all posts post new thread

5/3/1 - Back from the Dead(lift)

Friday

A1) Floor Press 110 kgs x 1,1,2,1
A2) Chinups (neutral grip) - 10 x 5 sets
B) Squats - 110 kgs x 3,5, 10
C) Horizontal BW Rows- x 15 x 3

Today, a miracle happened. I found a bar...it’s quite heavy, maybe 5 ish kgs? Certainly much heavier than the other bar, longer too. Had to “Hindu pushup” under a construction fence...but we don’t talk about that.

Decided to “break in” the new bar. Weights felt extra heavy today, not just on the bar but the plates. I swear gravity is stronger here...or these plates are different. They just feel freaking heavy! Floor presses may not have been the best idea, I hit my pressing muscles hard yesterday and hit floor presses earlier this week. Nothing feels off until I pressed. Aye aye aye

Chins felt great though and tried out squats, which for not doing for a while, felt pretty solid.

Floor press grindiness

Squat not too bad

Friday

A1) Floor Press 110 kgs x 1,1,2,1
A2) Chinups (neutral grip) - 10 x 5 sets
B) Squats - 110 kgs x 3,5, 10
C) Horizontal BW Rows- x 15 x 3

Today, a miracle happened. I found a bar...it’s quite heavy, maybe 5 ish kgs? Certainly much heavier than the other bar, longer too. Had to “Hindu pushup” under a construction fence...but we don’t talk about that.

Decided to “break in” the new bar. Weights felt extra heavy today, not just on the bar but the plates. I swear gravity is stronger here...or these plates are different. They just feel freaking heavy! Floor presses may not have been the best idea, I hit my pressing muscles hard yesterday and hit floor presses earlier this week. Nothing feels off until I pressed. Aye aye aye

Chins felt great though and tried out squats, which for not doing for a while, felt pretty solid.

Floor press grindiness

Squat not too bad

I just realized you're using dip bars for a squat rack. Way to go,"Found-a-bar MacGiver"

I just realized you're using dip bars for a squat rack. Way to go,"Found-a-bar MacGiver"
Ha anyone could probably get there...if they’re searching for it. I guess it’s like the bar...my mind felt, believed!...there had to be one around.

Also, naturally the dip bars are located right where I place my hands for squats, which after unracking, I, one again naturally, move my hands back to. This makes re-tacking... tricky, sometimes painful. Still “workin out”(training?) the kinks!

Monday

Strength Circuit Ladders
(1,2,3) x 2, (1,2)
A1)OAP
A2) OAC (middle finger assist)
A3) Pistol (heel elevated)

Tuesday
A1) Jumps
A2) Front Squats - 112 kgs x 2,2,1
A3) HSPU x 5,5,5
A4) Worlds Greatest Stretch

B) Chin-ups x 10 x 3 sets

Monday felt very solid. OAP looking better, less torso twist, hips closer to even. I feel my OAP look better with an arch as opposed hollow position.

Front Squats felt like a ton...this bar, these weights..are heavier. Dunno how, they’re no doubt heavier!!

Last edited:
Wednesday

A1) Bridge Press -110 kgs x 5 x 5 sets
A2) Front Lever - x 5 sets
B1) OAS - 26 kgs x 10R/10L x 3 sets
B2) Renegade Lunge x 5R/5L x 3 sets

Need to get used to weights/bar

Thursday

3 Rounds
A1) Horizontal bw Row x 20
A2) CG FE Pushup x 15
A3) BSS - 20
Light East work

Friday

A1) Power Snatch - 60 kgs x 1 x 5 sets
A2) OAP x 3 x 5 sets
B1) Pistol x 3, 12 kgs x 3, 26 kgs x 1 x 3 sets
B2) Pull-ups x 10 x 5 sets

Good training day. Felt tired in the morning so decided to do some school work before training then got energized.

Snatches and OAP felt great. My OAP is slowly getting there but still a bit of torso lean on right arm. Really want to get my shoulders level on the ground.

Pistols strong and pull-ups really felt easy today.

Snatch

Oap

Pistol

Can’t help but wonder if my left pistol and right OAP weakness are related.

Saturday

A1) Power Pushup - 3 x 5 sets
A2) Sumo DL - 160 kgs x 3 x 5 sets
B1) Dips- 26 kgs x 6 x 3 sets
B2) Step UPS - 10R/10L x 3 sets

First time doing heavy deads with the new bar. I lugged two more 26 kg plates to the park yesterday.

Deads feel strong. I had issues centering myself with the bar, and sometimes, the weight would tilt a tad to one side. The issue with the bar is the little notches around it that are like little staples. They make you really have to grip in certain spots or they’ll tear up your hands.

I felt my back got enough work since my sumo DL is basically a conventional lift with the arms inside the legs so I wanted some more thigh work. Dips as the cherry on top.

Saturday

A1) Power Pushup - 3 x 5 sets
A2) Sumo DL - 160 kgs x 3 x 5 sets
B1) Dips- 26 kgs x 6 x 3 sets
B2) Step UPS - 10R/10L x 3 sets

First time doing heavy deads with the new bar. I lugged two more 26 kg plates to the park yesterday.

Deads feel strong. I had issues centering myself with the bar, and sometimes, the weight would tilt a tad to one side. The issue with the bar is the little notches around it that are like little staples. They make you really have to grip in certain spots or they’ll tear up your hands.

I felt my back got enough work since my sumo DL is basically a conventional lift with the arms inside the legs so I wanted some more thigh work. Dips as the cherry on top.

Maybe invest a couple bucks in a good file for those rough spots. You're making me want some of those octagon-shaped plates. Very strong work.

Monday

A1) Clean and Press - 60 kgs x 3 x 5 sets
A2) Chin-up - 26 kgs x 3 x 5 sets
B1) Leg circuit-
Pistols x 5R/5L, Renegae Lunge x 5R/5L, walking lunge x 25R/25L, BW squats x 30,
Hindu squat x 35

Tuesday
A1) Muscle-up x 3 x 5 sets
A2) OAP x 3 x 4 sets
A3) SLDL - 52 kgs x 5 x 4 sets

Heavy upper day Monday, a bit tiring. You can see once again in the video my difficulties centering the bar. Didn’t know what to do for my legs after this so did a giant set. Thought my thighs would be sore today but glad they weren’t.

OAP look better today. More equal, balanced and solid. Heavy single leg deads. I want to do two heavy leg days a week, alternating one squat and one hinge, one unilateral bw and one barbell lift. So if I squat heavy, my other lower heavy day might be single leg DL and if I do a sumo deadlift, I’ll do weighted pistol the other day, alternating squat plus hinge days. Same with pressing and pulling, yet in horizontal and vertical context.

Pulling max effort will be relegated to heavy chins/OAC practice for the vertical day, and Front Lever work for the horizontal day. I feel at this time, I need to define/refine my goals, as there seems to be much going on in my training.

Lopsided press

I dunno, these actually look pretty good to me, comparatively

Single leg RDL. Went deeper in later sets

Wednesday

A1) Single Arm Press- 26 kgs x 3 x 6 sets
A2) OAC negatives/Assisted OAC
B) In the well squat- 52 kgs x 10 x 3 sets

Thursday
A1) Jump x 5 sets
A2) Decline Press - 110 kgs x 3 x 2, 5 x 3 sets
A2) Lat stretch
B1) Single Arm Row - 26 kgs x 8 x 3 sets
B2) Loosening Deadlift - 26 kgs x 3 sets

Single arm overhead presses did nice to counter the OAC chin work. Negatives felt stronger, but I still start free falling right about a half way. Assisted reps are done grabbing a pole next to me t about chest height

Water well squats are done standing on two plates under each foot and basically a sumo dL with two plates. Good drill from PTTP PRO.

Decline press felt great. It’s a floor press with the hips slightly higher. Get a stronger pressing angle to help build floor presses. Pauses weren’t as long as I felt. Rows and loosening deads. Prep for heavy lower body barbell work tomorrow.

Decline Press

Friday
A1) Front Squat - 110 kgs x 1,2,2
B1) HSPU x 10 x 3 sets
B2) Pull-ups x 10 x 3 sets

Saturday
Front Lever practice, bw squats, pushups

Sunday Rest

Monday
A1) Press - 60 kgs x 1,3,5,3,1
A2) Chins - 26 kgs x 1,3,5,3,1
A3) SLDL - 60 kgs x 5 x 5 sets

Cane back to the park Monday and only three plates remain, a situation that left me in perturbation.

Squats still feel hard. My knees were left achey after this. Not sure why the sudden heaviness after changing parks. Like I said, the bar and plates.

Was going to do floor press and pistols but plates gone and knees just weren’t having it. Think I’ve been pushing too many knee heavy movements. Anyways, I need to alternate the patterns for heavy days and last heavy press was a horizontal one with the bar. SLDLs made the knee feel better.

I’ve lumped my heavy work all together for today. Tomorrow and the following will be medium and lighter days. Think this will keep me fresher for now.

Press 5 rep set

Chins

Back
Top Bottom