all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Grip Strength: How do I Fix Uneven Progress?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Work6RestOn7

First Post
Good morning!

This morning, I tested my max reps for both my right and left hand on the CoC #0.5. While my right hand had progressed from 8 to 15 reps over a couple of weeks, my left hand hadn’t progressed at all- it was still at 2 reps-and-almost-closing 3. Very grateful for the right-handed improvement, but how should I catch my left hand up?

Thanks!

Well… it’s completely natural to have some discrepancy between left and right, but between 15 and 2 does seem a lot.
Besides grippers do you do any other grip training?

Good morning!

This morning, I tested my max reps for both my right and left hand on the CoC #0.5. While my right hand had progressed from 8 to 15 reps over a couple of weeks, my left hand hadn’t progressed at all- it was still at 2 reps-and-almost-closing 3. Very grateful for the right-handed improvement, but how should I catch my left hand up?

Thanks!
Have you tested your grip in something other than a crush grip? What about a support grip exercise such as a bar hang or farmer’s carry? If yes, does the the left grip give out way before or just before the right or for any other bi-lateral pull such as pull ups for that matter?

I use Coc myself. I’ve still to close my number 2 but I’ve closed my 1.5 for reps. Don’t limit yourself to training with the CoC. Use stress balls for reps and the thing that really brought my reps up was using climbing implements such as finger holds, balls, cylinders, pinch hubs that you can buy from Amazon. They come with paracord attached and you can either hang them from a chin up bar or loop them around a kettlebell handle and do deadlifts. As has been said a discrepancy is entirely natural however.

Reactions: T T
Have you only been training a couple weeks? If so, I would not be concerned. Stop testing your max so often. Start your sets w. your weak hand, and then do the same number w. your strong. Add reps/volume over time.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom