all posts post new thread

Cause&Effect

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

@Harald Motz
I already know you were extremely strong, but you are also extremely supple ! You are really an impressive Strongman, in the noble sense of the word.

Do you do some kind of MA to reach this flexibility ?

If you do not already master it, the dragon pistol is also an interesting move / variation.

Congratulations again !

Kind regards,

Pierre-Michel

Thank you very much for saying so, Pierre-Michel.

I did MA (TKD) for some time when I was around 15 years. Splits especially the side splits were no problem, then. I did no flexibility work for many years, but when I do some, it comes back surprisingly easy.

Wow!
I missed the Get-up anyhow last time... that is impressive feat of strength, and ,more importantly, feat of control, balance, awareness and concentration.

Bodyweight moves are beautiful. I like the video log idea.
thank you very much.
the videos satisfy the braggart, loafer, director and the critic in me.
It is the advantage of our techy times, as it is no problem nowadays to do so. Currently I really enjoy doing this, and it makes my practice better. I lift and move some, watch me some and drink some tea after coming home from work. There are many things I discover in my videos regarding form, alignment, horrible preference of music, camera angle, setting I can learn from.

They say more than any text or numbers can describe.
definitely. It is not for show alone...but it may be the right attitude, to make a show out of it, meaning to make it beautiful and effortless. Or aesthetical.

There is a saying at SF that goes something like this: "the secret to happiness is to lift heavy stuff over the head!", so I am this evening, as I put myself over my head at a bodyweight of 85kg an anyhow of 55k+32k:

Hello,

@Harald Motz
Congratulations for you superb videos ! This is motivating to see what one can do with serious work, patience and dedication. To a certain extent, your philosophy of weightlifting is kind of martial: looking for perpetual improvement, stay humble, simply practicing and enjoying doing so.

I am pretty sure the press becomes very tough to do when you have to manage the weight already OVH !

Once again, bravo ! :)

Pet'

thanks Pierre-Michel.
simply practicing and enjoying doing so.
I am an amateur (French amateur "lover of", from Old French and ultimately from Latin amatorem nom. amator, "lover", wikipedia)

I am pretty sure the press becomes very tough to do when you have to manage the weight already OVH !
you bet. The more nerve force is spent to stabilize the heavy weight, the less you have for pressing the lighter.

Week 15 of 2017

finding enjoyment in this:

55k + 32k

2x45k

Nowadays every day is variety day, randomly acted around. I am expanding on it. A bit here, a bit there. I am very happy with my double 45k clean and front Squat. The last time I did this was over a year ago, weighing around 95kg. Now I am at 84kg.

Week No. 11 of 2017

Practicing...hack squat, zercher squat, suitcase deadlift, swing, get up, press, bent press, anyhow, bottom ups

WOW! :eek:
Ist dein linker Fuß etwas vor dem rechten? Und rechts weiter ausgedreht? Oder täuscht die Perspektive?
Is your left foot towards your right one? Right foot a bit turned out?

WOW! :eek:
Ist dein linker Fuß etwas vor dem rechten? Und rechts weiter ausgedreht? Oder täuscht die Perspektive?
Is your left foot towards your right one? Right foot a bit turned out?
Thanks elli
could be a bit of all, the surface I did the double front squat is not totally even, a slight ascent towards the bush.

"The Art of Strength" - by @Harald Motz

Thanks, Tobi. Art is a great way of looking at it, as it gives lots of space for interpretation.

According to your videos, 90 kg dfsq seems to be even harder than Zercher squat with 150 kg.
How would you compare these two?

cleaning 2x45kg is harder as deadlifting 150kg. Another aspect that makes the fsq harder is the size of the bells, as it shifts the Center of mass of the bells somewhere in front of the body, therefore I try to lift the elbows up, some kind of like lifting the elbows up as in a barbell frontsquat, to have the Center of mass as close to the body as possible. The range of motion is bigger than in the Zercher, and the Zercher engages hip and back more.

In a sum for me the 90k front squat is a bit harder than the 150k Zercher.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom