all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
June 15

Halos 3 x 5 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 3 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5 x 5

1HS 10 x 10 x 20
TGU 5 x 2 x 16 kg

I felt great after tonight's workout. After a rough day, I needed this workout.

June 18

Warm up: 1.7 mile walk/run

Halos 3 x 5 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5 x 5

1HS 10 x 10 x 24
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

I took June 16 off, as a planned day off. June 17, I went for a run in the morning, with every intention of working out in the afternoon. After running around all day doing errands, it was dinner time before I knew it. Grilled some chicken, had a few cold ones, and passed on working out for the day.

Happy Father's day to me. I decided I would challenge myself today, and I surprised myself. The 1HS were sharp from beginning to end, and my get ups were solid all the way through as well. So, now I am back on my way to hit simple before the end of the year. I just need to dial in my diet, and focus more on getting myself in better shape all around.

June 19

Halos 3 x 5 x 10 x 20 kg
Hip Bridges 3 x 5 x 5

1HS 10 x 10 x 24
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

It is amazing to me that I went from struggling to get up with the 20 kg kettlebell to being able to do five sets in a short period of time. I like using the 24 kg kettlebell better in my swings as well. So, I will stick with this until I can meet the simple standard. Then I will move up in weight.

June 21

Ran 1.7 miles, and did some mobility work and the Halos & Goblet Squats tonight. I had nothing in the tank afterwards, so I just stretched out and called it a night. Today was a rough day physically for some reason. So, after my run, I just did the warm ups and some stretching.

I think I am going to start getting up early, doing the T-Spine work and get back to doing the 4 weeks to flexible steel routine.

June 22

Warm up:
4 weeks to Flexible Steel
3 x 16kg Good Mornings
3 x Lunge Stretch
3 x Arm Bar with 12kg kettlebell
3 x Pullover with 12 kg kettlebell

T-Spine Mobility work, 3 sets

Halos 3 x 5 x 10 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

I could not properly swing the 24 kg kettlebell tonight. I just could not pop my hips hanging on to it. So, after a couple failed swings, I dropped back down to the 20 kg kettlebell. I had no problem swinging the 20 kg kettlebell, I even found the float for almost every rep tonight. I know, it makes no sense, but hey, it worked. Part of me thinks that I wasn't ready to swing the 24 kg kettlebell with my running program. So, lesson learned, pride put back away, and I am going back down to the 20 kg kettlebell for my swings. Oddly enough, get ups with the 20 kg kettlebell were not a struggle like the 24 kg swings. So, for a couple weeks, I apparently only need one kettlebell for my workout.

June 24

Warm up:
3 x 16kg Good Mornings
3 x Lunge Stretch

Halos 3 x 5 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

The halos felt better with the 16 kg kettlebell today, so I moved down. Everything else felt great from start to finish. Overall a great session.

Last edited:
June 25

Ran today & did my regular stretching routine. No kettlebells today, just running & stretching.

Last edited:
June 26

Warm up:
1.8 mile run
Halos 3 x 5 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

I felt good from start to finish today. Swings felt sharp & crisp. I cannot remember who said it, but getting deeper in my swings, almost pausing before popping my hips made a huge difference. @The Nail's write up about get ups made me focus on my form more last night, and they were great as well. I am happy with this routine following my running. I know that this is not the ideal way, but I am enjoying it, and it works for me. When I notice that I cannot get my swings in, or they aren't sharp, I will look into changing it up.

June 27

Warm up:
Halos 1 x 10 x 16 kg, 2 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

I was very happy with my session tonight. I moved back up to the 20 kg for my halos, moved a little slower and it felt good. Swings went quickly, and my get ups were again crisp. It seems weird that my get ups seem to be getting stronger faster than my swings. I feel that I could almost make the get up time standard, and I know I am not close to the swing standard for time. I also know that I can swing the 24 kg for 10 sets of 10, no where near the 5 minute timeframe, but I am not sure I could get up with that kettlebell. Well, not right now at least. Soon.......

June 28

Warm up:
3 x 16kg Good Mornings
3 x Lunge Stretch

Halos 1 x 10 x 16 kg, 2 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg, prying & curls at the bottom

1HS 10 x 10 x 20
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Good session tonight. I realized that I need to stick with the 16 kg kettlebell for Halos. I got halfway through my get ups & I realized that I needed more rest between sets. I did read on here where heavy Halos have affected someone else in the same manner. So, starting in my next session, I will do just that.

Going deeper in my swings, and almost pausing at the bottom is wrecking havoc with my hamstrings. They are so freaking tight afterwards. Stretching will be a requirement again.

June 29

Warm up:
3 x 16kg Good Mornings
3 x Lunge Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg, prying & curls at the bottom

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 16 kg

I was exhausted today when I got home. No energy at all. I started my warm up, because I was sitting all day, not moving nearly enough, damn spreadsheets. :confused:

I decided I would at least do my halos & goblet squats, I needed to loosen up. Well, that led to keeping the 16 kg kettlebell on my mat and going ahead with a session. The 16 kg kettlebell was more than enough to wear me out. It has been a long week, a real grind. I guess it caught up with me tonight. I am glad I at least got a session completed, even if it was with a lighter kettlebell. I may just take the 16 kg kettlebell on my road trip. Maybe a few days with a lighter kettlebell will help me fine tune my swings & get ups.

July 1

Travel day for the long weekend. Got to my destination, 8 hours is a long drive time. Stretched when we arrived and sat down & had a cold beer.

July 2

3 x 16kg Good Mornings
3 x Lunge Stretch

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 20 kg

Great session this morning. Worked out on my Mom's deck for a change. It felt great working out outside. It was funny to hear the AC kick on while I was out there. The best part of my workout was when it started raining just as I did my last get up.

Attachments

• IMAG0257.jpg
    IMAG0257.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 5
July 3

1.8 mile run

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 16 kg

Great run to start off my day, followed by a great kettlebell session. I went and worked out in the grass instead of on the deck today. Yeah, that is my 16 kg kettlebell in my Mother's grass. I am going to be smart about my routine. As much as I love swinging the 20 kg kettlebell, I need to back down to the 16 kg and master it first. I am going to slow down, and hit the time standard with this kettlebell before I move back up to the 20 kg kettlebell. If I hit the time standard in my get ups before the swings, or vice versa, then whichever movement hits the standard first will move up to the 20 kg kettlebell.

MmRmg3oZPKmXSNg8UqLc9_ueMxGNsOSp9FAoCDC5s75w5kHYwbzKjgoEZ2GHYVUnoczsy6A5Cm_dwyRnrMLkzrZfmXUEqjwBDgkNDKpthDxhb83FiyDL1WTH7N5wDW4XwuTpxKqrVtxbzcuTMnG-zCqV_Vigya0Uz9pkD1trvsxfbtZgjmYYeNGOwVYUefIyQ38T8tMu9BMugax61N5UHnhjYV7kZzlE-9Vy65iIFnTJjYd7-NGVmEhzhSzZ92NuQIA_FiT0HyVj1DPtQW7VNwLn-xhDepDuhpEZ-Mmo-_Cv7GLg67Tj_fqQBQ9CzP6ALtqQZt9vpNcKYXSjgmxFJj4dWmleuJGdIbGpWGcePyTsGetxboH1NAlmNn0dy6-W9SQ_jqGP30dLzYjlvUliGlNYc8uoPCgPaQXw8d75_1SfaSzDJNUKFCAIpF47ywDrh2S3HktR0ENdCK_Ja8ZMASBWOTgKjvilIxYel70xTtIexXj_vXtYMChhAvVn0CcGXwAzfiOAMQbSxPufoIuYPdqMxh4h_aZhXWkSncMcr_UGimJ-DDW9mnClObKu35SS_1VVDRP-g_V6VWaPhlwoBAxTfH2hIJP6dIu6dBSKDbm4f5FlFd6b=w690-h920-no

Last edited:
July 4

2.5 mile walk

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 16 kg

Another great start to my day. With tomorrow a day off for travel, I needed to get this in, and wow did it start my day off on a good foot. The walk really loosened my legs & back up, and the 16 kg kettlebell really pushed me today.

4th-of-July-Quotes.png

July 6

1.8 mile run in the morning

2 x 16kg Good Mornings
2 x Lunge Stretch
2 x Arm Bar with 12kg kettlebell
2 x Pullover with 12 kg kettlebell

T-Spine Mobility work, 2 sets

Halos 3 x 10 x 16 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 16 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 16 kg
TGU 5 x 2 x 16 kg

Great day today. The run set my day off on a good note. It also gave me more time to get my kettlebell session in before rugby practice tonight. The 16 kg kettlebell is really working for me right now. I am getting deeper in my backswing, and my get ups are getting better and sharper.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom