all posts post new thread

Kettlebell ETK Press and snatch test ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Amey Patil

Level 2 Valued Member
Hello I have been following.the ROP program in Antony dilugio workbook for 8 weeks now (4 weeks PM and 4 weeks ROP) .. it says here to try the press and snatch test at end of 8 weeks
What exactly is the test ? I tried reading it in the ETK but I am too new to training to understand the goals ..
Can someone explain the goals to achieve during these tests ??
Or what targets should I strive for .. ?

@Amey Patil , the goals are a 1/2 bodyweight press (left and right) and 200 snatches with a 24 kg in 10 minutes.

Having said that, it most certainly isn't expected to be achieved within 4 weeks! Go ahead and test yourself and give yourself a benchmark.

In reality it took me quite a while to meet those goals. I mentioned in another thread that the 44 kg was my original 1/2 bodyweight press but I actually put on some muscle and needed a beast press for the 1/2 bodyweight.

The ROP is definitely worth the journey!

Last edited:
This is no knock to Antony Dilugio. Its been a few years since I looked at his book, but my perception is that it's not the exact programming and progression that Pavel laid out in ETK. From my memory, Dilugio made some minor embellishments and forced the ROP into a fixed schedule. It could be a pretty good program, but I'd encourage you reread the original ETK to understand the true intent of the program. Good Luck!

but I am too new to training to understand the goals ..
I didn't catch this the first time. I think that Pavel's intention was to build up some base strength (especially in the shoulders) before taking on the ROP. Program Minimum or S&S will work to do that. My advice would be to either do S&S to simple, or PM over time & gradually adding in ROP exercises before jumping into ROP. Starting ROP and doing tests so soon with pressing and snatch without having a good base in strength and technique will be detrimental. Good Luck!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom