all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Social Distance Strong!

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

LoriLifts

Level 10 Valued Member
Gym closed? School canceled? Quarantined?

Sad? Frustrated? Angry?

Out of toilet paper/condiments/beer?

We’re all in this together.
Stop in and post your workouts, dinner, binge worthy tv.
It’s better than staring out the window. Or cleaning the house.

I’ll kick it off with my favorite song when I’m feeling down.
Turn it up! Play it twice!

Last edited:
Hahahaha in Australia our Chief Medical Officer has said that community quarantine doesn't work and won't happen here but we shall see. In the mean time it's work, shop and gym where we normally go.

Hahahaha in Australia our Chief Medical Officer has said that community quarantine doesn't work and won't happen here but we shall see. In the mean time it's work, shop and gym where we normally go.
Hahh...the first politicians are prohibiting going outside!

I've been "grease the groove" homeschooling my kids in math.

We were getting in a lot of baseball/softball drilling for the first few days... but naturally, we now have an inch or two of snow on the ground, so we cant do that again until probably next week. Mother Nature adding insult to injury - perfect Spring skiing conditions, but all the mountains are closed ?

I'm fortunate to have a pretty good home gym setup, so lockdown hasn't been too disruptive to my training, at least. If it all goes south, come find me in Colorado, I'll be the big guy in the hockey mask
Lord_Humungus.jpg

That is really too bad....being that you are a freaking island when you think about it! It should give you an advantage of keeping things out. I am in a central province in Canada, and when you look at the outbreak maps we have very little, and our major airport is NOT an internatinal destination compared to ones like Toronto and Vancouver. It's like we are not as thick with the red dots/shades of an outbreak map, but it's going to encroach us I am sure.

We just declared a state of emergency in our province today....all those things like no people more than 50 in a room, etc. My local grocery store is the nearby bigger town is planning to let only so many in at a time, put up plexiglass of sorts for the cashiers. Crazy! I worked today and have not really been out of the house other than one grocery trip for the last 6 days or so. I was astounded to see how many people were out and about...sheesh!

Here is some trivia/a nugget for you all....speaking of social isolation, I have found the perfect place guys....in our Canadian territory of Nunavut (was created in 1999). It's the northernmost community in North America, and there is only a weather station with some scientists and camp cooks (named Alert) further up. A bit of a sad history as it was created by relocating northern Quebec Inuit families with false promises of land/animals/bounty. Man though, I bet these people have little to no worry about coronavirus with one small airport and one sealift by barge a year. Lived in the North at one point, but not even close to this...still had trees lol.

I think we could go up here and still be 6 feet or more away from civilization and peace out.....

Grise Fiord.jpgmap_grisefiord.jpg

Hello,

I juste stumbled accross this: the Arnold's old bodyweight training:

In France, due to containement, I take advantage of this to do 'daily challenges'. For instance today I will do 10 burpees and 10 pull ups, every 30 minutes, all day long, in addition to the regular routine.

Kind regards,

Pet'

The world is on house arrest!

It's so interesting to read the restrictions/rules in different countries.

Our outdoor parks are still open. Most grocery stores have reduced hours. The first hour is reserved for customers over 60.
Public gatherings over 10 people are prohibited.

I wonder, when we all get through this, how will life be different? Maybe small annoyances won't matter so much. Maybe we'll be more considerate, compassionate. I hope so.

?
or
?
anyways...
did my first session on my little rebounder today, I liked it
To my surprise it has already arrived today! took about 45min and some good finger strength to put it together...
grip training?!
edit for 2nd article

Last edited:
I’m glad people are having fun on lockdown. If Corona doesn’t get me crushing debt will.

I’m glad people are having fun on lockdown. If Corona doesn’t get me crushing debt will.
My husband is a sports writer at the newspaper. Starting next week they're using him in other departments.
I'm working from home for 2 weeks. I'm a field rep, no way we're going back on the road. We're supposed to get an update next week. I'm cautiously optimistic but preparing for the worst.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom