all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Geoff Neupert P3 protocol

I struggled with neck fatigue as well.

I just did how ever many reps of nods and rotations that I could, and did not force myself into failure or anything like that.

I didn't pay attention to how many weeks had elapsed since I started P3 training, but eventually the day came that I did 20 nods and 20 rotations comfortably - no soreness or anything.

I struggled with neck fatigue as well.

I just did how ever many reps of nods and rotations that I could, and did not force myself into failure or anything like that.

I didn't pay attention to how many weeks had elapsed since I started P3 training, but eventually the day came that I did 20 nods and 20 rotations comfortably - no soreness or anything.

Yeah, I am trying to ignore the progressions and just think of it as a daily health routine like brushing my teeth as Geoff says.

I tweaked my back a month ago doing seated row. Luckily the pain subsided after a week, otherwise, I would have done my due diligence and went to physical therapy.

Once I overcame the fear of squatting down and lying down (the getting up from lying down was the painful part) P3 took over from cat-cow and press-into-backbend as my back rehab routine. Worked up to 30-rep sets of dead bug for good measure.

Think I saw a note in the manual or a mention in one of the videos regarding a tip for breathing whilst doing the deadbugs but cannot find it.

Anybody give me a hint where to look ? Might have been somewhere in this thread.

Might not be important if the following is correct ........ Is it as simple as breathe out on the lowering and breath in on the raising or were there more detailed instructions.

Last edited:
Think I saw a note in the manual or a mention in one of the videos regarding a tip for breathing whilst doing the deadbugs but cannot find it.

Anybody give me a hint where to look ? Might have been somewhere in this thread.

Might not be important if the following is correct ........ Is it as simple as breathe out on the lowering and breath in on the raising or were there more detailed instructions.
I believe he says to take a slight sniff in at the top before lowering your arm/leg. Pretty sure it’s in the phase 1 videos he discusses it.

Neck cracking

Is increased neck cracking a good sign in P3 phase 1 for those who find the head nods surprisingly challenging? I have read that gentle cracking of joints is not a problem if there is no pain and may help with mobility and relieve tenseness. but should not be done too frequently as it could contribute to arthritis.

I seem to be able to crack my neck more after foam rolling or even just gentle stretching like leaning back. It feels good. Hoping it is indicative of greater neck mobility.

Anyone else notice this from P3 phrase 1, level 1? I figure those onto phase 2 have established improved head control.

Also, front to back nods much more difficult than side to side nods. This seems to indicate forward head posture I assume or is it just normal?

Neck cracking

Is increased neck cracking a good sign in P3 phase 1 for those who find the head nods surprisingly challenging? I have read that gentle cracking of joints is not a problem if there is no pain and may help with mobility and relieve tenseness. but should not be done too frequently as it could contribute to arthritis.

I seem to be able to crack my neck more after foam rolling or even just gentle stretching like leaning back. It feels good. Hoping it is indicative of greater neck mobility.

Anyone else notice this from P3 phrase 1, level 1? I figure those onto phase 2 have established improved head control.

Also, front to back nods much more difficult than side to side nods. This seems to indicate forward head posture I assume or is it just normal?
I have a bit of cracking too, especially during head nods. Not sure what to think of it.

Sorry if this already has been asked before, but am I supposed to reach 30 reps on the highest level of each position, apart from side lying, before moving to phase 2?

Sorry if this already has been asked before, but am I supposed to reach 30 reps on the highest level of each position, apart from side lying, before moving to phase 2?

That is my understanding, except the Egg Roll and Half Upper Body Roll - you only need to get to 15 reps per side on those.

I am finally closing in on advancing to Level 3 of Side Lying. I'm doing 30 reps each of the head nod and the side-to-side neck rotation in Level 2. 25 breaths is my current limit for diaphragmatic breathing.

Decoupling my breathing from the neck movements has helped. I tired more quickly when I breathed on every rotation.

I do 30 reps for everything for simplicity sake and I enjoy the rolls and they feel good! Geoff mentions you can do this in the program.
That is my understanding, except the Egg Roll and Half Upper Body Roll - you only need to get to 15 reps per side on those.

I am finally closing in on advancing to Level 3 of Side Lying. I'm doing 30 reps each of the head nod and the side-to-side neck rotation in Level 2. 25 breaths is my current limit for diaphragmatic breathing.

Decoupling my breathing from the neck movements has helped. I tired more quickly when I breathed on every rotation.

Persevere with the side lying! For me it was the most challenging position in the whole program and took me a long time to hit the goals! Definitely worth it though!

Back
Top Bottom