all posts post new thread

Kettlebell The swing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Here is another helpful video where Zar Horton explains the hinge in the get up. He advocates sliding the free hand along your side.

I love this thread, so much gold!

@Bauer great video. I like how he says "own it", makes you really think about taking your time to do it right.

Would be good to see you or @Harald Motz do a super slo mo recording of a TGU to watch all the muscles firing.

On @Dan_123's request, from yesterday morning, slow-mo get-ups w/ 32kg. The video is super slow... but something about the different speed does enable the mind to see different things that aren't noticed at regular speed. Actual time is 48 sec for the right, 44 sec for the left.

Thanks as always to my training partner and cameraman @WxHerk !

Yeah! That was awesome. I learned two new things myself about where my floor hand should be at the sit up and the little hand rotation before you go back down the the elbow.

These would be great videos for beginners.

Kallos sthenos @Anna C . You look like a statue in between each position.

Somehow I really like this slo mo GU vid. It's sort of mesmerizing, especially with the sounds. And helpfup, too. Thanks!

Why do we pay so much attention to the tiny little details of swing technique? Are we trying to minimize injury, make it possible to swing a heavier bell, increase the effectiveness of a swing, minimize fatigue during a set or session and allow more swings, or doing so for other reasons?

All of the above. Learning the process of mastery is also valuable.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom