all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Where do you do your TGUs?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

@lais817

If there is a big Kmart nearby that would be worth a look too, they even sell cast iron and adjustable kettlebells.

I reinforce the back of the cheap puzzle mat dovetails with duct tape
Hadn't thought about Kmart, ill have a look, cheers for the tip about the duct tape too.

And I'm fine for door stops, I won't be partaking in their kettlebells!

No s***e, I use Mizuno volleyball knee pads. With these I can do them on concrete, grass , deck. I'm 265lbs and so if they get rid of my knee pain they should get rid of anyone's. Looks goofy as s***e but when you move the big bells people don't really say much

This is a very COOL QUESTION. I love to workout outside on the GRASS in the Summer. Get Ups are SO MUCH HARDER to do on uneven ground BAREFOOT. But that is just part of the fun. In the Winter I do them inside on concrete floor wearing knee pads.

I've done them just about everywhere except Turkey....

Definitely prefer horse stall mats. I also train in pants, which eliminates knee scuffing.

What thickness do you figure to need over a tile floor? In case a 24 (or..dare I dream it) a 32 goes bad?
That's a good question. If you are looking to protect tile, I'd say horse stall mats. Mine are on concrete.
One note on horse stall mats is even when I had them I still threw a Gorilla mat over them. It helped keep the Horst stall mats together. In my garage they would shift, esp with heavy swings.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom