all posts post new thread

Kettlebell RoP- Anyone divided it into grind and ballistic blocks?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Do the ROP as written. If you're having issues recovering, rest on your variety days. In regard to the swings piece, you can do two things. Lower the weight or lower the reps with less rest. Do 5-10 great reps, shake it out, do it again. DO 2 HAND SWINGS. I find too many one hand swings starts bugging the sacrum in my back. As Pavel says, just drive hard. Record your number. Next time you roll the same number try to get a higher number.

I took a week off of lifting. Decided to try the 20 kg. I exploded with it. I could have snatched it if that was my aim. Maybe I just needed a break.

So .. would one still make any improvements on such a template ? Or would the variety days be like " maintenance" on your current level?

S&S is ment to be done 7 days a week. Its in the book plus mentioned in another one of pavels articles.. and variety days should not impede any progress of the ROP goals..

just curious :)

Sure, you will be making progress!

On your C&P days you follow exactly the instructions from the book:
Working up to 5x1-2-3-4-5 (alternated with pullups if desired). Once you hit that start over with a heavier bell. Repeat until 1/2 bw press.
You do c&p (alternated with pullups) 3x/week, WITHOUT the swings.
Instead, you do S&S 2x/week: 100 1H swings with a given weight. Over time try to get in the 100reps in a shorter timeframe. Be progressive but not agressive. Once you can do 100 reps with a given weight strongly, move on to a heavier bell.
Same thing for GU: 10 reps (5/side) with a given weight. Work on to doing these in 10 mins. Once you really own them, increase bell size.

Sure, you will be making progress!

On your C&P days you follow exactly the instructions from the book:
Working up to 5x1-2-3-4-5 (alternated with pullups if desired). Once you hit that start over with a heavier bell. Repeat until 1/2 bw press.
You do c&p (alternated with pullups) 3x/week, WITHOUT the swings.
Instead, you do S&S 2x/week: 100 1H swings with a given weight. Over time try to get in the 100reps in a shorter timeframe. Be progressive but not agressive. Once you can do 100 reps with a given weight strongly, move on to a heavier bell.
Same thing for GU: 10 reps (5/side) with a given weight. Work on to doing these in 10 mins. Once you really own them, increase bell size.
I will be using Pavel's advice from RotK, when the clock refuses to move (in other words you can't recover any faster), time to move up. I also think it has been said that you own a bell, when you can swing it 100 times with the effort it takes to walk up the stairs.

Sounds good!
Indeed, sometimes you just need a break. A few days, or a week.
I read in Beyond Bodybuilding the other day that the best in the iron game need to take a month off here and there through out the year (or something to that effect). I know I'm not one of the best, and I don't put up their volume almost daily. Therefore I should not feel guilty taking time off.

I have noticed my son feels lighter. I'm sleeping better. My abs actually have tension in them again. I think I was over trained.

Last edited by a moderator:
So .. would one still make any improvements on such a template ? Or would the variety days be like " maintenance" on your current level?

S&S is ment to be done 7 days a week. Its in the book plus mentioned in another one of pavels articles.. and variety days should not impede any progress of the ROP goals..

just curious :)

If you are on another program (ROP in this case) the S and S recommended dose is twice a week..

You can always just train in a punch the clock manner..

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom