5x1 get-ups with 36

Today: Rest

I taught 5 hour seminar dedicated to deadlift and benchpress for the SFL Prague November 2016 candidates.

Todays's practice:

- 10x10 swings with 44
- 5x1 get-ups with 36

Todays's practice:

- 10x10 swings with 44
- 5x1 get-ups with 36

Todays's tip:

I already wrote about it before, but I have anther cue which helps me quite a lot roll to elbow phase. We all know that you have to point the bent knee slightly in and drive hard through the heel of the bent leg. With a relatively heavy bell, I point the arm with the bell in the same direction, of course not too much otherwise I could loose the bell - and voila, smooth transition without the common leg lift. Again, think of the center of gravity of a heavier bell.

Today's photo:

Louis Uni, aka Apollon the Mighty and his human bent press.

bp.jpg

Last edited:
Pavel! great tips on the roll to elbow. I started doing both intuitively but always thought both to be technical flaws. With lighter bells (24 for me) I can point the knee straight up or slightly to the outside. But as I am starting on the 32, I could not bring any force trough the heel that way. So I went back to turning the bent leg slightly in - it works. The same to "leading with the arm". I should book some time with an SFG... - Hallo Harald!

Back
Top Bottom