all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

Yup...take liberal rests! But you'll be surprised at how the groundwork of the 1.0 and 2.0 has built you up!

But it will suck!! ?
Oh, by the way. I'm already starting to psyche myself up. I usually start that ~5 minutes before my first set. Today.....18~19 hours!!

???????

Thanks for talking me onto the ledge, @John Grahill!! This is one heck of a program!!

As promised, here's my summary for Giant 1.0.

30 minute sessions
First week with 20 Kg + 24 Kg , next three with 2x24Kg
My total reps were always 90ish-110 for a session. This seems high, but I don't have good 28 Kg pairs for another 10RM test.
I did try to increase as directed. Didn't always make it on the high-rep days, but I finished strong.
Weekly overall improvements varied from 3% to 13 % . This is somewhat thrown off, as I missed two days, both light ones as it happens. Projected, the overall increase in weight lifted from week 1 to week 4 was 9% .

What's really interesting is, even with 2 missing days, I lifted 53.4 tons (48.5 K Kg) in four weeks. Jeepers.

Results:
2x24 C&P feels pretty dialed in .
Front of hips and hip flexors are really feeling it--lots of stretching, goblet squats and brisk walking on off days helps.
I felt challenged but not over-worked through the month. I did try not to be heroic, leaving a set in the tank when in doubt. Nearly every. single. rep. was with good form.
Lost perhaps 1-2 pounds. I have some COVID + holiday weight to lose, but did not drastically reduce or change food over the 4 weeks.
Not much visible physical change, but that is normal with me. Shoulders. back. and chest feel strong and firm.

I have a week off for vacation ( I have both Moderna shots + 2 weeks, hooray!) I am looking forward to the Giant 1.1 when I return.
Thanks for a great program, @Geoff Neupert !

Can someone clarify the following. In what format are ladders meant to be done in Giant 2.0? For example, 3,4,5: clean and press three times, put the bells down for a few seconds, pick up and clean and press again for four reps etc.? Or is it one clean and three presses, one clean and four presses etc.? With the single kettlebell - C&P three times, switch sides and C&P three times, switch to the same side and repeat four times? Or clean once and press three times?

Can someone clarify the following. In what format are ladders meant to be done in Giant 2.0? For example, 3,4,5: clean and press three times, put the bells down for a few seconds, pick up and clean and press again for four reps etc.? Or is it one clean and three presses, one clean and four presses etc.? With the single kettlebell - C&P three times, switch sides and C&P three times, switch to the same side and repeat four times? Or clean once and press three times?
The protocols are for a clean before each press.

You guys are right for sure. The higher rep sets zap you and just adding 1 rep from say 6 to 7 is a lot tougher than it sounds!

Whoa!!! Today was my first 7 rep day of 1.1. An enormous difference!! Felt fine training and 7 reps were not a problem. First time I’ve done 7 rep sets w/ double 32kg bells. I managed 12 sets in 28:30. Played around with rest and got a superb feeling for different rest schemes.

Sometime this afternoon my legs started feeling as if I’d had a tough squat session!! This is something I’ve never before felt from the Clean & Press!! My legs are all stove up; I’m anxious to see if this goes away in the next couple weeks and if it happens again with 1.2’s 8 rep day.

Whoa!!! Today was my first 7 rep day of 1.1. An enormous difference!! Felt fine training and 7 reps were not a problem. First time I’ve done 7 rep sets w/ double 32kg bells. I managed 12 sets in 28:30. Played around with rest and got a superb feeling for different rest schemes.

Sometime this afternoon my legs started feeling as if I’d had a tough squat session!! This is something I’ve never before felt from the Clean & Press!! My legs are all stove up; I’m anxious to see if this goes away in the next couple weeks and if it happens again with 1.2’s 8 rep day.
Great job Mate!
That is very strong!

Just a little reminder. You do not have to wait till g1.2. Your next session is 8's?. Make sure you recover on time??

That's awesome! Thank you for this post! I have had a tough week personally and I'm in need of some motivation for my training today which you just provided! Yes, I too have felt soreness in my legs/calves from doing the c+p. It really does a great job of trashing the whole body! Throw in a higher rep range and you'll find it crushes you inside and out.
Looks like the Giant certainly has delivered for you too and it's more proof positive of the program's effectiveness. In my case I have been stressed quite often with elder care of a 91 year old throughout my runs through it and you've gone through a move! For a program to deliver during times like these says something in my book! Geoff's programming has always worked for me done as written and this is one is no exception!

Back
Top Bottom