all posts post new thread

Bodyweight The Great Gama Protocol (GPP)

@Pavel Macek What are your thoughts on practicing just the Sun Salutation in the morning, and then the remaining exercises in the afternoon?

I absolutely love GGP but I can see the time commitment in the AM becoming very lengthy.

I train S&S 3-4x/week and was wondering how best to work GGP into my schedule. Fortunately I have a job that keeps me extremely busy and time is of the essence! :)

@Pavel Macek What are your thoughts on practicing just the Sun Salutation in the morning, and then the remaining exercises in the afternoon?

I absolutely love GGP but I can see the time commitment in the AM becoming very lengthy.

I train S&S 3-4x/week and was wondering how best to work GGP into my schedule. Fortunately I have a job that keeps me extremely busy and time is of the essence! :)

Please check the various options in the programming section of the manual - of course you can split it.

Have you tried the full program yet? I don't think the protocol is lengthy - some arm swings + Sun salutation - about 10 mins, my 43 pushups and 86 squats take me just slightly more than 5 minutes. Some bridges, "Heavenly drum" and done: I am usually done in 15 minutes, 20 minutes tops.

Please check the various options in the programming section of the manual - of course you can split it.

Have you tried the full program yet? I don't think the protocol is lengthy - some arm swings + Sun salutation - about 10 mins, my 43 pushups and 86 squats take me just slightly more than 5 minutes. Some bridges, "Heavenly drum" and done: I am usually done in 15 minutes, 20 minutes tops.
Good point - I am still learning the movements and taking my time. I’m 50 and on paper the sets and reps goal appears daunting!

Good point - I am still learning the movements and taking my time. I’m 50 and on paper the sets and reps goal appears daunting!

As written in the manual - do not worry about sets/reps for time being: learn and master the exercises. Quote from the manual:

Month 1:
  • Sun salutation: 6 sets (left = 1st set; right = 2nd set… )
  • Pushups: 6 reps
  • Squats: 12 reps
  • Bridges: 6 reps

...how long does this take?

When you become proficient in them, you will get into a flow (which you should) and you will have your morning recharge finished in no time - and without a rush: "Who understood life is no longer in a hurry." I do just 7 reps less than you, my friend.

Second note: Goal = goal (somewhere in the future, not now)

Third note: So, unless you are 100 years old, I would object to GGP being a "lengthy program" - and if you are 100, power to you, you probably have lot of free time anyway.

As written in the manual - do not worry about sets/reps for time being: learn and master the exercises. Quote from the manual:

Month 1:
  • Sun salutation: 6 sets (left = 1st set; right = 2nd set… )
  • Pushups: 6 reps
  • Squats: 12 reps
  • Bridges: 6 reps

...how long does this take?

When you become proficient in them, you will get into a flow (which you should) and you will have your morning recharge finished in no time - and without a rush: "Who understood life is no longer in a hurry." I do just 7 reps less than you, my friend.

Second note: Goal = goal (somewhere in the future, not now)

Third note: So, unless you are 100 years old, I would object to GGP being a "lengthy program" - and if you are 100, power to you, you probably have lot of free time anyway.

Good to read this. At the moment I have the feeling that my sun salutations need forever. Maybe I stay for too long in the stretches.
I have to say it's fun to do something new. It showed me my weak spots and I am looking forward to see my progress.

It's good to have a short, minimalistic 'DO THIS' program. I love just doing it and not thinking a lot about options, additions, accessory work, etc.

Pavel, your work is amazing and I hope you have success with this.
I can already recommend it, even if you just take out 1-2 movements for your daily routines or training warm ups / cool downs.

Good to read this. At the moment I have the feeling that my sun salutations need forever. Maybe I stay for too long in the stretches.
I have to say it's fun to do something new. It showed me my weak spots and I am looking forward to see my progress.

It's good to have a short, minimalistic 'DO THIS' program. I love just doing it and not thinking a lot about options, additions, accessory work, etc.

Pavel, your work is amazing and I hope you have success with this.
I can already recommend it, even if you just take out 1-2 movements for your daily routines or training warm ups / cool downs.

You will improve quite quickly, you will see. Gradual progress and consistency is the key.

Thank you for your kind words, I am happy you like it. The launch ends tomorrow - and honestly, it is very, very successful, beyond the imaginations: not only the numbers of sales, but the positive reception, reviews, testimonials, and comments. I am glad people find the GGP useful.

I grabbed this during the release special because it fits the bill perfectly for what I've been looking for.
I do Q&D Snatches and loaded walking, and even though I have a morning Indian club routine I felt like I needed more to counteract the increased amount of sitting I've been doing while teleworking.

Also, your movement is extremely fluid. I hope I can get to that level eventually. It looks effortless. Thanks again!

I grabbed this during the release special because it fits the bill perfectly for what I've been looking for.
I do Q&D Snatches and loaded walking, and even though I have a morning Indian club routine I felt like I needed more to counteract the increased amount of sitting I've been doing while teleworking.

Also, your movement is extremely fluid. I hope I can get to that level eventually. It looks effortless. Thanks again!

Thank you! Well, some day I am pretty rusty, some days are better, but after few reps, the body starts opening and movies better, I get into flow, and I truly enjoy the practice. Let me know how it goes!

Quick question since you mentioned updates earlier - will I receive an email notification about these when they happen? Thank you!

Quick question since you mentioned updates earlier - will I receive an email notification about these when they happen? Thank you!

All updates will be reported vie email newsletter + FB group. I am already working on some additions to the manual and few other bonuses.

Hi @Pavel Macek - congratulations on the excellent new program. I bought it, watched it straight through, and have been doing it everyday.

Some queries

1 - If I incorporate GGP as a ‘finisher’ to my near-daily S+S routine, could it compromise my progress?

2 - If I am employing GGP as a finisher to S+S, should I just skip the bridges (as they are included in S+S warm)?

3 - Lastly, if specifically used as an S+S finisher, what sets / reps / frequency would you recommend?

Thankyou in advance for your answers. I absolutely love the program.

I am looking forward to anything else you release, and praying to the gods of strength for a granular kettlebell instructional.

Be well, - J

First of all, thank you for your kind words and purchasing the program, I am happy you like it,

Ad 1 - if you follow the gradual progression, outlined in the manual, and keep it easy, no.

Ad 2 - no - as the names say (glute bridge vs. thoracic bridge), different exercises.

Ad 3 - sets/reps - please refer to the manual. Frequency - daily. It is, and it is supposed to be easy.

Bought it yesterday to still get the discount :)
As a daily OS practioner I can say that this is right up my alley. Obviously I haven't properly done it yet, but I can see this becoming my go-to recharge routine between heavier routines like barbell lifting.
Editing of the vids is great and I like the manual a lot. Many inspiring quotes in there, like you always do on your IG account @Pavel Macek.
Very nice work!

Bought it yesterday to still get the discount :)
As a daily OS practioner I can say that this is right up my alley. Obviously I haven't properly done it yet, but I can see this becoming my go-to recharge routine between heavier routines like barbell lifting.
Editing of the vids is great and I like the manual a lot. Many inspiring quotes in there, like you always do on your IG account @Pavel Macek.
Very nice work!

Thank you for your kind words, appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom