Grip Strenght Question

Discussion in 'Bodyweight' started by workout union, Aug 10, 2018 at 3:05 PM.

1. workout union

workout union Double-Digit Post Count

Hey there,
    I will left here a video of the exercises that I normaly do for grip strenght, but I was hoping for some different exercises that you use or have seen, that aren't in the video. Anyone?

Marc likes this.
  2. North Coast Miller

North Coast Miller Strong, Powerful Member of the Forum

I've gotten good results doing double stick drills with short lengths of black pipe.

Doing my cantilever load exercises (link below) really pounded my grip in ways it hasn't seen before - actually had to switch to a smaller diameter pole after a few, as grip had become a limiting factor and I could feel some old tendonitis acting up.

Even with a smaller diameter pole the grip gets a serious workout same time as the rest, and from a variety of angles.

Kettlebell Hobo Bundle

Kettlebell Hobo Bundle

The loaded dowel & cord is a classic!

3. kennycro@@aol.com

kennycro@@aol.com Helping Make Others Stronger

Different Kind of Grip Strength

Below is information on the...

The 3 Types of Grip and the 8 Ways to Train Them

Types of Grip Training and When to Use Them
    Grip training goes well beyond squeezing grippers or stress balls. After all, there’s more than one kind of grip strength:
    • The Crush Grip is the grip between your fingers and your palm—the one you use for shaking hands and crumpling beer cans.
    • The Pinch Grip is the grip between your fingers and your thumb. This can be further subcategorized into individual fingers + thumb grip.
    • The Support Grip is the ability to maintain a hold on something for a while—think pull ups or long and productive shopping trips.
    The type of grip training you do depends completely on its applicability to what you want to accomplish.

Kenny Croxdale

Carl in Dover and Marc like this.
  4. workout union

Great exercises and advice! Thanks for adding something new! I have to try!

5. workout union

Yes! Good post! I use some of those sometimes, but don't have much equipment :)

6. the hansenator

the hansenator Helping Make Others Stronger

I like the Thor's Hammer exercise. Not sure if it actually improves performance in anything but I had a pain in my left wrist that went away when I started doing it.