all posts post new thread

Bret S. training log

Oh, what's causing the nausea? Burpee + PJ + P/U in the yellow range? I currently wouldn't attempt a burpee for that reason. Wish I could.
Had some long overdue dental work done on Tuesday, lots of toxins were stirred up like a wasp under a beer glass. I could feel them coming through my skin when sweating, that day was the worst one and I started to black out along with increasing nausea.. so called it right there. Every day feels a bit better but still I deal with a secondary yet related sinus infection. Slowly but slowly I'm getting better..

Last edited:
Had some long overdo dental work done on Tuesday, lots of toxins were stirred up like a wasp under a beer glass. I could feel them coming through my skin when sweating, that day was the worst one and I started to black out along with increasing nausea.. so called it right there. Every day feels a bit better but still I deal with a secondary yet related sinus infection. Slowly but slowly I'm getting better..
Glad to hear you had that taken care of. I hope that dental/sinus stuff goes away soon.

Mon 5/24

Snatch & mace
Sn L, Sn R, 20 mace 2/10's x 10 rounds (24k Sn & 22lb mace)
Sn L, Sn R, 20 mace 2/10's x 10 rounds (28k Sn & 26lb mace)

Mace
4 x 25 10/2 @ 30lb

Totals
50 Sn @24k
50 Sn @28k
100 mace @ 22lb
100 mace @ 26lb
100 mace @ 30lb
View attachment 13820
Had also in my minder to do one of these days a round of snatch (L+R) followed by a round of mace swings and keep repeating that. So wonder how this feels?

Had also in my minder to do one of these days a round of snatch (L+R) followed by a round of mace swings and keep repeating that. So wonder how this feels?
Snatch and mace go together very well, I've used this combination in the past and really enjoyed it. Give it a try, I think you'll like it. It's a good opportunity to plug in some heavier mace work as you can 'rest' while you're snatching. On the flip side mace gives you an opportunity to rest a little bit while snatching.

It's getting to the point where I need some extra weight on the mace for anterior chain stimulus, the 22 lb mace feels really good on shoulders but I'm not feeling much in the abdominal area anymore. Thing is, heavier mace work goes by a different rule set. You have to be warmed up pretty well before swinging it, and you need to be careful with technique and volume. I've been proceeding very carefully with heavier mace work and so far have avoided problems.. knock wood.

Snatch and mace go together very well, I've used this combination in the past and really enjoyed it. Give it a try, I think you'll like it. It's a good opportunity to plug in some heavier mace work as you can 'rest' while you're snatching. On the flip side mace gives you an opportunity to rest a little bit while snatching.

It's getting to the point where I need some extra weight on the mace for anterior chain stimulus, the 22 lb mace feels really good on shoulders but I'm not feeling much in the abdominal area anymore. Thing is, heavier mace work goes by a different rule set. You have to be warmed up pretty well before swinging it, and you need to be careful with technique and volume. I've been proceeding very carefully with heavier mace work and so far have avoided problems.. knock wood.
Thanks

Wed 5/26

50 rounds [A+A style]
5 count NS burpee + power jump with recovery squat + 1 pullup

First session in a week where I felt decent, these worked out to around one per minute and were low stress.

Totals
250 pushup
50 power jump
50 pullup

View attachment 13845
50 Pullups- that's some volume. I did 35 on my last birthday and had to rest two days afterwards, but it wasn't just the pullups. Great work, and admire the HR barely above a colorful dream.

50 Pullups- that's some volume. I did 35 on my last birthday and had to rest two days afterwards, but it wasn't just the pullups. Great work, and admire the HR barely above a colorful dream.
Thank you, doing pullup singles you can accumulate some good volume at a low recovery cost. I have to credit Al Ciampa for HR improvements, it's been 2-1/2 yrs on his basic program and results are very good.

Thurs 5/27

Beach run 51 mins with 2 cool dips
My tender little calfs didn't like running today after yesterday's jumps, when resuming the run after my 2nd dip the right side calf tightened up so I gaffed it. Pity.. the run was feeling good up until then. ? ?
Screenshot 2021-05-27 4.24.37 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom