all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Kettlebell ICT

Hi guys, just a quick question. For the military press and the jerk, is it a straight press/jerk or is it a clean and press and a clean and jerk? I’ ve done a few of Geoffs programs and they all involved cleaning each rep so I am not sure if this program is the same? Thanks

I officially hit old. I hurt my shoulder enough I am getting an MRI and stopping exercise on it. I have some bruising on top near the joint. It hurts and is sore pretty badly, even after two alleve.

I officially hit old. I hurt my shoulder enough I am getting an MRI and stopping exercise on it. I have some bruising on top near the joint. It hurts and is sore pretty badly, even after two alleve.
Sorry to hear this.
What do you think caused this?
Were there any warnings along the way?
(Coming from a concerned also old-ish guy)

Sorry to hear this.
What do you think caused this?
Were there any warnings along the way?
(Coming from a concerned also old-ish guy)
Presses. The push presses weren't helping.

I always have warnings. That is the same shoulder I hurt the rotator cuff on 10 years ago. I rehabbed it myself using exercise and medicine. I literally could not lift my arm. It took two years to press 12kg. I was pressing 24kg at the time before the accident and getting ready to purchase a 32kg kb. I never worked past 20kg presses on that arm.

My fitness is good, in my opinion, so this is really frustrating.

@TedM

Also, I was using strict doubles for everything. I was very comfortable with double front squats and presses. I enjoy getting them from the ground to the clean position. I love the C&P doubles reps. Probably too much of a good thing.

Presses. The push presses weren't helping.

I always have warnings. That is the same shoulder I hurt the rotator cuff on 10 years ago. I rehabbed it myself using exercise and medicine. I literally could not lift my arm. It took two years to press 12kg. I was pressing 24kg at the time before the accident and getting ready to purchase a 32kg kb. I never worked past 20kg presses on that arm.

My fitness is good, in my opinion, so this is really frustrating.
You might ask @Brett Jones about using Indian clubs as a rehab tool. I've heard they are supposed to be helpful for shoulder "stuff".

You might ask @Brett Jones about using Indian clubs as a rehab tool. I've heard they are supposed to be helpful for shoulder "stuff".
Funny, I looked at those about one year to change things up. I was thinking a heavy sandbag for picking up and squats and such, not presses. My wife cannot lift things so I need to be able to lift/pick up 70lb, at least, things off the ground for her. I was think the heavy sandbag can maintain my strength.

Edit: I sent him a message a, thanks.

Last edited:
Finished week 8. Option 1, Beginner

I hope I'm gonna be surprised at my body's resilience and strength next week. But I'm not terribly optimistic.

Summary of 4 weeks:
2HSwings:
Started: 22 both segments
Finished: 28 A/ 25B
My forearms feel like the limiting factor here. Otherwise I adjusted pretty well.

PP:
Started: A: 8L/9R B: 9L/10R
Finished: A: 12L/12R. B: 12-13L/13-14R
Concerned about doing a full minute on L side next week.

ICT Option 2 Advanced
Week 7 Day 2 B
A1 & B1 12kgx2 22 reps all
A2 & B2 28kgx2
5 series of each

Getting easier... The jump in strength weights went well today. The only lift I won't keep the increase is the double press. Might try out the 15s again on the last 2 B days conditioning segment, getting ready for 1'!Screenshot_20240201-121728.png

Kettlebell ICT: Week 4 Completed

These are the kettlebell weights I used - same as last week:

Session A

A1 Snatch 12kg
A2 Press 16kg

B1 Snatch 12kg
B2 Bottoms Up Goblet Squat 16kg

Session B

A1 Push Press 16kg
A2 Bottoms Up Goblet Squat 16kg

B1 Push Press 16kg
B2 Supported Row 16kg

My conditioning continued to improve. During the last session of the week (Session B), I did not have to rest for the maximum 2 minutes. Under autoregulation guidelines I was often ready to go with 35-45 seconds still left on the timer.

For Weeks 1-3 I set the timer to 33 seconds - the extra seconds to account for set up time - counted how many reps I did until the timer rang, then did the same number of reps for every set of the conditioning exercise for the rest of the workout. I just didn't feel like changing the timer back and forth between the conditioning time and the maximum rest time.

For this week, I used the timer on all conditioning sets. This allowed me to focus more on the pacing and quality of movement. I tended to rush more when I was counting reps.

About 3lbs. of bodyweight lost so far.

Last edited:
Finished Week 5 today!

I found this week to be challenging but not impossible. I am running Option 2 with the advanced movements. I am using 20k bells for the conditioning. I am using 2x28s for the press & squats and 2x24s for the rows.

The DFSQs were my nemesis this week. For all 3 sessions, I only managed to get 4 sets of anything involving the DFSQs. So for Monday and today I got 5 sets for the sets with the presses and 4 sets with the DFSQs.

On Wednesday I got 4 sets for both B1 & B2. My lats were really feeling it during the conditioning portion.

Bring on Week 6!

So no tear. I passed the all the strength tests with no pain. He said he thinks it's a labrum tear and I have impingement on both sides.
Looks into crossover symmetry....18 months after starting with them my shoulders are balanced and injury free.

Back
Top Bottom