all posts post new thread

Training On Lentils

If you really want to challenge yourself GS-way you can try to do a Pentathlon. I did this once on the beginning of my strength journey (1162 points) and need to try this again soon. A lot of "fun".

If you really want to challenge yourself GS-way you can try to do a Pentathlon. I did this once on the beginning of my strength journey (1162 points) and need to try this again soon. A lot of "fun".

Thanks for the tip although I think I am not ready to face this challenge. I'd need to ease into that but it's for sure something to shoot for.

gsq: 16x5, 24x5, 32x5, 40x5
dfsq: 24sx5, 32sx5, 40sx3

Note: 40s are quite a disappointment, I wanted at least 4 reps.
I think the only cure for my piss-weak legs would be barbell back squats.

I started rolling the kettlebells up on my shoulders to mimic backsquat, so I could get more reps at higher weight (twice as many - 5 to 10).

DFSQ is a great lift, but it downgrades leg contribution for more core. On the way to that, I began alternating one KB in the rack, one rolled up onto my traps - as variations go this one feels great - good core, yet shifts some load back to the legs.

I'm not sure you need it, but if you feel like it, why not do some barbell back squats? I think they back squat is the best exercise there is. Just a single time a week done well enough should be great for you.

I started rolling the kettlebells up on my shoulders to mimic backsquat, so I could get more reps at higher weight (twice as many - 5 to 10).

DFSQ is a great lift, but it downgrades leg contribution for more core. On the way to that, I began alternating one KB in the rack, one rolled up onto my traps - as variations go this one feels great - good core, yet shifts some load back to the legs.

Good idea with the rolling the bells.

One thing I am going to try is to wrestle sandbag on the back of my shoulders. I found that squatting with sandbag on one shoulder is sheer core murder.

I'm not sure you need it, but if you feel like it, why not do some barbell back squats? I think they back squat is the best exercise there is. Just a single time a week done well enough should be great for you.

Yep, that's the question I'll have to figure out - do I really need it?

Good idea with the rolling the bells.

One thing I am going to try is to wrestle sandbag on the back of my shoulders. I found that squatting with sandbag on one shoulder is sheer core murder.

It feels dangerous actually, once the loads get into lower number of reps. Maybe if the bag were longer and the load could hang a bit front and back, but perched up is a bit intimidating for the wrong reasons.

I think that KB DFSq and BB BSq are not as similar as they seems to be. As mentioned earlier DFSq is focused more on the core and double Bulldogs squats are really hard, so don't worry if you can only do a few reps.

I dont know how much back squats would help your double front squats, but I am sure that your legs and core will be stronger when you will start working with barbell on your back. It's king of the lifts after all.

Back
Top Bottom