all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Shoulder health: TGU vs Clean & Press.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I'm very wary of pull up bars, to be honest. I got one at the beginning of the year. Used it for a couple of weeks with no problem at all. Then one night, without warning, it came away from the wall and I landed with my ankles trapped under me. On concrete. Ended up with a fractured ankle that took a couple of months to heal. ☹️

That sucks. Hope you're fully healed now.

The ones that wedge across the door like closet hang bars are accidents waiting to happen. It is much safer to use something like that:

Amazon product ASIN B002YQUP7Q
This is the exact model I used for years before getting my power cage.

If one wants to get slightly fancy with it as a beginner, the Rogue War Bar is a plastic tube of barbell length and diameter with fake knurl marks on it so you can assess your grip width consistently. It's not at all necessary, but they're only $13.

I keep one in my home office so I can do snatch balances during the work day.

Nice and inexpensive option. However, I'm a mountain man and I have plenty of multipurpose implements on my property. You just reminded me of the San Angelo digging bar in the garage. If it's 16lb weight is too much for now, I can revert to my extendable hiking pole.

I'm very wary of pull up bars, to be honest. I got one at the beginning of the year. Used it for a couple of weeks with no problem at all. Then one night, without warning, it came away from the wall
Safety first - I'd want to know what kind of pullup bar and how it was mounted and all that. Our main pullup bar here - we're up to 4 bars and 2 sets of rings now on which one can do pullups in our not-so-little home gym - is bolted through 2" x 12" rafters, and I'm sure we'd feel it get loose before it would be even close to coming down.

I keep one in my home office so I can do snatch balances during the work day.
Snatch balance - do you spend time in the bottom position? What I find online is people starting with the bar on the back of their shoulders then dropping down to the bottom but they seem to come back up pretty quickly from there. Thanks.

-S-

Snatch balance - do you spend time in the bottom position? What I find online is people starting with the bar on the back of their shoulders then dropping down to the bottom but they seem to come back up pretty quickly from there. Thanks.

-S-

I do, yes.

30 seconds, usually, when using the stick or an empty bar.

Last edited:

-S-

I think @Anna C does or used to do them, too.

But I don't know if she was bouncy or sticky.

I think @Anna C does or used to do them, too.

But I don't know if she was bouncy or sticky.

Some of both! Just depends what I'm working on. Love the snatch balance... and I love ovehead squats... although I have yet to fully master the smooth drop of the weighted bar onto back/shoulders with snatch grip. ? Always a bit awkward with that part with anything over 25 kg or so.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom