all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hey old friend!
just catching up on your entries and glad to see your banging away at it still!
great consistency and happy to see you are still doing S+S.
Keep up the great work!

Later man and enjoy the fine Chicago summer we are having,,,,, finally!

Thank you!

Hey old friend!
just catching up on your entries and glad to see your banging away at it still!
great consistency and happy to see you are still doing S+S.
Keep up the great work!

Later man and enjoy the fine Chicago summer we are having,,,,, finally!

June 11

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

So far, so good. Two days in a row, with minimal stiffness the next day after performing all sets with the 24 kg kettlebell. I can feel that I worked out the night before, but it is not soreness or discomfort. It is some stiffness, that regular stretching solves. Of course, focusing on recovery between sets is probably helping as well.

June 12

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

Clean & Press 3 x 1/1 x 32 kg
Bent Over Row 3 x 5/5 x 32 kg

Didn't have a lot of time to get some work in, so S&T to the rescue. I was feeling strong again tonight, so I decided to try the 32 kg kettlebell. My cleans with my strong arm were better than they have been before, even with the 28 kg. My stronger arm felt sharp and strong as well. Back to S&S tomorrow....

June 17

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Clean & Press 4 x 1/1 x 32 kg
Bent Over Row 4 x 5/5 x 32 kg

Travelled over the weekend, and forgot to grab my kettlebells. So, I ended up with some unplanned recovery days. There are worse things to have than them, so I wasn't overly upset, but I still should have remembered to grab at least one. Oh well. I had no energy tonight, it was one of those nights where just about any excuse would have stopped me from stepping on the mats to work out. Fortunately, none came around. Still, I really didn't have any energy for swings, so S&T was the choice for the evening. The 32 kg was more challenging tonight than last time, but I was still able to clean it with good form, and press it with good form as well. I felt good afterwards, but this was about all I had in me.

June 18

Summer hasn't shown up, yet......but recovery days have certainly came around all of a sudden. My son came over for our Father's Day ritual of scotch and cigars, since we were unable to do so on Sunday & Monday. We went out for dinner, then back to the house for some cornhole/bags, then a couple of indoor games. All around great night, but no kettlebells were moved, again. I will have to get back to them tomorrow night.

June 19

Mobility Work

When it rains, it pours. Cutting up cheese this evening before I started working out, and I sliced my thumb on a very sharp knife. Of course, I cut it right below the joint, so healing will take longer due to movement. I will be doing stretching and mobility work for a few days, while my thumb heals.

June 21-23

Loads of mobility work, including locomotive work, finally found a decently priced used bike, now to start using it in conjunction with my pursuit of the Simple Standard. Speaking of which, tonight I finally grab my kettlebells again. I will use the hook grip for swings, and put on a bandaid, and maybe some athletic tape, for get ups. The cut has healed, I just don't want to have to worry about splitting it open doing my get ups.

June 24

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

Back to Simple work tonight. I do find it interesting that this kettlebell just feels right. There was some rust in the beginning, but by the end, all was well.

June 25

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

I love when another round of WTH shows up. I was struggling a bit tonight, nothing bad, just grinding more than anything else. I made it through the swings, breathing heavier than yesterday, but still ok, at least to me. The first two sets of get ups were a real struggle, and I was contemplating dropping down a kettlebell. Then, I thought, one more set, then I will drop down. Nope, my last three sets of get ups were smooth, fluid, solid, and strong. I really don't get it, it was like I had just started, not almost done.

June 26

Mobility Work
Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 20 kg

Wave the load session tonight. I decided not to grind through another session, but to focus on form and lessen recovery time with a lighter kettlebell. This was a good session, one that was needed.

June 27 - Mobility Work

Didn't have time to do anything else tonight, life happened.

June 28 - Scheduled rest day

June 29
Rode for 35 minutes this morning, logged 5 miles at a decent pace for my first real ride.

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

Came in, got some water in me, and went to work. Solid session, recovery pace, I did feel the ride in my legs though. I may have to have a rest period after my ride moving forward, tomorrow morning will tell me if it is needed.

June 27 - Mobility Work

Didn't have time to do anything else tonight, life happened.

June 28 - Scheduled rest day

June 29
Rode for 35 minutes this morning, logged 5 miles at a decent pace for my first real ride.

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24 kg

Came in, got some water in me, and went to work. Solid session, recovery pace, I did feel the ride in my legs though. I may have to have a rest period after my ride moving forward, tomorrow morning will tell me if it is needed.

Road or Trails?

June 30

Rode again today, but I didn't start my tracker, so I don't know how far I went, but I did ride for about 45 minutes.

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg

Clean & Press 6 x 1/1 x 32 kg

No bent over rows today, just some presses. The ride felt great again today, and the pressing just sounded like the thing to do.

July 1

Rode again today, for about 45 minutes.

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 20 kg
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 20 kg

I am enjoying riding, it is a good form of cardio, that I can sustain for a period of time. I also wanted to continue working with my kettlebells, so I dropped back down to the 20 kg. This felt good. It will be even better if I can do this again tomorrow.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom