all posts post new thread

Strong mobility

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Monday 4th February
Light breathing. Mobility routine.
Driving...

ROP (light)
KB press:
(28kg x 1, 24kg x 2, 3) x 4
(28kg x 1, 24kg x 2) x 1

Light and easy. Relatively little rest, I was hungry, so I did not lose too much time between rungs. :)

Tuesday 5th February
Light breathing. Mobility routine. Two days with no leg swings. I have to stop being lazy.

Conditioning
Strong endurance Plan 044C

Wednesday 6th February
Light breathing. Mobility routine. Leg swings.

ROP (heavy)
KB clean and press:
(28kg x 1, 24kg x 2, 3, 4, 5) x 5

To be perfectly honest, the last set with the left hand was more 4+1 clean and press. I badly cleaned the last rep, so could not press it correctly. I put the bell down, immediately cleaned it again, and pressed it.
Last heavy day of the cycle done. I have a medium day on Friday, and the last light day on Monday. Happy to have it almost behind me. That was a lot of volume in the last weeks.
I will assess in one or two weeks if I start a new cycle with more rungs with the 28kg, or if I do more park bench training.

Thursday 7th February

Conditioning
I have been working on breathing timing lately, to ensure the sharp expiration is really at the hip snap, not when the bell reaches the top. It is hard to see on video, but when you practice it, you feel it.

Friday 8th February
Light breathing.
(completely forgot the rest. Yes, it happens).

ROP (heavy)
KB clean and press:
(28kg x 1, 24kg x 2, 3, 4) x 5

Getting close to the end of the cycle. Just one light day and we are done.

EDIT: forgot about the weight check. After a week of paying attention, I dropped to 65,7kg while still progressing in the ROP cycle. I allowed myself to open a bottle of wine. From today, I will pay again attention, not go crazy in any direction (under or overeating), and just do the same at last week. Thursday is test day. I need proper weight, but mainly strength, conditioning, and good technique.

Last edited:
Saturday 9th February
Light breathing.

Conditioning
First deload session.
One more very low volume on Tuesday, and then a snatch test on Thursday.

Last edited:
Saturday afternoon
SFG practice - by the book
Swing: 24kg x 10 left and right
Getup: 24kg, left and right
Double clean: (2x24kg) x 5
Press: 24kg x 5 left and right
Double front squat: (2x24kg) x 5

Sunday 10th February

ROP (light)
KB clean and press: (28kg x 1, 24kg x 2, 3)
KB Press: (28kg x 1, 24kg x 2, 3) x 4

I forgot I was doing presses on light day, so the first ladder was clean and press.
I finished strongly this cycle with 24kg, and the lower rung with 28kg.
All lifts felt solid today.

Tomorrow, I will do one more easy SFG practice with a pair of 24s, and Tuesday the last snatch session (very low volume).

Monday 11th February
Morning measures. Weight: 66,6kg, HR: 40, BOLT: 39.

Long drive. Long day.

SFG practice - light - focus on technique
Swing: 24kg x 10 left and right
Getup: 24kg, left and right
Double clean: (2x24kg) x 5
Press: 24kg x 5 left and right
Double front squat: (2x24kg) x 5

No snatches, as I have my last light session tomorrow.

Tuesday 12th February
Morning measures. HR: 38, BOLT: 40. Getting better.

Conditioning
Second and last deloading session. Very low volume. 40 snatches only, but they reached an apex in power.

Now dinner.

Thursday 14th February
Travel.
SFG recert. Done.

Friday to Sunday: SFG practice, coaching. Assisting at Paris SFG, led by Fabio Zonin himself.
Is it necessary to write how great experience it is?
Yesterday (Saturday), we all went through a session of Strong endurance plan 044B. I thought I had finished with this plan on Tuesday, but I finally had another session with a 24. It went very well.

Now, last day. Ready to rock and roll.

Monday: travel.
Tuesday: back to work. No training today.

Tomorrow: new cycle of ROP, starting with 3 ladders of 3. During the weekend, I did my share of swings, squats, snatches, cleans, etc. I stayed on the light side for presses, as I was supposed to be in a deload week... Still did a couple of 28kg, a bit more of 24s, but mostly stayed with 20s when I could.

My strong friend @Pierre Martini achieved the Beast tamer challenge, despite looking more like a praying mantis than a bodybuilder. That was impressive!
Another friend and colleague pressed a 40kg. He is not a heavy weight. Last year, at his cert, he barely pressed the 28. I can already press the 28 easily. I am more advanced than he was one year ago. No excuse. Next year, I will press the 40 too.
(@Pierre Martini, see, it is written. I will need your coaching on this one! ;)).

Wednesday 20th February
Back to the morning routine.

Something I forgot to write is that I tested (for myself) my SFB skills on Saturday: I did the 5 strict pullups, a OAOLPU, and a pistol (on both sides), so I am compliant with the new rules, to be implemented in November.

ROP (heavy day)
KB Clean and press: (28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3) x 3
Much lower volume. This is a new cycle. The goal is to press a 40kg in 2019. So there is some work to do. ROP is a good program to accumulate volume and make progress stick. We will see how it goes.

Saturday 23rd February

ROP (medium)
KB Clean and press: (28kg x 1, 28kg x 2) x 5
I tend to used 1 min after 1 rep, 2 min after 2 reps, etc, but in this case, it starts to be heavy (for me), so I increased rest period toward the last ladders. The goal is not density, but to make all the lifts.
My reclean between presses needs some work.
My very final set of 2 from the left was not a real double, but two single clean and press (bell on the floor between the reps to ensure a good clean).
Overall not bad, but I feel that it is not going to be a walk in the park. All good. This is the price to pay to press more than half bodyweight in a few month.

Monday: travel.
Tuesday: back to work. No training today.

Tomorrow: new cycle of ROP, starting with 3 ladders of 3. During the weekend, I did my share of swings, squats, snatches, cleans, etc. I stayed on the light side for presses, as I was supposed to be in a deload week... Still did a couple of 28kg, a bit more of 24s, but mostly stayed with 20s when I could.

My strong friend @Pierre Martini achieved the Beast tamer challenge, despite looking more like a praying mantis than a bodybuilder. That was impressive!
Another friend and colleague pressed a 40kg. He is not a heavy weight. Last year, at his cert, he barely pressed the 28. I can already press the 28 easily. I am more advanced than he was one year ago. No excuse. Next year, I will press the 40 too.
(@Pierre Martini, see, it is written. I will need your coaching on this one! ;)).

A praying mantis! hahaha that's right. I will be happy to help you Brother! #teamprayingmantis

Reactions: jef
Monday 25th February
Light breathing.

Mobility routine (done in the evening).
ROP (light)
KB press: (28 kg x 1) x 5

Yesterday, Wednesday, I was supposed to have my ROP heavy day. It was a stressful day. I came back to the hotel nervous and stressed. I did the single at 28, and missed the first double. I decided to call it a day, postponed the session, and went to dinner (and wine).
Bad for an instructor, right? Not following the program?

Now, let's look at today's work.
Thursday 28th February
ROP (Heavy day)
KB Clean and press: (28kg x 1, 28kg x 2, 24kg x 3) x 4
The first two rungs of the first ladder were a bit hard. I was again a bit stressed and not completely warmed up. But the rest of the session went smoothly, and lifts improved.
The 24 felt like a toy.
I was able to concentrate on technique on all reps. I even changed a bit my pattern (I am looking at the bell when it goes up now, while I used to look straight ahead - it makes the lift feel lighter...).

Lesson of the day: sometimes, postponing a session ensure you can achieve it with quality reps. Short term, it seems wrong. Long term, it may be a good decision.

Medium day on Saturday instead of Friday, and Monday is back on schedule.

Friday 1st March

Due to the postponed heavy ROP session from Wednesday to Thursday, no ROP today.
But I wondered if I still have my SFB skills, so I tested at the office.
Pistol, with a pause at the bottom. Left, good solid. Right, good, could be more solid.
One-arm one leg pushup. Left, good solid. Right, good, but a slight twist.
Overall happy. The skill is still there.

Saturday 2nd March

ROP (medium)
KB Clean and press: (28kg x 1, 28kg x 2) x 5
Not a walk in the park, but solid.

Sunday 3rd March
Light breathing.

In the evening, after the family left.
A+A prep
Snatch: 24kg x (3+3), 28kg x (3+3), 28kg x 3R, 28kg x 3L, 28kg x 3R, 28kg x 3L.
Testing the technique at 28kg. I have not snatched heavier than 24kg for some time, nor done a lot of 1H heavy swings, so I need to get the groove back. Plenty of rest, although not timed.
This week, I will start EMOM with very few reps per set, and approach total volume by feeling. No bus bench here. I have the HR monitor and the push band to analyse how it goes.

Then later, half kneeling windmill series. To add some spice.

Monday 4th March
Light breathing. Mobility routine. OAOLPU, pistol. Leg swings.

ROP (light)
KB Press: (28kg x 1) x 5
Between 1 and 2 min of rest between singles. Super easy, the bell was flying.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom