all posts post new thread

The Simple Road Begins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
June 16

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Took the evening off, as I am going to ease back into S&S. Two sessions, rest, for the first week. No need to rush back in, the kettlebells are more patient than I am... ;) ?

June 17

AM:
Neck mobility: Yes, No, Tilts & Circles
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

Walk over lunch: 30 minutes, 1.6 miles, 3,275 steps, HR 92 avg, 110 max. Beautiful day for a stroll around the neighborhood in 84F/29C heat, loads of sunshine, and a light breeze blowing in from the east.

the kettlebells are more patient than I am
This is the truest thing ever written here. Kettlebells might be the most patient thing in my life period. They stay exactly where I left them with no change whatsoever. And although they always resist my efforts to swing or lift them, they always do it in exactly the same way.

June 17

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Halos 3 x 10 x 24 kg
Goblet Squats 3 x 5 x 24 kg

1HS 10 x 10 x 24
TGU 5 x 1/1 x 24

Recovery is still the focus as I ease back into S&S, and tonight it was mandatory. This took quite a bit from me to complete tonight, and I am not 100% sure as to why. It could be a couple of different things, that I will need to check on over the next few days. It still amazes me that 53 lbs can kick my butt like this, and yet give me a sense of accomplishment by using that same 53 lbs......

Stay safe & healthy!

Recovery is still the focus as I ease back into S&S, and tonight it was mandatory. This took quite a bit from me to complete tonight, and I am not 100% sure as to why. It could be a couple of different things, that I will need to check on over the next few days. It still amazes me that 53 lbs can kick my butt like this, and yet give me a sense of accomplishment by using that same 53 lbs......
I know I have been away for some time and I'm not up to date on your entries but are you having recovery issues that you never had before?

Not necessarily, but the 24 kg is making me work, not to the point of failure, but it is very challenging. Plus, I haven't done S&S for a couple of months, so I am paying attention to both my work and recovery between sets. It's like, the 24 kg is my upper limit for S&S, so I need to really work to master it. I have to respect it, as well as listen to my body, so I can eventually master this kettlebell. It is just taking time.

I know I have been away for some time and I'm not up to date on your entries but are you having recovery issues that you never had before?

June 18

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs
Lower Body Mobility: Side Bends, Pelvic Tilts, Belly Dance, Hula Hoop Hip Circles, Ankle Circles, Bowing and Squats

Walk over lunch: 30 minutes, 1.6 miles, 3,351 steps, HR 98 avg, 122 max. Beautiful day for a stroll around the neighborhood, 87F/30C heat, loads of sunshine, and a light breeze blowing in from the east.

June 18

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility
Arm Bar - 12 kg

I got down on the mat for my mobility work, and I just stayed there, stretching and relaxing. 45 minutes later, I was done. I felt really good, but I had no energy left to pick up a kettlebell. I think it is time to admit that the 24 kg is too much. So, I will drop down to the 20 kg for the majority of the sets, and build up to just the 24 kg.

June 19

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Walk over lunch: 30 minutes, 1.6 miles, 3,371 steps, HR 98 avg, 126 max. Beautiful day for a stroll around the neighborhood, 87F/30C heat, loads of sunshine, and a light breeze blowing in from the southeast.

June 20

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Ran some errands throughout the morning, played darts outside all afternoon, and just had a real great social day with friends.

June 21 - Happy belated Father's Day!

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

1HS: 20, 24, 20, 24, 20
TGU: 20, 24, 20, 24, 20

Back after the Simple standard today. This felt like the right place to start, and it felt good. Challenging, but good. The afternoon consisted of some Single Malt Scotch, some sipping rum, a good cigar and grilled steaks with grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes, and mushrooms, onions and garlic to top the steaks. Great day with my wife, my son, his wife and my grandson.

June 22

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Hamstring Stretching

1HS: 16, 16, 16, 16, 16
TGU: 16, 16, 16, 16, 16

I had no energy this afternoon. The morning was good, coffee was real good, breakfast was good. Around 11, it was almost nap time, and the rain cancelled any ideas of walking. The afternoon, was me considering going for some coffee, I was lacking energy so much. So, stretching out the hammys was all I had in me if I was going to get some work done. So, it was a lighter kettlebell and get some work done today.

June 23

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

1HS: 20, 24, 20, 24, 20
TGU: 20, 24, 20, 24, 20

Better session tonight, everything just felt good.

June 24

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Easy session tonight, and it felt good. This waving of the weight of the kettlebell is really feeling good.

June 25

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

PM:
Commando Rock
Hamstring Stretching
90/90 Stretch
T-Spine Mobility

Rough night, not great sleep, and a long day of work left me with just enough energy to work with the 16 kg again.

June 26 - No clue what the hell happened, but I tweaked my hip flexor, prompting a few days off.
July 2 - Hip is feeling better, so I went for a walk, and did something to the arch of my foot. No damn idea what happened, but no lifting for this weekend either.

June 26 - July 5

Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Minimal mobility work as I work on getting better.

Stay safe & healthy!

Last edited:
July 6

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Hip and foot feel better, but I am sure they aren't 100% yet, so I went with Brutally Strong, for a couple of weeks while I incorporate walking to see how the arch of my foot is doing. Five Finger shoes are a life saver, as the additional pressure on my arch feels soooo goood.

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20

Clean and Press: 10 x 2/2 x 20 kg

This felt pretty good, hip felt fine, and lifting in my Five Finger shoes meant my arch didn't really hurt. Walking in them tomorrow over lunch, 20 minutes or so, to see how everything feels.

Stay safe & healthy!

July 8

AM:
Wrist Circles
Shoulder Shrugs

Hip and foot feel better, but I am sure they aren't 100% yet, so I went with Brutally Strong, for a couple of weeks while I incorporate walking to see how the arch of my foot is doing. Five Finger shoes are a life saver, as the additional pressure on my arch feels soooo goood.

Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20
Single Leg DL 3 x 5 x 12/12 kg

Clean and Press: 8 x 4/4 x 20 kg

I added the SLDL’s to see how my body reacts to this additional work. It actually felt good. Tomorrow will tell if this stays in my routine.

Stay safe and healthy!!!

July 9: Mobility Work and some brief movement work at rugby practice before the downpour
July 10: Morning and evening mobility work, then
Halos 20, 20, 20
Goblet Squats 20, 20, 20
Single Leg DL 3 x 5 x 12/12 kg
Clean and Press: 6 x 5/5 x 20 kg

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom