all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Why do we do it….?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I thought of goals as Strength, but I have been a Strength Endurance guy all along. I do/did high reps, short rest, combos, complexes, circuits, supersets, do/did long workouts, hiking, Nordic Sking, ski touring, etc. I rarely go for maximal strength, or fail reps. I need to do long hours of heavy industrial work. Why only now am I realizing that? I have not had defined goals for a few years.

I am certainly trapped in the world of multitasking and multiple goals. Again.

There's no doubt that we should focus on single goals for the best effects. There is a great book "The ONE Thing" by Gary Keller that is a real eye-opener for multitaskers. I read it from time to time to get back on right track. Really recommending.

I find this an interesting question particularly as you get older. When I was using Strength to supplement sports performance things were simple. As an end in itself I find Dan John's insistence on goal setting useful. Chasing multiple goals is something I have consciously tried to avoid... At this stage GPP is probably my over riding goal most of the year. TSC will sharpen my focus over the summer..

Luckily I still have to achieve Simple, so that keeps the goal the goal. I would feel very vulnerable being out there in the open having to decide the goal by myself.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom