all posts post new thread

Kettlebell S&S Timing Mod

Wave the load (some days do heavier swings and/or 2 hand swings, other days do lighter but slower groups or heavier but only up to low sweep)

Alternate training days with Brett Jones’s Mind the Gap. Doing it now as I regain my strength after being sidelined by some serious movement dysfunction. Loving how much better I move during my AM training and throughout the day

If you were unable to do S&S every day, what would you do differently?
Go to the gym and lift on the days I didn't do S&S.

But also S&S works fine doing it 3-4x a week if that's what's best for your schedule.

If you were unable to do S&S every day, what would you do differently?
I maybe should clarify: I don't mean unable in the sense of physically; rather, what if you don't have time every day? If you can only squeeze in a session every other day (AXE sounds promising)? Doing other routines on the off days is not what I'm getting at here. Any specific changes to the S&S protocol that haven't been mentioned yet?

I maybe should clarify: I don't mean unable in the sense of physically; rather, what if you don't have time every day? If you can only squeeze in a session every other day (AXE sounds promising)? Doing other routines on the off days is not what I'm getting at here. Any specific changes to the S&S protocol that haven't been mentioned yet?
As far as I understand you are running S&S three times a week. Where are you now in terms of weights and/or progression? And do you have a particular goal in mind?

Did you still do two-handed swings for respite even if you didn't do multiple days in a row?
Both one handed and two handed.

I haven’t done S&S for 2 years. I’ve started swings again and within a few sessions can swing the 36kg for low reps. Two handed only though, the one arm swings will take a bit of getting used to again. I’m not super keen for one arm though, just heavy as I can 2 hand

Don’t change anything just do it when you can. If 3 x or less just go heavy every time. Personally I don’t stress about rest times, they’ll naturally come down. So if you’re busy and don’t feel great, rest as much as you need. When you feel good, push

Reactions: Ege
I started off 5 days a week and tapered down to 4 days a week once I was using the 32k. Achieving Timeless Simple was 4 days a week. I planned on going beyond Simple and cutting down to 3-days a week, while waving the load.

As far as I understand you are running S&S three times a week. Where are you now in terms of weights and/or progression? And do you have a particular goal in mind?
LOL--I've been moving way too slowly. I had to start get-ups at 12 and progressed to 16 fairly quickly, but by normal standards I've been on 16 for get-ups and swings far too long. (I had over a year of tennis elbow plus a few life events that just got in the way of sticking with it.) Recently I started swinging the 20, and I'm in the first step (16-20-16-16-16) of transitioning the get-ups.

Not surprisingly, exercise (other than biking to work) often has to take second place to family, puppy training, fixing cars, etc. So if I am honest, I really don't have a specific goal: just to be stronger and counteract the natural atrophy of aging. But I do get excited when I notice that working with a particular bell is easier and, of course, when I can move to a heavier weight.

Being a smaller, non-athletic guy, I think where I could see the most practical benefit is moving logs and rocks (firewood and volunteer groundswork, respectively).

Reactions: Ege
If you see enjoy the benefit from S&S , I believe 3 times a week frequency is more than okay given the fact that you can’t have time to exercise more at this stage of your life. You still have a lot headroom in front of you w S&S IMHO.

It's been covered in newsletters and articles here. Anyone care to provide links? Thanks.

-S-

Can you give a nutshell difference between AXE and S&S?
"S&S is a hybrid of AXE and type IIX hypertrophy training."

Back
Top Bottom