-Squat 3x6 105kg/230lbs
-Bench: 3x6 85kg/187lbs
-Pull ups: emom, until 60 reps
-Incline dumbbell bench press: emom, until 60 reps 25+25kg/55+55lbs

-Walking: 4km

Tuesday April 2, 2024
-Sprints: (emom 10''-15'' sprinting/45''-50'' recovery) 25 minutes

Something nice I just read: in the museum of olympic games there is a stone on which is written in ancient Greek: "Βύβων τ' ετέρει χερί υπέρ κεφαλάς υπερέβαλε το όφοια", which means: "the weightlifter Vyevon pressed me overhead with 1 arm".

The stone weighs 143kg/316lbs and it has 2 cuts which form a grip. What a great way to make your name remembered, millenia after your death! Vyevon, you were a beast! You still hold the World record :p

Edit: the article mentions that he was training by pressing everyday stones of 2-9kg. So, easy strength I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-04-03-18-07-12-375_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-04-03-18-07-12-375_com.android.chrome.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Monday April 3, 2024
-Deadlift 3x5 150kg/330lbs
-OHP: 4x5 55kg/121lbs
-Chin-ups: 3x5 +10kg/22lbs

Tuesday April 4, 2024
-Running: 6km

A couple of weeks ago I deadlifted 170kg for 7 reps, so 3x5 at 150kg was a piece of cake.
I will do an experiment. I will run every single morning 3km and I will do one long run (15+km) every Saturday. Maybe the high frequency running will improve my endurance faster.

Log update: Because the long cardio sessions were too taxing, the last 2 weeks I started experimenting with high frequency-low duration running. 5 days per week, 3.6 km running per day and just 1 day(Saturday) of long run. i hope that the high frequency stimulus will improve my endurance faster.

I had many thoughts of which weight training routine would be the best to complement these cardio sessions. At first, I chose to do a basic ABA-BAB 3 day per week routine with a 3x5 rep scheme.
But, on Monday morning(while running), I thought "since I do high frequency cardio, I could combine it with a high frequency-low volume weight training routine, a la "mind over muscle", or a la "easy strength".
And this is exactly what I started doing this week.

Everyday(Monday to Friday), I do 1 set of 3-6 reps for 5 exercises(squat, bench press, deadlift, pull-ups, overhead press). The intensity is 60-85%. So far, so good. I feel fresh, so, I know I can keep it up. The last 2 days I added one(third) session per day, of super light, super high reps (pump)workout. For example dumbbell bench press, 1 set of 25-30 reps with 2 15kg/33lbs dumbbells. If I start feeling tired, I will just drop entirely this session.

So, a daily routine looks like this:

06:00 am: running 3.6km
16:00 pm: weight training
19:00: 4km walking(I need to purchase a weight vest for this)
20:30: light "pump" lifting

Monday April 15, 2024

Session 1(06:00)
-Running: 3.6km

Session 2(16:30)
-Sprints: emom (15''-45'')x5
-Squat: 1x6 110kg/242lbs
-Bench: 1x6 90kg/200lbs
-Deadlift: 2x5 120kg/265lbs
-Pull-ups: 1x6
-Overhead press: 1x6 55kg/120lbs

Session 3(19:00)
-Incline dumbbell press: 1x30 15+15kg
-Bodyweight squats: 1x30
-Upright row: 1x20 15kg

First time in my life I did sprints right before squats. The squats were light, so no problem.
Work and training took me 13 hours today, but I don't complain.
I am grateful that I have a home to stay and food to eat. I am also grateful that I am capable to do the training I like.
In case that my fate is to die in ww3, at least I won't have poor conditioning to blame for it, just bad luck :p :p

I call it a day. I am driving to my parents house to have a barbecue and watch basketball with my father. Stay safe.

I am grateful that I have a home to stay and food to eat. I am also grateful that I am capable to do the training I like.
In case that my fate is to die in ww3, at least I won't have poor conditioning to blame for it, just bad luck
Here's my take on it :)
A. The Event ----> = No Control

B. My Personal Impression of said event ----> = Maybe some control in managing perspective and reexamining..?..

C. Emotional Reaction to said event ----> = Some Control

We control very little in this world, aside from ourselves I think. I try to live in the 'C' neighbothood.. it's hard to do.

Here's my take on it :)
A. The Event ----> = No Control

B. My Personal Impression of said event ----> = Maybe some control in managing perspective and reexamining..?..

C. Emotional Reaction to said event ----> = Some Control

We control very little in this world, aside from ourselves I think. I try to live in the 'C' neighbothood.. it's hard to do.
Absolutely right. We can control nothing in life. We have an illusion of continuity, but it is just that: an illusion.
In just 1 hour from now, someone's life may be(a little or totally) different, because of whatever unexpected event.
We literally live on a sphere that floats somewhere in space.

The only thing we can control is our perspective. Our emotional reaction.
I notice that it is great for my mentality and my mental well-being when I remember to be grateful for everything I have.

I take nothing for granted, and I am really grateful for so many things. I am even grateful for some bad things and I always try to be mentally strong and ready for whatever life will throw at me.

Absolutely right. We can control nothing in life. We have an illusion of continuity, but it is just that: an illusion.
In just 1 hour from now, someone's life may be(a little or totally) different, because of whatever unexpected event.
We literally live on a sphere that floats somewhere in space.

The only thing we can control is our perspective. Our emotional reaction.
I notice that it is great for my mentality and my mental well-being when I remember to be grateful for everything I have.

I take nothing for granted, and I am really grateful for so many things. I am even grateful for some bad things and I always try to be mentally strong and ready for whatever life will throw at me.
Amen brother.. living in appreciation and thankfulness is everything (y)

2 days out of training, because of a flu. Yesterday I had no symptoms, but I decided to delay the cardio for one more day and I just did some lifting. Instead of my usual 1 set of x reps at 70-85% 1rm, I decided to do an actual easy strength workout, 2 sets of 5 at 60%. but it was so smooth, that I changed it to a volume training for upper body, so:

-Squat: 2x5 95kg210lbs
-Bench: 5x5 75kg/165lbs
-Barbell row: 5x5 65kg/145lbs

Usually, when I do a 5x5 rep scheme, the weight is around 75-80% 1rm. It is the first time in my life I did a 5x5 with 60% and I have some observations:
1. Today I feel totally fresh and ready to train again(makes me wonder how much daily volume at 60% I could tolerate).
2. My muscles look and feel more full today for some reason.

This made me remember that when I had my best looking body(21 years old in college), I was training with a specific way: 5 times a week I was running 10km and immediately after I was doing 1 set of 20 reps(not to failure) for each body part. 1 set of 20 squats, 1 set of 20 bench press etc. Every day the same. I looked much much better than people who lifted more weight with more "proven" routines and rep schemes.

Of course I do not plan to lift like that ever again, my priorities are totally different than then. But it makes me wonder: what impact would have on my physique and my strength 1-2 days per week of high volume(some sets of 5 reps) at 60% of my 1rm?
The other days would of course remain 1 set of 3-6 at 70-85%.

Back
Top Bottom