all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
August 7 - Day Off
August 8

AM:
Neck mobility: Yes, No, Tilts & Circles
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

1HS 2 x 16

Felt stiffness in my right trapezius muscle, I must have slept on it wrong, I tried a couple 1HS, and I had to put the kettlebell down due to pain. So, it looks like I will have a couple of days to work on my stretching.....

August 11

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

1HS 10/10 x 16, 16, 16, 16, 16
TGU 1/1 x 16, 16, 16, 16, 16

My right trap finally felt good enough to do swings. I wish I knew WTH I did to it. Regardless, back at it tonight and that felt good.

Stay safe and healthy!

Last edited:
August 12

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Bad night's sleep, followed by one long day of work left me exhausted. So, some mobility work was all I had the energy to do. Back to the kettlebells tomorrow.

Stay safe and healthy!

August 13

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

C&P 10 x 2 x 16

Reading other logs on here occasionally inspires me to try or start another program......yes I have workout ADD, oh, look a squirrel........

Seriously, though, I did the Brutally Strong plan a few weeks back. I really loved that plan, but ironically, I didn't feel like it was enough. Then, I catch up on @Strong Rick and his program.........C&P, Double Front Squats, and Double Swings? Where was this last month?!?!?!?!?!

Regardless of his lack of courtesy towards me..... ? ? ? his log has inspired me. So tonight was phase one, where I did part of my plan, to see how I feel the next day more than the session itself. I think I can add in DFSQTs without killing myself. The double swings, though, I will definitely have to try them out tomorrow night. I am thinking maybe more along the lines of 15 seconds of swinging, and 45 seconds of rest to start.......he is definitely in better shape than I am......30 minutes of jogging and all that rowing tells me that.

Stay safe and healthy!

GREAT JOB Mike!
Thanks for the kind words and I'm honored that you find my entries inspiring!
Yours does the same for me!

enjoy the swinging!!!! evil laugh.....

August 14

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Double kettlebell swings, 16/16 swing EMOM for 15 seconds, rest for 45 seconds, for 5 minutes

Damn you @Strong Rick, that evil laugh was ringing in my ears all 5 minutes......but your log has provided me additional inspiration after reading the last few entries. I am going to add squats to my C&P session.....clean, press and squat for the number of repetitions for the session, then set the kettlebell down.

August 16

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility
Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

C&P 10 x 2 x 16/16
Double Front Squats 10 x 2 x 16/16

Great session this afternoon, day one of my new program inspired by @Strong Rick.........I am going to keep it simple and light for now....

Stay safe and healthy!

August 17

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Double kettlebell swings, 16/16 swing EMOM for 15 seconds, rest for 45 seconds, for 5 minutes

So far, so good, this felt good as well.

Stay safe and healthy!

August 18

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

C&P 8 x 3/3 x 16/16
Double Front Squats 8 x 3/3 x 16/16

Good session again tonight. Workload is not too much, and no DOMS in the morning from the work done the night before from either day.

August 19

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Double kettlebell swings, 16/16 swing EMOM, 20 seconds of swings , 40 seconds of rest for 5 minutes.

Wow, 5 seconds sounds like such a short period of time.....but not when performing double swings......that was some session. I felt amazingly good a few minutes later, and for the rest of the evening. So far, so good.

Stay safe and healthy!

August 19

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

C&P 6 x 4/4 x 16/16
Double Front Squats 6 x 4/4 x 16/16

Last pressing session of the week, and so far all is going well.

Stay safe and healthy!

August 21

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Double kettlebell swings, 16/16 swing EMOM, 25 seconds of swings , 35 seconds of rest for 5 minutes.

I am so glad that tomorrow is a scheduled rest day...because this kicked my butt. I mean, it felt good, but wow......

All in all, this was a good week of training. Being the Excel geek that I am, I mapped out my schedule for the rest of the year. Assuming, of course, that I will make linear progress......If not, I can always refer back to my routine workbook and tweak it if I hit the wall. This strength training and conditioning alternating sessions seems to be just the thing so far.

August 23

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility Work

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

C&P 8 x 3/3 x 16/16
Double Front Squats 8 x 3/3 x 16/16

Week two has begun, clean, press, squat......simple movements that challenge the body.

Stay safe and healthy!

August 24

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Double kettlebell swings, 16/16 swing EMOM, 15 seconds of swings , 45 seconds of rest for 6 minutes.

Good session completed this evening...15 seconds doesn't seem like a long time......but...double swings for 15 seconds does seem longer than stretching for 15 seconds.....

August 25

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

C&P 6 x 4/4 x 16/16
Double Front Squats 6 x 4/4 x 16/16

Simple, effective movements lead to simple, effective training sessions.

August 26

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Double kettlebell swings, 16/16 swing EMOM, 20 seconds of swings , 40 seconds of rest for 6 minutes.

Strong session tonight, I found the float in almost every swing tonight. That was amazing to feel the kettlebells pause at the top of each swing.

Stay safe and healthy!

August 27

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

C&P 5 x 5/5 x 16/16
Double Front Squats 5 x 5/5 x 16/16

Steady work, solid form, great session!

Stay safe and healthy!!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom