all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Curls: A Big Waste of Time?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Being deeply contrary I suppose my position on all of this is. Ha ha ha!!! I own a kb that 99% of you don’t and never will. There’s at least one bloke on here who owned this weight and he sold his, and laments it. Ice cream jelly in my belly.

Being deeply contrary I suppose my position on all of this is. Ha ha ha!!! I own a kb that 99% of you don’t and never will. There’s at least one bloke on here who owned this weight and he sold his, and laments it. Ice cream jelly in my belly.
I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people’s 24kg weight pretty close to your 25. These aren’t exactly fine tuned instruments.

I've never heard of anyone losing supination before.

Have you experienced this?
I can get my elbow extended to about 135 degrees in full supination, and then my forearms start pronating. At full extension, they are maybe 10-20 degrees away from full supination (left is worse than right). The problem is exacerbated in the overhead position, which makes chinups on a straight bar really uncomfortable on my wrists.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people’s 24kg weight pretty close to your 25. These aren’t exactly fine tuned instruments.
Behold what it looks like next to a 24kg. Behold lol

Attachments

• 323BD770-63C2-45A7-BD0D-7A3312A3DD35.jpeg
    323BD770-63C2-45A7-BD0D-7A3312A3DD35.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 20
For the most part. You start weighing fitness KBs on a scale and factoring that into your training, you’ve crossed a line.
I’m not sure what line…
When I was a barbell lifter I never, ever, factored in the bar. I’m a victim of the west of Scotland school system mate and well, the 20kg of an Oly bar always confused my simple a#@. Id say “80kg on the bar” and the oly lifters and powerlifters in my gym would always load one side of the barbell wrong and then get deeply annoyed at me. This is why I trained alone mostly. Lol

Yes, exactly -- it's based on poods (as I noted above), because that's the unit of measure that farmer's had lying around for weighing agricultural products on balance scales. And people would meet at county market faires at harvest time and do feats of strength with the weights they had lying around (presumably after drinking).

(A pood isn't even actually 16 kg. It's 16.38 kg. So 2 pood is actually closer to 33 kg)

It was archaic (and presumably annoying) enough that the USSR actually abolished it as an official unit of measure:
It was about the fact that an oddball 25 kg KB is, in on some ways, a more sensible unit increment than 24 kg, given we live most of the rest of our lives in a world using base-10 math and not base-16 math.u
Guess it never occurred to me it would be simpler to have 20 and 25kg bells vs 20 and 24s. I don't even know how much base-10 I do apart from money (is it base-10, or is it base-100? I actually am half-hourly so its more like base-11...), so adding in a base-16 as you call it just got absorbed into my base-60 (time) and my base-12 (length) and my base-... what base would cups and tablespoons be in anyways? ;)

Guess it never occurred to me it would be simpler to have 20 and 25kg bells vs 20 and 24s. I don't even know how much base-10 I do apart from money (is it base-10, or is it base-100? I actually am half-hourly so its more like base-11...), so adding in a base-16 as you call it just got absorbed into my base-60 (time) and my base-12 (length) and my base-... what base would cups and tablespoons be in anyways? ;)
The amps go up to 11 so they are louder. I have an 11 amps (25kg). I therefore own superior kettlebells. Unless someone makes a 26kg.

Kind of related, but I always find it strange that when you put an air conditioner on 24c warm, then change it to 24c cool, you can definitely feel a difference in temperature. Isn’t 24c, 24c?!??
Well, you may be "here" but there's a difference between coming and going...

Kind of related, but I always find it strange that when you put an air conditioner on 24c warm, then change it to 24c cool, you can definitely feel a difference in temperature. Isn’t 24c, 24c?!??
On cool it blows cool air to bring the room temp down... on warm it blows hot air to bring the room temp up... The temp you're setting it at triggers the start of whichever process.

On cool it blows cool air to bring the room temp down... on warm it blows hot air to bring the room temp up... The temp you're setting it at triggers the start of whichever process.
I understand that, but it always feel like a different temperature. Our crib room at work is small, and set at 24c cool, it’s nice. 24c warm, after an hour, it’s damn hot. Though, we have 6-800 degree Celsius steel going past 30m away from the crib room wall so it could be that. It’s also not insulated so 3am is very different to 3pm. Anyway, it’s a good argument to pass a quiet 12 hour shift with my work mates haha

Back
Top Bottom