all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Thanks to all of you.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Frank_IT

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi everyone,

be prepared for a long, emotional and most likely boring read.

I was chubby, weak (I'd better say it again: weak) and had the worst posture possible (anterior dominance, hunched back, tightest hips of ever).

I started taking kettlebells seriously at the beginning of march thanks to this guy: Our instructors

Alessandro changed everthing. Although he says he was impressed by my self taught technique and we were doing minor changes. I tell you that nothing he did was minor. Check your nearest SFG: these guys know what they're doing. He's the first one I have to thank. To StrongFirst: you have certified a beast.

Back to that time I never did and was unable to complete one single loaded get up. I followed instructions. Within three weeks I was able to do 10 of them with a 16 kg kettlebell in my hand, 5 each side, in under 10 minutes. On Easter day I succesfully completed my first 24 kg loaded one. Ale was always there.

Thanks to @Pavel, I got this gem of Simple & Sinister.

Thanks another @Pavel Macek, I undesrtood that 32 kg are not bodyweight dependant.

Thanks to @Steve Freides, I had many math problems solved. And found what true commitment means: one just can't moderate this Forum without being commited.

Thanks to @Geoff Chafe, I got to know the importance of a vise grip and how to train it.

Thanks to @offwidth, that oftenly liked my posts and knows things, I knew that maybe I was really starting to understand how these heavy spheres were to be treated.

Thanks to @Miguel, I was shown the "bond", although virtual, that this place creates. I never really not even had a reply by him or to him... Yet he knew exactly where I was and where I was going with my training just by checking in on other people. You showed me more than you can imagine, hermano, and I'll be forever grateful to you for intriducing me to the next person I have to thank. As I told you, you've become my inspiration yourself!

Thanks to @aciampa for being just the best. For having written the best manual ever possibile to mankind (thread coming very soon), for every email you responded to, for keeping up with my frenzy and for making me feel like an athlete, something I never thought possible.

Thanks to each and every person participating on this forum. I only had experience in Sherdog and Nikpn Italian ones. I've never become a better martial artist and I studied most of the things I know about photography by myself. Thanks of you I've become a better student of the method, a stronger person and have really developed reasons to get stronger. Each and every person.

By this time, you might be asking "why the hell is this guy thanking people?"... Well, you know... I started from the most absolute nothing and today...

...I REACHED SIMPLE!
This is the first program I've ever completed. This is the first time I do any type of weight training for more than two months. This is the first time that I grinded my teeth and said to myself "you can't quit, you have unfinished business!".

This post is long enough, but if you are curious about what S&S did to a complete novice health, strength and looks wise, just ask, it would be awesome to hear you! :)

Oh... I forgot one person. He entered this Forum with a blast, and he's taking it by storm.

Thanks, @Bonkin!​

Attachments

• PIC_6883.jpg
    PIC_6883.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 84
My Italian is not so good, so I hope Google translate does a good enough job.

Non è noioso a tutti, Francesco!

Congratulazioni, so che hai lavorato duro e le modifiche apportate nella vostra vita e suscitare in altri sono notevoli.

Lei è stato strumentale nel avermi accolto qui e ho molto grato, il mio amico!

Spero di unirmi a voi presto e vi ringrazio per l'immagine - mi piace molto la tua nota!

Forza, Francesco!

Wow! So many of you! :)

Thanks to @patterner (awesome Italian!), @Shahaf Levin , @Strong Rick, @TravisDirks, @El Cid and @Pavel Macek. You rock, guys!

@aciampa yes, Sir, very sooner! Last evening I just felt like I had it, so I thought that the worst thing possibile would have been to remain stacked to 4 tgus with the 32 kg and the last one with the 24 kg... It was not the case! Now I know I really have Simple in my hands, as the get ups where not easy at all but always under my control! How you've been important in the last weeks, you already know. Forever thankful, Sir!

@Bonkin... You never fail to amaze! :D Google translate did a fine job, and I'm very happy to read this! You're one of the best here, keep kicking it and I'm sure you'll hit Simple in a very short time, more so now that you are a judoka! Thanks again, Mike: I really cannot tell you how much you inspired me.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom