all posts post new thread

Strong Endurance Strong Endurance Express!

I’ve been without kettlebells now since June. Ballistics and endurance in them are my weak link right now; tough to maintain with no iron.
In three weeks I’ll have my snatch test bell only for a few months, then will be several months with nothing again. It seems a great time to apply what’s likely in SEE. However I suspect a lot of the programs will call for heavier than snatch test bell.

I’m also curious about applicability of the principles to body weight programming, as after these next few months that’s all I’ll have. I found the walking lunge program an interesting read; not sure how well it would help with, for example, snatch test type of endurance.
I think plan 024 (from SEE) would be a good fit, if you are stronger possibly also 060. 024 starts with a threshold test to find the reps per minute your are comfortable with, and then adjusts the way you do your A+A training with the same bell. So this plan seems to just meet you where you are and guides you for 2 months.

That being said, you could also go for the Speed Metal course, which features a lot of snatching protocols (including 060, a Timeless plan and some other progressions).

I’ve been without kettlebells now since June. Ballistics and endurance in them are my weak link right now; tough to maintain with no iron.
In three weeks I’ll have my snatch test bell only for a few months, then will be several months with nothing again. It seems a great time to apply what’s likely in SEE. However I suspect a lot of the programs will call for heavier than snatch test bell.

I’m also curious about applicability of the principles to body weight programming, as after these next few months that’s all I’ll have. I found the walking lunge program an interesting read; not sure how well it would help with, for example, snatch test type of endurance.

What @Bauer says! Plan 024 or Plan 025 both use a bell you can swing/snatch voor Timed Simple (swings) or SFG Snatch test and use for a long, long time.

Actually curious to see what the plan does, it's a ton of volume at the end ROFL

Edit: I just now saw that plan 060 also uses the snatch test bell, I thought it was a 'light bell'.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen,

“For the average person just looking to handle what life throws their way, is there value in buying SE express? I have Q&D, KBSF, speed metal, AXE and IC, do I need this?”

Probably not.

While I probably didn’t need this, I bought it anyhow. No regrets it is an incredible package.

If you are serious about training the rest of your life using StrongFirst methods, pull the trigger, you won’t be sorry.

You might also want to look in to 100 Push up program?

What @Bauer says! Plan 024 or Plan 025 both use a bell you can swing/snatch voor Timed Simple (swings) or SFG Snatch test and use for a long, long time.

Actually curious to see what the plan does, it's a ton of volume at the end ROFL

Edit: I just now saw that plan 060 also uses the snatch test bell, I thought it was a 'light bell'.
The plan does not use the snatch test bell. You use 65-75% of the snatch test bell.

The plan does not use the snatch test bell. You use 65-75% of the snatch test bell.
I think there maybe is a difference in SE and SEE; the Module says 'Bell you can TSC snatch for 100/5min'

I think there maybe a difference in SE and SEE; the Module says 'Bell you can TSC snatch for 100/5min'
for kettlebell selection - you identify the bell you can snatch ~100x in 5 minutes call that your "100Bell"
for plan 060 you need a bell that is between 65 - 75% of that weight.

100Bell * 0.65 = Min Bell weight
100Bell * 0.75 = Max Bell weight

Hopefully, you have a bell size between the min and max to load the plan properly.

I think there maybe is a difference in SE and SEE; the Module says 'Bell you can TSC snatch for 100/5min'
The slide (and Pavel) says so in the video, but the manual (as well as the Speed Metal manual) tells us to use the 65-75% bell.

for kettlebell selection - you identify the bell you can snatch ~100x in 5 minutes call that your "100Bell"
for plan 060 you need a bell that is between 65 - 75% of that weight.

100Bell * 0.65 = Min Bell weight
100Bell * 0.75 = Max Bell weight

Hopefully, you have a bell size between the min and max to load the plan properly.

The slide (and Pavel) says so in the video, but the manual (as well as the Speed Metal manual) tells us to use the 65-75% bell.
The free PDF of Plan 025 states to use a bell you can do 100 reps in 5 minutes with, like @Tjerr said. Y'all might be looking at something different than me, but here's a screen shot showing Plan 025 with the Kettlebell Selection section.

Screen Shot 2024-02-20 at 3.18.03 PM.png

The free PDF of Plan 025 states to use a bell you can do 100 reps in 5 minutes with, like @Tjerr said. Y'all might be looking at something different than me, but here's a screen shot showing Plan 025 with the Kettlebell Selection section.
oh I thought we were talking about 060 bell size selection ...

Hello
Working on my cardio after a burnout
Contemplating to get this course in order to put strength training in between my cardio zone 2 sessions,
Does this course help you to build a program for calisthenics ( like pull up / push ups / squats) which would fit in a cardio program or is it exclusively (or mainly) KB oriented ?

Bauer,
Leapfrogging 2:
For example, 6 weeks of AXE, followed by 6 weeks of 025.
Should one just do these purely (if going back and forth), or have some maintenance volume?
Yes.

To illustrate: Phase 1: AXE + 025 on Saturdays // Phase 2: 025 + 10 minutes of AXE during warmup or on other days (or maybe 1x Q&D per week).
Good choices.

My goals:
I am a desk worker. My goals are general health, and being strong to support my family.
During the summer I was happy with KBSF with LCCJs + running + some low volume One Arm Pushups. During winter I subbed step ups for running (AGST plan from Kenneth Bolyard).
I like the combo of a KB ballistic as the main dish + lower intensity endurance + a little bit of grinding.
You put together a good combination and Kenneth's step-up plans are excellent.

If you plan on going back to running, maintain your lower leg elasticity, e.g., by skipping rope.

To reframe my question: Can I keep this setup, just plugging in any of the SE plans in the KB ballistic slot -- and would this work with Glycolytic Power Repeats, too? I would probably lower the volume of step ups during that phase.
Go for it.

Bauer,

Yes.

Good choices.

You put together a good combination and Kenneth's step-up plans are excellent.

If you plan on going back to running, maintain your lower leg elasticity, e.g., by skipping rope.

Go for it.
Thank you so much, Pavel!

Allow me one follow up question:
Do you still recommend two week blocks for those that are willing to stick to it, as in ROTK or in some of the older FAQs?

Leapfrogging

What about leapfrogging with three phases? AXE>Q&D>060 something like @Derek Toshner peaking for mountains. What would be better if you don’t need to peak for summit?
  1. AXE 6 weeks (2-3 days) > Q&D 6 weeks ( 2-3 days) > 060 6 weeks (2days)
  2. AXE 6 weeks (2-3 days) > Q&D 6 weeks ( 2-3 days) > 060 until finishing phase 2 (2days)
  3. AXE 6 weeks with one day of 060 > Q&D 6 weeks with 1day of AXE > 060 6 weeks with 1 day of Q&D
  4. AXE and Q&D in one block > 060
  5. AXE > Q&D and 060 in one block
Ad1. In 6 weeks of 060 you maybe can’t finish phase2?

Ad2. In 060 it could take too long to reach end of phase 2, you lose gains of AXE?

Ad3. This could solve problems of losing adaptation made before?

Is leapfrogging between AXE,QnD,Metal Heart too much and should we choose just two phases? What kind of leapfrogging would you recommend for first responders?

While I probably didn’t need this, I bought it anyhow. No regrets it is an incredible package.

If you are serious about training the rest of your life using StrongFirst methods, pull the trigger, you won’t be sorry.
Brilliant move by Pavel. Calling me average. So I bought it just to prove I wasn't.

Back
Top Bottom