all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Giant 1.0"

Two cycles of 3.0 turned my 1RM into an 8RM.... in only 8 weeks!

Safe to say my 1RM went up too :)
Sorry did you mean your 5RM? I’m doing 3.0 with two 24s to increase it! Thinking of doing it with my 28s after which is 8 weeks of giant 3.0. By then hoping my 5rm will have increased enough to do 1.0 and 2.0!

Sorry did you mean your 5RM? I’m doing 3.0 with two 24s to increase it! Thinking of doing it with my 28s after which is 8 weeks of giant 3.0. By then hoping my 5rm will have increased enough to do 1.0 and 2.0!
Nope! I meant my ONE rep max.

I ran my first cycle of 3.0 with push press, which took my strict press from one to four. I then ran my second cycle with strict press and my 4RM became an 8RM

I ran my first cycle of 3.0 with push press, which took my strict press from one to four. I then ran my second cycle with strict press and my 4RM became an 8RM
That's awesome work Dayz!
Deloading 1.2 this week. Did the 9 day today. 8 sets in 20 minutes. Glad to stop at the 20 minute mark. Looking forward to 1.0.
Dude, 9 rep days just plain, well you know firsthand!

Over the past couple of monthsI lost my endurance with 36's. I can still get like 5 or 6 and a couple more which are sloppy and not "proper" enough to count. They say if you don't use it you lose it.....

I started the 3.0 on Monday with the 36's. Did 2 weeks of playing with the 32s and really "missed" the 36s! Goal is getting them back to a 10 RM and going from there! I only made it through the 1.1 with the 36s last time so this time I'd like to eventually finish the 1.2! My "other" potential goal would be finish both phases 2 and 3 of Strong with them. I never completed phase 3 with them previously. (Maybe 10x10 with them down the road??)..... I'll worry about it after they become a 10RM again! I'm "enjoying" this new beginning!

That's awesome work Dayz!

Dude, 9 rep days just plain, well you know firsthand!

Over the past couple of monthsI lost my endurance with 36's. I can still get like 5 or 6 and a couple more which are sloppy and not "proper" enough to count. They say if you don't use it you lose it.....

I started the 3.0 on Monday with the 36's. Did 2 weeks of playing with the 32s and really "missed" the 36s! Goal is getting them back to a 10 RM and going from there! I only made it through the 1.1 with the 36s last time so this time I'd like to eventually finish the 1.2! My "other" potential goal would be finish both phases 2 and 3 of Strong with them. I never completed phase 3 with them previously. (Maybe 10x10 with them down the road??)..... I'll worry about it after they become a 10RM again! I'm "enjoying" this new beginning!
Went golfing with my buddy in Northeast CT on Sunday. He was gushing about the Giant. He said to me, "I remember that video of you pressing the 32's. (I think I did 7 strict on 1 clean and just missed the 8th)." Now I'm hoping to get through 1.0 with 55's. You're right, don't use it you lose it!

Long term goal 3.0 with 32's.

Went golfing with my buddy in Northeast CT on Sunday. He was gushing about the Giant. He said to me, "I remember that video of you pressing the 32's. (I think I did 7 strict on 1 clean and just missed the 8th)." Now I'm hoping to get through 1.0 with 55's. You're right, don't use it you lose it!

Long term goal 3.0 with 32's.
I certainly have faith you'll do it and do it well! I'll be rooting for ya, remember you as a Sox fan and me being a Mets fan....we share a common "enemy"!

I think I'll follow your example. I have one more (deload) week with 1.1. I intend to increase my MAF running frequency to 5-6 days a week, and I suspect that along with the Giant 1.2 would not allow me to maintain good recovery rate. I suspect my next weight is now my 4RM, so I'll just use it for a 3.0 cycle next and throw in push presses when needed.

Anyone here got experience moving up by 8kg jumps in The GIANT?

I currently own some 24s and want to run through Jerk, Push press, Press then hammer the C+P only until I can do 1.2 with it.

At that point what have people done to move to double 32s or is it simply not possible?

Anyone here got experience moving up by 8kg jumps in The GIANT?

I currently own some 24s and want to run through Jerk, Push press, Press then hammer the C+P only until I can do 1.2 with it.

At that point what have people done to move to double 32s or is it simply not possible?
I think anything is possible but that's a pretty big jump. If you're talking about going from the 24s to the 32s in the 3.0, then maybe. My thinking is it would be really tough to go to the 1 series with 32s after the 1 series with 24s. Remember the 1 series is a 10 RM.

You may be better served getting a pair of 28s??

Has anyone had just as much success using only 20min sessions?
Thinking of doing a 4 week run of 1.0 with double 16kgs, 20min

I done 1.0 sets of 5s this morning for 20 mins just as a random workout
I am in the 3.0 now doing 30 minute sessions but at this point my plan once I start the 1 series again is to try Geoff's suggestion of week 1 20 minutes, week 2 25 minutes, week 3 30 minutes and week 4 25 minutes. Thinking either peaking in week three like I had been doing or peaking I week 4.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has done strictly 20 minutes sessions and their results.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has done strictly 20 minutes sessions and their results.
Im interested too!

My next giant run will be 20min sessions i think, 30mins tired me out last time.

Im also not going to log anything next time so im not constantly trying to beat the previous workout and just let the magic happen over time testing RM every couple months or so

Im also not going to log anything next time so im not constantly trying to beat the previous workout and just let the magic happen over time testing RM every couple months or so
Ya know, that's why I'm considering the 20/25/30/25 set up with week 4 as a "peak".......it got quite "intimidating" if you will trying to advance each week as the weight got heavier. This way, volume increases should be more manageable?? I'll hammer away in week 4 then ease into the next protocol.

Time will tell!

I think anything is possible but that's a pretty big jump. If you're talking about going from the 24s to the 32s in the 3.0, then maybe. My thinking is it would be really tough to go to the 1 series with 32s after the 1 series with 24s. Remember the 1 series is a 10 RM.

You may be better served getting a pair of 28s??
I mean go from 1.2 Clean + Press with the 24s to 3.0 Clean + Jerk with the 32s. Anyone done this?

Last edited:
I mean go from 1.2 Clean + Press with the 24s to 3.0 Clean + Jerk with the 32s. Anyone done this?
You certainly may be able to do that but what I have noticed is that despite the fact that last October my 32s were the same rep max that my 36s were at the end of January progression with the 36s was nowhere near what is was with 32s. The first really eye-opening jump in weight for most of us was from 24s to 32s!

Having said all that, give it a shot!

Last edited:
Im interested too!

My next giant run will be 20min sessions i think, 30mins tired me out last time.

It's funny how everyone view the magic different. For me, it's the improvement in the number of sets. For others, it's all about the RM. I know this, I did a 5 mile run on the treadmill posts 20 minute deload workout with 7 reps and I had my fastest run in 10 years. And I run twice a week tops.

Having run 1.2 for 30 minutes, I don't think it is necessary. I said this before, blowing past 100 reps isn't going to make you better in the clean and press. I've done it and luckily lived to tell about it. It's overkill. Did 112 with the 8's and thought, "what am I doing?" 70-81 is a good sweet spot or 9-10 sets in 20 minutes.

With 1.0 and 3.0, run it for 30 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom