all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Snatches and Rollouts

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Simply strong

Level 4 Valued Member
Ive recently been training little other than snatches and rollouts and simply want to recommend it!

I’ve been gradually increasing snatches EMOM for 10-20 min then increasing the reps per minute once I achieve 20 min and repeating the cycle. Then rollouts for 5x5 with 60-90s rest. There is no programmed progression for rollouts other than active tension and technique improvements.

I like this for several reasons...
- Simple!
- Grip and Abs!
- Snatches use a lighter bell than swings which means less financial cost to home gyms.
- If I squeeze my lats and keep my elbows off lock I’ve found it increases the activation in my triceps and chest as well as lats.
- Rollouts can be made almost impossibly difficult without ever needing additional equipment.
- A pause in the lock out position (in the snatch) increases time under tension for the traps, shoulders and obliques.

Ive recently been training little other than snatches and rollouts and simply want to recommend it!

I’ve been gradually increasing snatches EMOM for 10-20 min then increasing the reps per minute once I achieve 20 min and repeating the cycle. Then rollouts for 5x5 with 60-90s rest. There is no programmed progression for rollouts other than active tension and technique improvements.

I like this for several reasons...
- Simple!
- Grip and Abs!
- Snatches use a lighter bell than swings which means less financial cost to home gyms.
- If I squeeze my lats and keep my elbows off lock I’ve found it increases the activation in my triceps and chest as well as lats.
- Rollouts can be made almost impossibly difficult without ever needing additional equipment.
- A pause in the lock out position (in the snatch) increases time under tension for the traps, shoulders and obliques.
What are the rollouts? Ab wheel roll outs?

Last edited:
i have done similar thing: snatch, but with heavy weight/ low rep (under 5), plus 10-25 full roll out. i felt strong. and it looks cool, too. not to mention i gained some weight....

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom