all posts post new thread

5/3/1 - Back from the Dead(lift)

Tuesday

5 Rounds
A1) Power Snatch - 60 kgs x 1
A2) Dips - 26 kgs x 6
A3) Tucked FL Rows - x 8
A4) Split squat - 26 kgs x 10

This took a minute to get through. The cycle was done with minimal rest but took a good several minutes to restart each circuit.

Snatches felt groovy, I think I’m hitting my hip crease well on these, dips didn’t give too much trouble.

Knees felt better today and BSS gave no issues with the weight. Tucked front lever rows felt strong but I get cutoff from a great ROM by the bars, as I’m tucked to the max. I compensated by holding the top position and fully rounding out at the bottom.

Power Snatch

Dips

Wednesday

BW PL MEET (unofficial)

5 Round ladder
A1) OAP x 1,2,3,4,5
A2)Pull-ups - 26 kgs x 1,2,3,4,5
A3) Box Pistol - 26 kgs x 1,2,3,4,5
A4) HNR- 3,3,3,3,3

Was feeling strong. Decided to push my bw moves. A good strong day. Reached 5s in all and all were quite hard. Pull-ups and no pistols I’m most happy about. OAP not in neat form but not awful.

OAP

Pullups

Pistols to box

Wednesday

5 Round ladder
A1) OAP x 1,2,3,4,5
A2)Pull-ups - 26 kgs x 1,2,3,4,5
A3) Box Pistol - 26 kgs x 1,2,3,4,5
A4) HNR- 3,3,3,3,3

Was feeling strong. Decided to push my bw moves. A good strong day. Reached 5s in all and all were quite hard. Pull-ups and no pistols I’m most happy about. OAP not in neat form but not awful.
One of my favorite ways to train! Looking solid!

Thursday
5 rounds
A1) Muscle up x 3
A2) Push Press - 60 kgs x 3

3 rounds
B1) HSPU x 12
B2) Airborne Lunge x 10
B3) Single Arm carry - 60 kgs x 50 feet per side

A lighter session after yesterday. Got in a groove with the dynamic part and it was refreshing. Rest breaks weren’t too long. Need to use power training more often.

Second portion was just easy Teo work, except carries which were tricky with the bar. Hard to center and weights just slide right off as fatigue happens. Airborne lunges felt really solid, as did hspu

Friday

6 rounds
A1) OAC x 1 negative x 3 sets, assisted OAC x 2 x 3 sets
A2) Dead OLOAP- x 1 x 3 sets, dead OAP x 3 x 3 sets
B) OH squat - 60 kgs x 3 x 3 sets
C) Single Leg DL w/ snatch grip - 60 kgs x 5 x 2 sets

Bridges and ab work.

Actually pulled off an almost, not terrible deadstop OAOLP with my right arm. My left barely notices the rep yet with my right it’s like trying to press the world. My left arm is also coming along better on park chin negatives.

Deadstop normal OAP were okay but my right shoulder was pretty tired after the early sets of OAOLP.
I did OH squats. There’s not enough weight to do meaningful regular squats now so I have to get creative. I think oh squats will help. The torso and upper back and mobility are much more stressed than the legs. I’m f I’m going to be honest, I think those things are more limited in my squat than my leg strength. This, I think OH squats are a meaningful lift to help my squat while I can’t squat.

Snatch grip on the single leg DLs but theirs still feels light. Maybe on top of a plate next time.

Deadstop OAOLP

Deadstop OAP

Oh squat- mobility got better

Snatch Grip Single leg DL

Tuesday

A1)Floor Press 105 kgs x 3 x 2 sets, 5 x 3 sets
A2) Chin-ups- 26 kgs x 5 x 5 sets
B1) Zercher Squat - 130 kgs x 3 x 3 sets

All around strength day. Haven’t Floor Pressed in a few weeks so that was nice. I went to the old park. The weather has been beautiful lately so it was nice to get away from school work. Three days off prior so I was feeling a little laggy but found my groove.

Zercher squats done with a pause at starting position. Since I haven’t done a loaded squat in a while, I just worked on grooving the lift. Felt easy by the last set. Same with floor presses. After a period away from a lift, the sets improve as I get reps in. Solid day.

I’m thinking the three plate Zercher squat will come soon

Floor Press

Zercher squats

Wednesday

3 Rounds
A1) Single Arm OH Press - 26 kg x 8R/8L
A2) Pullups x 10
B1) BSS x 26 kgs x 10R/10L
B2) BW rows - x 15

Quick session at Luxembourg and it’s getting hot outside!!! Met my class at St. Sulpice nearby (DaVinci Code) and it was gorgeous outside. Wondering what Macron we’ll say tonight. It’ll be a dreaded shame if during this fine weather we are once again confined but que sera, sera.

Last edited:
Wednesday

3 Rounds
A1) Single Arm OH Press - 26 kg x 8R/8L
A2) Pullups x 10
B1) BSS x 26 kgs x 10R/10L
B2) BW rows - x 15

Quick session at Luxembourg and it’s getting hot outside!!! Met my class at St. Sulpice nearby (DaVinci Code) and it was Georgians outside. Wondering what Macron we’ll say tonight. It’ll be a dreaded shame if during this fine weather we are once again confined but que sera, sera.
C'est la vie mon ami!

Tuesday

All around strength day. Haven’t Floor Pressed in a few weeks so that was nice. I went to the old park. The weather has been beautiful lately so it was nice to get away from school work. Three days off prior so I was feeling a little laggy but found my groove.

Zercher squats done with a pause at starting position. Since I haven’t done a loaded squat in a while, I just worked on grooving the lift. Felt easy by the last set. Same with floor presses. After a period away from a lift, the sets improve as I get reps in. Solid day.

Floor Press

Zercher squats
Thats some serious zercher, really cool!

Thursday

DE Day

6 rounds
A1) OAS- 26 kgs x 3R/3L
A2) Plyo pushups x 3
B1) Lunge jump 3R/3L
B2) Single arm explosive row - 26 kgs x 3

This day is so rejuvenating, so necessary for my program. I always feel before approaching this workout that it’s in no way exciting because I’m not pushing myself to the limit like a max rep squat or a PR set would have me do. But once I get in the groove, a switch flips in me. The rest of my day I feel alert, ready and fresh.

Tuesday

Floor Press

Zercher squats

The Zercher squat is impressive! If 3x3 paused zercher squats felt easy for you, then, your back squat may be more than 200kg!

The Zercher squat is impressive! If 3x3 paused zercher squats felt easy for you, then, your back squat may be more than 200kg!
Ha if only! My Zercher actually seems to always just be a little ahead of my back squat, but I have the confidence that when I Zercher a certain weight, it’s coming soon in my back squat!

Friday

Strength Day
A1) Slight Incline Press - 77 x 5,8
90 kgs x 2,2,3
A2) Pullups - 26 kgs x 5 x 3 reps
B) Front squat (paused) - 105 kgs x 3 x 3

Incline reps were a bit all over, going up in reps in continuous sets. First set with 77 kgs then I found my groove and went with the heavier weights, which on the third set felt easier. Would’ve done more, but got into a groove lifting with some other fellas whom I was helping spot and with technique tips so the length of time between sets plus a preoccupied mind prevented this. Heavy pull-ups between sets.

Front squats were good. The other fellas squatted with me, so I helped spot and gave them help. Not going for prs today but since practice session and I enjoyed the barbell company.

SlightIncline press

Front squat paused. One of the fellows offered to film.

Back
Top Bottom