all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
July 13

AM:
Neck mobility: Yes, No, Tilts & Circles
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20
Single Leg DL 3 x 5 x 12/12 kg

Clean and Press: 8 x 4/4 x 20 kg

The mobility work is finally feeling like it is working. I am taking my time and working each movement slower. I can really feel the additional SLDL work during my cleans & presses, as I am feeling this additional work in my glutes. That is not necessarily a bad thing.

July 14

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Walk over lunch: 30 minutes, 1.5 miles, 3,371 steps, and another mile-ish while coaching rugby practice. Evening mobility work done before heading to practice.

July 15:

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20
Clean and Press: 6 x 5/5 x 20 kg

Good session this evening, although the SLDLs felt a little wobbly.

Stay safe and healthy!

July 16 - Mobility Work and a good mile or so walking during rugby practice.
July 17

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20
Clean and Press: 5 x 6/6 x 20 kg

Last session of this program. As much as I am enjoying it daily work is more along the lines of what I am looking to do. So, tomorrow will be a day off, while I decide if the be the program will be S&S or Strength Aerobics.

July 18 - Mobility Work in the morning.
July 19 -

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 20 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 20 kg
Strength Aerobics

Clean, Press, and Squat with the 20 kg kettlebell, alternating hands every 30 seconds for 20 minutes. This sounded like the right choice, and did it ever hit the spot. I am not sure if this will be my routine, or if I should alternate with S&S.

July 20

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

1HS 10/10 x 20, 20, 20, 20, 20
TGU 1/1 x 20, 20, 20, 20, 20

That was the right choice, S&S instead of Strength Aerobics. I felt solid in both movements, but the work I have done pressing really showed in my get ups. All around good session tonight.

July 21

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility
Foam Roll

Rough day today, meetings all day left me stiff and sore. So, I literally spent 45 minutes just stretching and relaxing, with no intent of doing anything else. I went through my evening mobility work 3-4 times, and felt amazing afterwards.

Stay safe and healthy!

July 22

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

1HS 10/10 x 16, 16, 16, 16, 16
TGU 1/1 x 16, 16, 16, 16, 16

Another long day of sitting still on calls left me woefully stiff. Hips, lower back, calves all paid for the lack of movement today. So, I dropped down to the 16 kg and powered through this session. While it wasn't a thing of beauty, I got 'er done.

Stay safe & healthy!

July 22

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 24, 24, 24
Goblet Squats 24, 24, 24

Clean and Press: 5 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Compressed time between work and rugby practice, so I went with double clean and pressing with the 24 kg. Short, sweet, and challenging, perfect.

July 22

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 24, 24, 24
Goblet Squats 24, 24, 24

Clean and Press: 5 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Compressed time between work and rugby practice, so I went with double clean and pressing with the 24 kg. Short, sweet, and challenging, perfect.
how is rugby with Covid precautions?

We temperature screen everyone that attends practice, and they have to complete a form that states they haven't been in contact with someone that has diagnosed as having Covid, and that they don't have any symptoms.

We can do some drills, but not contact intensive drills, we have to use certain equipment, not all, and we have to clean that equipment before and after every practice. We remind the players to maintain 6' even while watching drills. It is like coaching a 7 v 7 football camp. No coaching or training 2/3 of the game. Rugby is passing, scrums, line outs, running, passing, playing defense, rucking.....we are practicing passing, doing conditioning, and other minor drills......still, it is better than watching baseball or sitting in the house..... ? (y) ?

how is rugby with Covid precautions?

July 27

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Took a couple of days of, and re-evaluated my plans. As much as I enjoy Soju & Tuba, as well as Brutal Strength, I have yet to successfully progress to using the 24 kg kettlebell for swings and get ups. I started using kettlebells because I hurt myself lifting free weights. I found this forum when searching for guidance using kettlebells, and I have bounced from program to program over the last year or so.

So, back to the basic program, and learn to progress. Time to dial in the focus, attend to the diet some, and start back on the road to Simple.

Stay safe and healthy!

July 28

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Lunch session today, dinner with the family tonight. I have added curls at the bottom of my Goblet Squats after reviewing my log and realizing that I haven't done them in quite some time. The plan is to stick with this as my daily routine until it is no longer a challenge. I will add walking back into the daily routine soon.

Stay safe and healthy!

July 29

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 5 x 5/5 x 20 kg

Went with a change in plan today.....just felt like it. ;) (y) :)

July 30

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Waved the load today, nothing unusual, just wanted to check my form a little, and everything looked and felt good, so back to the 20 kg tomorrow.

Stay safe and healthy!

July 31

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

The 16 kg felt so good I just stuck with it again today.

August 1 - Day off
August 2

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

I decided to stick with what is working for me right now. The 16 kg has felt like work, without feeling crushed at the end of my session.

Stay safe and healthy!

August 3

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 16, 16, 16
Goblet Squats 16, 16, 16

Clean and Press: 5 x 10/10, 8/8, 6/6, 5/5, 4/4 x 16 kg

Horrible day for motivation or energy. Crappy weather, less than ideal sleep, and long work day left me drained. I wasn't going to work out, but the kettlebells pleaded, so I caved. I was actually energized at the end of this session, oddly enough. Back at S&S tomorrow.

Stay safe and healthy!

August 4 and August 5

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Just keeping it easy for the time being.

Stay safe and healthy!

August 6

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Slow and steady wins the race. This is doing just enough for me on a regular basis. I may start adding the 20 kg in sometime soon, maybe.

Stay safe and healthy!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom