all posts post new thread

Repeat Until Strong.

You're the man Pavel. Keeping it simple and kicking a#@. Keep up the great work and keeping us all motivated

Thank you sir. If my practice and my log inspire at least one person, mission accomplished.

So inspirational!

Still keto?

Not 100% strict, but most of the time - intermittent fasting, low carb/medium protein/high fat. Main reasons: It suits my lifestyle, and it keeps my brain sharp.

Just out of curiosity, what is your I.f. fasting/feasting period? I've read, discussed, and get the whole motor thing about getting some protein at four to six hour intervals, but omad seems to be working right now for me. I'm feeling a little beat up (from work. Cutting, carrying, and bending rebar all day), but I'm starting to look a little fuller.

Just out of curiosity, what is your I.f. fasting/feasting period? I've read, discussed, and get the whole motor thing about getting some protein at four to six hour intervals, but omad seems to be working right now for me. I'm feeling a little beat up (from work. Cutting, carrying, and bending rebar all day), but I'm starting to look a little fuller.

Most of the time around 16/8 - but one of the reasons I really like IF is that it is flexible. If I am REALLY hungry in the morning, I simply have breakfast.

I recommend Jason Fung's book The Complete Guide to Fasting - good info.

If you feel tired, I also recommend to check out your sleep. Most of the time, I go sleep very early, and rise early, and sleep usually 8+ hours/day.

Today's practice: From Solid to Sinister - Tactical Periodization
  • goblet squats - 5x44kg, 5x56 kg, 5x56 kg
  • 2-3 (medium-high) one-arm swings - 10x56 kg, 10x44, 10x56 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x56 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 2-2 (medium-medium) get-ups - 1x44 kg, 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, always left+ right, rest; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right).
"Spice"
  • Front Lever - GTG, 6 secs holds of advanced tuck front lever
  • SLDL - few sets of 5
  • Stretching - I feel tight, hence a longer session than usually.
Today's song

Yesterday: Rest

• goblet squats - 5x36kg, 5x44 kg, 5x44 kg
  • 1-1 (light-light) one-arm swings - 10x36 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x44 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 1-3 (light-high) get-ups - 1x40 kg, 1x48 kg, 1x48 kg, 1x48 kg, always left+ right, rest; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Thanks for sharing that quote, it really is profound and a highlights a shift in a person's mentality from relying on an external force for motivation (a role model), to becoming the motivator for yourself

Today's video

What I truly like about Dr Jordan B. Peterson is that "it is not naive optimism".
Life is suffering (Buddhism's 1st Noble Truth).
Deal with it.
You're way stronger then you think.

• goblet squats - 5x40kg, 5x48 kg, 5x48 kg
  • 2-2 (medium-medium) one-arm swings - 10x48 kg, 10x40, 10x48 kg, 10x40 kg, 10x48 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 2-2 (medium-medium) get-ups - 1x44 kg, 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, always left+ right, rest; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right).
"Spice"

Today's guideline

I am reading Jordan Peterson (again), and I have looked up his original post of "the most valuable things everyone should know". Too good not to be shared!

- Tell the truth
- Do not do things that you hate.
- Act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.
- Pursue what is meaningful, not what is expedient.
- If you have to choose, be the one who does things, instead of the one who is seen to do things.
- Pay attention.
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you need to know. Listen to them hard enough so that they will share it with you.
- Plan and work diligently to maintain the romance in your relationships.
- Be careful who you share good news with.
- Be careful who you share bad news with.
- Make at least one thing better every single place you go.
- Imagine who you could be, and then aim single-mindedly at that.
- Do not allow yourself to become arrogant or resentful.
- Try to make one room in your house as beautiful as possible.
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today.
- Work as hard as you possibly can on at least one thing and see what happens.
- If old memories still make you cry, write them down carefully and completely.
- Maintain your connections with people.
- Do not carelessly denigrate social institutions or artistic achievement
- Treat yourself as if you were someone that you are responsible for helping.
- Ask someone to do you a small favour, so that he or she can ask you to do one in the future.
- Make friends with people who want the best for you.
- Do not try to rescue someone who does not want to be rescued, and be very careful about rescuing someone who does.
- Nothing well done is insignificant.
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world.
- Dress like the person you want to be.
- Be precise in your speech.
- Stand up straight with your shoulders back.
- Don’t avoid something frightening if it stands in your way — and don’t do unnecessarily dangerous things.
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them.
- Do not transform your wife into a maid.
- Do not hide unwanted things in the fog.
- Notice that opportunity lurks where responsibility has been abdicated.
- Read something written by someone great.
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street.
- Do not bother children when they are skateboarding.
- Don’t let bullies get away with it.
- Write a letter to the government if you see something that needs fixing — and propose a solution.
- Remember that what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know.
- Be grateful in spite of your suffering.

Weekend: StrongFirst Update & Pure Power Fest, Italy

I met many long time friends, learned a lot (excellent presentation by Alberto Gallazzi, Fabio Zonin, Massimo Bonora, and other top experts), had a chance to present a sneak preview of the Hardstyle dumbbell lifting system I am developing, and enjoyed a great Pure Power Band heavy metal concert.

• goblet squats - 5x44kg, 5x44 kg, 5x44 kg
  • 1-1 (light-light) one-arm swings - 10x44 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x44 kg, 10x44 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 1-1 (light-light) get-ups - 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, 1x40 kg, always left+ right, rest; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

I also finished a new article + video for StrongFirst blog - I hope you will like it.

• goblet squats - 5x48kg, 5x48 kg, 5x48 kg
  • 2-2 (medium-medium) one-arm swings - 10x48 kg, 10x40, 10x48 kg, 10x48 kg, 10x48 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 2-2 (medium-medium) get-ups - 1x44 kg, 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x44 kg, always left+ right, rest; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right).
"Spice"

Today's quote

“The basic difference between an ordinary man and a warrior is that a warrior takes everything as a challenge while an ordinary man takes everything as a blessing or a curse.” ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣“Only as a warrior can one withstand the path of knowledge. A warrior cannot complain or regret anything. His life is an endless challenge, and challenges cannot possibly be good or bad. Challenges are simply challenges.” ⁣
⁣⁣
⁣― Carlos Castaneda⁣⁣

• goblet squats - 5x56kg, 5x56 kg, 5x56 kg
  • 1-3 (low-high) one-arm swings - 10x56 kg, 10x56 kg, 10x56 kg, 10x56 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 80 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 1-3 (low-light) get-ups - 1x48 kg, 1x48 kg, 1x48 kg, 1x48 kg, always left+ right, rest; 8 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Today's photo

matysek-swing.jpg

“…if there was just one exercise which could be performed with a dumbbell, and it were the one hand swing in its various forms, that single dumbbell training should be made a part of the training of any man who is ambitious physically.”⁣

⁣- Cletus Snelbaker, “The Dumbbell Swing”, Strength & Health, 1943.⁣
⁣⁣
⁣Download the FREE dumbbell swing tutorial and program at http://bit.ly/dumbbellswing
⁣⁣⁣
⁣Photo: Anthony Matysek⁣

• goblet squats - 5x48kg, 5x48 kg, 5x48 kg
  • 2-2 (medium-medium) one-arm swings - 10x48 kg, 10x40, 10x48 kg, 10x48 kg, 10x48 kg, OTM, always left, rest; right, rest; 100 swings total (sum of left and right).
  • 2-2 (medium-medium) get-ups - 1x44 kg, 1x36 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x44 kg, 1x44 kg, always left+ right, rest; 10 get-ups total (sum of left and right).

Back
Top Bottom