all posts post new thread

The 2024 Deadlift Big Plates for Reps Challenge

Traditionally it is whiskey and deadlifts, bourbon and bench press ... Weirdly enough no one seems to do that with squats or presses... We could start something new - vodka and presses, tequila and squats maybe?
Tequila sounds awful. I have done whiskey and deadlifts. Beer and presses. But I’m not a good influence all the time. Sometimes cigars too but not for a while.

I lift in kilograms, not pounds, and today I'm posting 140 kg, which is 309 lbs, which is close enough to 315 for me. 2 reds, a 5 and a 2.5 on each side of the bar, plus competition clamps that are 2.5 on each side of the bar. 10 reps, guessing 1-2 reps in reserve. This is a bit over 2 x my competition bodyweight of 67.5 kg but about 2 x my actual bodyweight at the moment of 70 kg.

NB: 140 kg is the same as the bar with three blue (20 kg) plates on each side. I just keep two reds on my bar and don't usually lift less than that.

Video is exactly 1 minute long.

-S-

Tequila sounds awful. I have done whiskey and deadlifts. Beer and presses. But I’m not a good influence all the time. Sometimes cigars too but not for a while.
Haha I rarely drink and drinking + lifting just sounds awful.

Oo what about Screwdrivers and Squats!? Or ... Mimosas and Getups!

We have this for squats thanks to @Boris Bachmann:

So why not for deadlifts, too?

I lift in kilograms, not pounds, and today's I'm posting 140 kg, which is 309 lbs, which is close enough to 315 for me. 2 reds, a 5 and a 2.5 on each side of the bar, plus competition clamps that are 2.5 on each side of the bar. 10 reps, guessing 1-2 reps in reserve. This is a bit over 2 x my competition bodyweight of 67.5 kg but about 2 x my actual bodyweight at the moment of 70 kg.

Video is exactly 1 minute long.

-S-

Killing it Steve

I surprised myself and did four (kilo) plates for a set of ten. As a whole, it wasn't as bad as I thought, though still terrible.

Before I did it, I had a thought of monthly or bimonthly increments to get to five a side by fall. I'm not so sure anymore. In any case, I still refuse to train the deadlift with anything more than three reps a set. Not that I've needed to.

Well its not 405... I just wanted to share my 385 x 5 ... I think 405 was there, I just haven't deadlifted anything over 320lbs in I think 6 years so I stayed conservative. I'll do 3 month cycle and then come back and claim 405 for 5.

First slide is my last warmup of 335lbs x 5, second slide is 385lbs x 5.

Well its not 405... I just wanted to share my 385 x 5 ... I think 405 was there, I just haven't deadlifted anything over 320lbs in I think 6 years so I stayed conservative. I'll do 3 month cycle and then come back and claim 405 for 5.

First slide is my last warmup of 335lbs x 5, second slide is 385lbs x 5.

I love that a kid shows up on his bike while you lift.

I did 5 reps at 135 and 225 yesterday.

For being cheating I'm finding sumo is harder than conventional. Sure the weight moves easier, but it makes me more light headed than it should.

Attachments

• 1705204802714.png
    1705204802714.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom