all posts post new thread

From scratch to “Sinister”

One Leg One Arm Push Up, but am I wrong with the abbreviation? Probably?

I was doing kitchen counter top GTG one arm push ups, they became easy but the next comfortable progression that I found at home was too hard.

I decided to try one leg versions., and surprised by how hard they were but still doable. And I have decided to the one leg one arm versions as GTG. They also help my one arm push up strength. I think I will be good to go with next progression soon.

Aleks Salkin Posterior and Calf Challenges
Mobility and Ground work 25 min
Gtg hang and OLAUPU x 4

Swing Drills -15 minutes.
Original Strength Unlock Your body 25 min.
Gtg hang and OLAUPU x 3

SJ Neck 5 min.
OS Resets 3 min.
Swing Drills -10 min.
Various Crawling 30 min.
Gtg hang x 4

GTG
OLOAPU Counter top 5L/5R x 2
Dead hang 40 sec. x 2 (Hand extension w green iron grip band x 5 )

Looking solid Ege,

Thanks, indeed very encouraging to hear.

Unfortunately, my overhead mobility issue seems to improve very slowly, slower than my hip and leg mobility.

I can’t swing properly or TGU, and working on mobility with daily exercises that stays the same became very mundane and I have decided to start a program from GMB, which is called elements, I hope this will improve my mobility and I am having fun.

I am incorporating strong first principals in to this program as much as I can.

In the mean time I use GTG as a way to improve my strength on hanging and push ups.

I hope to be flexible enough to do proper swing soon.

GMB Elements 30 min.
GTG
OLOAPU Counter top 5L/5R x 3
Dead hang 40 sec. x 3 (Hand extension w green iron mind band x 5 )

My own progress with S+S this past month has definitely become more imbalanced; my TGU has progressed this week, so that 60% is completed with the 32kg (2 x 24kg, 3 x 32kg), takes about 15 minutes to complete 10 TGU this way, but my one arm swing with 32kg has stalled at 40% (2 x 24kg, 2 x 32kg (just), 1 x 24kg). I'm not sure if my form is out or I just don't have enough 'core strength' yet. I'm going to try easing up on my warm up, so using 16kg for halos instead of the 20kg, and using the 20kg for PGS with curls instead of the 24kg. I don't do any other exercise program on top of S+S, but I always finish my practice with three sets of close grip chin-ups or pull-ups, plus 1 x dead hang or hanging L-sit, like you for around 40-sec.

I have read comments from others that the added weight has helped improve their form on the TGU and I've found this to be true for me also, but I've found the opposite to be true on the swing; when I'm swing the 32kg it feels like a battle to get to ten swings before all systems fail!

You might back off or slow down. You are already doing very well, instead of hitting Simple in September, you can hit it next year. A possible injury might set you back even more. When it is a battle you should break down your 10’s according to book as far as I remember . Feeling a one hand swing as a battle is not sth you would want in my opinion.

Hope best to you.

Mourning Routine:
SJ 5 min.
Walk 25 min.

GTG Hang play 40 sec + Hand Extension w green bands x 5
OLOAPU Counter top 5L/5R x 3
OAPU 60 cm (24 inch) 3L/3R x 1
(24 inch one arm is quite challenging, but the progression through GTG is very encouraging, two months ago, 24 inch seemed impossible)

Tomorrow I need to decrease the rep count for OAPU to two for 24 years inches or even to singles.

GMB Elements 45 min.
SLDL 2 x 5

Last edited:
08/03/2022
Walk 25 min
08/04/2022
GTG numbers To be updated eod.
GTG Hang play 40 sec + Hand Extension w green bands x 1
OLOAPU Counter top 5L/5R x 1

GMB Elements 45 min.

BW SLDL 2x 5
Hang 45 sec. 70 sec. 30 sec. (Index finger up, down)

Tested kind of max without failure w hang. Doubled the hang time w GTG in a month.

GTG will be my strength program while working on mobility w GMB elements and this can be a long journey.

GMB Respiration 5 min.
GMB Elements 45 min.
Swim 20 min.

Back
Top Bottom