all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
June 2
AM:
Neck mobility: Yes, No, Tilts & Circles
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

Walk over lunch: 30 minutes, 1.7 miles, 3,159 steps, HR 118 avg, 160 max, good walk today. Heart rate went up when I was going uphill, of course. Other than that, great walk today in 84F/29C heat with a nice breeze off the lake to the east.

June 2

PM:
Commando Rock
90/90 Stretch
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 24,24,24
Goblet Squats 24,24,24

Clean and Press: 6 x 4/4 x 24 kg

I am starting to see why you do nothing on your off days. This was a great session, but it took a lot to get it completed. More rest between sets was a real necessity for the first time. When I was done, I was tired all over, not just in my hips, arms, shoulders, but my whole body was tired. What a great feeling. I am sure some of it is due to my walk over lunch, but this is ramping up to be quite the workout.

Stay safe and healthy!

June 3
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

Walk over lunch: 25 minutes, 1 mile, 2,352 steps, HR 117 avg, 156 max. Shorter walk today, as I went to pick up my truck after it has some brake work done. Great shop near the house, so I decided to just walk over there instead of getting a ride. The incline from my house meant that my heart rate went up when I was going uphill, of course.

Other than that, great walk today in 80F/27C weather, with a nice breeze off the lake to the east.

June 4
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Walk over lunch: 50 minutes, 2.5 miles, 5,279 steps, HR 130 avg, 160 max, good day for a stroll around the neighborhood. Heart rate went up when I was going uphill, of course. Other than that, great walk today in 81F/27C heat with a nice breeze blowing

June 4

PM:
Commando Rock
90/90 Stretch
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 24,24,24
Goblet Squats 24,24,24

Clean and Press: 5 x 5/5 x 24 kg

Wow, that was a session. I am sure that my walk took something out of me, but this was the most difficult session so far. This easily took me 45 minutes from the picking up the kettlebell for my first set of Halos to putting the kettlebell away after my last press. Next week is week three of this go around, and while I am enjoying this immensely, it is time to get back to S&S. I just feel cheated that I am not working daily. So, walks either in the morning or over lunch, and S&S nightly will be the new plan soon.

Stay safe and healthy!

Last edited:
June 5
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Walk over lunch: 50 minutes, 2.5 miles, 5,312 steps, HR 139 avg, 160 max, good day for a stroll around the neighborhood. Heart rate went up when I was going uphill, of course. Other than that, great walk today in 84F/29C heat with a nice breeze blowing

June 7

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
90/90 Stretch
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 24,24,24
Goblet Squats 24,24,24

Clean and Press: 6 x 4/4 x 24 kg

Last week of this program, and it started off well. Good, challenging session without being completely exhausting. I can say, though, that this was a lazy day, because all the sun yesterday kinda kicked my butt. :eek: ;) ?

June 8
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Walk over lunch: 35 minutes, 1.6 miles, 3,345 steps, HR 90 avg, 108 max, 78F/26C. Good day for a stroll around the neighborhood. Heart rate went up when I was going uphill, of course. Other than that, great walk today with a nice breeze blowing

June 8

PM:
Commando Rock
90/90 Stretch
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

I got down on the mat after work and just got into stretches and stayed there for a bit this evening. Just relaxing as my muscles loosened up.

Stay safe & healthy!

June 9

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
90/90 Stretch
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 24,24,24
Goblet Squats 24,24,24

Clean and Press: 5 x 5/5 x 24 kg

No walk today, I really wasn't feeling up to it today, and meetings went longer than expected. Warming up went well, but the kettlebell felt heavy. Just as before, this was tough to complete, and took everything I had to do so. I do feel a sense of accomplishment in completing this session, but it really takes a lot out of me. My next session may have to wait an additional day.

Stay safe & healthy!

June 10
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Walk over lunch: 41 minutes, 1.9 miles, 4,095 steps, HR 118 avg, 153 max, 81F/27C and humid. Good day for a stroll around the neighborhood. Heart rate was a little higher overall today due to higher humidity along with the heat. The breeze was nice when it blew, but it was muggy out there. Still, the walk was needed, so profuse sweating was to be expected. Mobility work for sure after work tonight!

Stay safe and healthy out there!

June 11
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Walk over lunch: 30 minutes, 1.5 miles, 3,196 steps, HR 103 avg, 133 max. Today was a beautiful day for a stroll around the neighborhood in 74F/23C heat, loads of sunshine, and a wonderful breeze blowing in from the south.

Stay safe and healthy!

June 11

PM:
Commando Rock
90/90 Stretch
Hamstring Stretching
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 24,24,24
Goblet Squats 24,24,24

Clean and Press: 4 x 6/6 x 24 kg

Great last session for this program. A couple days of rest and recovery, then I am back chasing the Simple standard. While I have thoroughly enjoyed this program, it is time to get back to swings and get ups.

June 12
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Walk over lunch: 40 minutes, 2.1 miles, 4,342 steps, HR 92 avg, 128 max. Today was a beautiful day for a stroll around the neighborhood in 65F/18C heat, loads of sunshine, and a wonderful breeze blowing in from the south.

Stay safe and healthy!

June 13
AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Morning walk: 40 minutes, 2.1 miles, 4,327 steps, HR 83 avg, 121 max. Today was another beautiful day for a stroll around the neighborhood in 60F/16C heat, loads of sunshine, and a wonderful, light breeze.

Stay safe & healthy!

June 14

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24

Hello S&S! I went with the 24 kg kettlebell because I was using it in my last pressing session. Recovery was the theme today, because I hadn't done swings and get ups for a while. and I wasn't going to rush anything. This felt good, and the 24 kg is just the weight for now.....patience and steady work lies ahead, and both will be needed.

Stay safe and healthy!

June 15

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Walk over lunch: 30 minutes, 1.6 miles, 3,347 steps, HR 88 avg, 120 max. Today was a beautiful day for a stroll around the neighborhood in 68F/20C heat, loads of sunshine, and a wonderful breeze blowing in from the south.

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24

Another in the list of WTH moments happened tonight. This session felt easier and stronger than the session yesterday. From start to finish, this felt better and easier.

Stay safe and healthy!

June 16

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Walk over lunch: 30 minutes, 1.5 miles, 3,284 steps, HR 99 avg, 122 max. Today was another beautiful day for a stroll around the neighborhood in 80F/27C heat, loads of sunshine, and a wonderful breeze blowing in from the west.

Stay safe and healthy!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom