all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed The Enhanced Games -- No Testing Olympics Competitor Announced

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
I think this is a likely outcome. As previously mentioned, I can't imagine many current Olympic caliber athletes will want to risk eligibility in the established sporting bodies to get on board with this.
I think it would look bad for both the tested and non tested. The tested games would kind of be pointless if they weren’t smashing records and the non tested, lots of people would then naturally assume they’re probably juiced too. Maybe, I don’t know really, but to me, it’d be a bit weird if not much really changed performance wise.

And with the doped athletes being older/not quite good enough without PEDs, their improvement might only get them to a comparable level to non tested. So why bother?

Interesting

Still, I want to see someone built like the mountain win the high jump or the marathon. Be pretty funny to see.

Last edited:
I think we actually won't see too many world records broken here. First of all, I would caution to not assume everybody in the "real" Games is clean, especially not after we've seen so many cases of institutional doping (or doping by nearly the entire roster of certain coaches), intricate schemes to beat testing etc. etc. Often enough they strip somebody of a medal three cycles later, when nobody cares anymore.
And second, for the time being, money and prestige in the "clean" event are just way better. If you enter the PED Olympics, you may have the chance to win a million, but unless the event is here to stay and / or finds imitators, few elite athletes in popular sports would probably risk becoming life-long pariahs after participation - which will likely be the case for all participants, not just the winners. So it's a very risky horse to bet on, and whoever has better options will likely take them. I think it will mostly draw amateurs and a few retired or semi-retired pros.

Iirc, didn't bodybuilding try to go clean for a while in the late 80s/early 90s? Maybe I'm just totally remembering things wrong (it happens), but I thought that it ended up being a complete failure - people showing up out of shape, nobody was happy about it, etc. The PED Games kinda reminds me of that, only in reverse.

Iirc, didn't bodybuilding try to go clean for a while in the late 80s/early 90s? Maybe I'm just totally remembering things wrong (it happens), but I thought that it ended up being a complete failure - people showing up out of shape, nobody was happy about it, etc. The PED Games kinda reminds me of that, only in reverse.
Natty bodybuilding is still alive and well.

The problem is competitors can’t compete as frequently so they don’t build up as much of a name.

Back
Top Bottom