all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pavel Macek: "Solid: In-Between Simple & Sinister"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
@masa just follow the advice of our teachers, dial in your technique, follow the program, don't rush and thou shalt be strong!

Some useful tips. Especially the arm position in the get-up to eliminate that bruce lee foot.
I will definitely focus on that with my next session of get-ups

definitely a great article..

the punch the clock mentality and letting the volume and frequency accumulate while keeping yourself fresh are gems

You are a great inspiration and I really appreciate you taking your time to participate in these forums.

Excellent article and tips, Pavel. I am working through the ROP after finishing Simple last year, but you make me want to take a shot at Sinister after completing my 1/2 BW press....

Excellent article and tips, Pavel. I am working through the ROP after finishing Simple last year, but you make me want to take a shot at Sinister after completing my 1/2 BW press....
Now that's a good planning. Simple achieved. Then ROP to half bodyweight press and then to S&S Sinister hunting. Me likes.

@MarkSch I am glad you like it. I might do the opposite - do ROP (again). I have done 3 cycles of ROP in the past, and accomplished the 1/2 BW military press, but never tried the SSST. That might be one of the next goals. We will see, still plenty of time.

@MarkSch I am glad you like it. I might do the opposite - do ROP (again). I have done 3 cycles of ROP in the past, and accomplished the 1/2 BW military press, but never tried the SSST. That might be one of the next goals. We will see, still plenty of time.
Pavel Macek, fantastic article and a worthy addition to the already vast Strongfirst library! Thank you so much for going through the program and eloquently documenting your adventure. Much like the "other" Pavel's writings, yours is best kept handy and reviewed often as it contains a ton of detail that may not be obvious at first to hacks like myself. Thanks again on a marvelous contribution.

Agree that this is a great article and I truly learnt something from it. I've been I guess maxing out by trying to reach the 100 swings in 5 minutes as fast as possible with a 32kg bell which led to a muscle pull in my lower back earlier this week. I notice the article states this is no the objective every day which I must have misread in the S&S book that I have.

Although I do two handed swings as I find the one handed hurt my shoulder (rotator cuff) this article has led to great learning.

Thanks so much Pavel.

Agree that this is a great article and I truly learnt something from it. I've been I guess maxing out by trying to reach the 100 swings in 5 minutes as fast as possible with a 32kg bell which led to a muscle pull in my lower back earlier this week. I notice the article states this is no the objective every day which I must have misread in the S&S book that I have.

Although I do two handed swings as I find the one handed hurt my shoulder (rotator cuff) this article has led to great learning.

Thanks so much Pavel.
I made the same mistake in early September with the same 32kg weight and hurt my lower back for a few weeks.

I like how in the article Pavel states that the heavier weights determine a rather different kind of exercise from the lighter ones and this even impacts the angles at which you hold the kettlebell! To me at least, working with the 40kg bell is a whole different world from working with the 32. One simple difference is that the 32 could kill me if I misuse it but the 40 WILL kill me if I misuse it. That's a sobering thought.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom