all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

My giant journey is on hold at the moment.
I was doing giant 1.2 & was half way through.
I have taken a week off due to a scare I had rhabdomyolysis & am trying to get a doctor to run some tests before I continue training.

When I do I think I will restart giant 1.2 from the beginning.
Can you elaborate? What were your symptoms?

Ive just done week 2 day 2 of 3.0, 57 reps in 27.30
what ive noticed is if i beat the previous week i stop the clock, 26, 27 or 28mins normally.

I only let myself beat it buy 1 or 2 more rounds, does anyone else do that? Should i beat it by as many as possible and go untill the 30mins?

what ive noticed is if i beat the previous week i stop the clock, 26, 27 or 28mins normally.

I only let myself beat it buy 1 or 2 more rounds, does anyone else do that? Should i beat it by as many as possible and go untill the 30mins?
It kind of worked out this time around to be just one extra round each week. I generally then stopped the clock because I knew I wouldn't do justice to more work.

Yeah, monday, sets of 2s i done one extra round than the week before, today sets of 3 i done 2 extra sets of 3s than the week before
Both times stopping early even though i could have done 1 or 2 more rounds within the 30mins, i want to take it slow and steady so anything better than the week before is a bonus!

Can you elaborate? What were your symptoms?
Pretty much peed coca cola.

Happened a few days apart & came & went suddenly.

Could likely be kidney stones according to doc but for the sake of playing it safe I took a week off & consulted a few doctors.

First session back today.

I'm going to run giant 1.2 as 20 mins sets & take it easy & focus on quality over quantity.

The "intensity" of 9,7,8 rep sets can do the work to force adaptation.

Rhabdo is one of those conditions that have to be excluded. I also once had a little panic attack after eating a lot of beetroot the day before.

Off topic and God bless Coach Neupert, but I personally am not a huge fan of "as many as possible" format. It got me injured more times than I can remember. I prefer setting a volume goal (n sets of x reps) and start low. Once I hit the goal increase the weight.

Pretty much peed coca cola.

Happened a few days apart & came & went suddenly.

Could likely be kidney stones according to doc but for the sake of playing it safe I took a week off & consulted a few doctors.

First session back today.

I'm going to run giant 1.2 as 20 mins sets & take it easy & focus on quality over quantity.

The "intensity" of 9,7,8 rep sets can do the work to force adaptation.
What was your workout effort like leading up to those sessions?

I only let myself beat it buy 1 or 2 more rounds, does anyone else do that? Should i beat it by as many as possible and go untill the 30mins

Rhabdo is one of those conditions that have to be excluded. I also once had a little panic attack after eating a lot of beetroot the day before.

Off topic and God bless Coach Neupert, but I personally am not a huge fan of "as many as possible" format. It got me injured more times than I can remember. I prefer setting a volume goal (n sets of x reps) and start low. Once I hit the goal increase the weight.

In the instructions, it is clear that it must be in good form and there is a time limit on it. These factors put limits on it. It is not a crossfit type approach to beat the clock.

Back
Top Bottom