all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Iron Cardio

I've just started iron cardio. The structure/intuition compromise is really great !
Mixing with Q&D 044 would be perfect for my goals. I've seen that some of you have done it. Would 3 days of iron cardio and 2 days of Q&D be too much for shoulders? Is it better to alternate 2 days/2 days? (but wouldn't this limit the benefits in terms of press gains?)

I've just started iron cardio. The structure/intuition compromise is really great !
Mixing with Q&D 044 would be perfect for my goals. I've seen that some of you have done it. Would 3 days of iron cardio and 2 days of Q&D be too much for shoulders? Is it better to alternate 2 days/2 days? (but wouldn't this limit the benefits in terms of press gains?)
What weight are you using for iron cardio and for Q and D??

Bought IC. I’m just at the start of Strong phase 3, looking to try IC as an extra conditioning day. Possibly as my Wednesday session if my elbows get too cranky from lots of dbl C&P ( it happens now and then ) Eventually want to do it more, but for now I’ll try it out.

I like the idea of a clean/press/squat, and also just something I can set a timer and go at a steady pace.

Bought IC. I’m just at the start of Strong phase 3, looking to try IC as an extra conditioning day. Possibly as my Wednesday session if my elbows get too cranky from lots of dbl C&P ( it happens now and then ) Eventually want to do it more, but for now I’ll try it out.

I like the idea of a clean/press/squat, and also just something I can set a timer and go at a steady pace.
Why do you add something to a taxing program like KB Strong!?

I'm guessing you're goal is to press a heavier bell?

I'm not familiar with Strong phase 3 but if as Xene pointed out it is already a good volume of pressing you might be better of with a day of swings for conditioning instead of IC.
Start IC after you finish Strong.

Hey guys, at this point I plan once a week IC. KB strong is quite intense, I sometimes have to drop to twice a week, usually if my elbow complains. Also like to do some kind of squatting, ironically my bad knee feels better when I’m squatting regularly.

I was thinking of IC during the times I have to drop to twice a week. So, Monday strong, Wednesday IC, Friday strong. My thinking is dropping to one bell will be easier to recover from. When I’m feeling good, I’ll just do strong 3x a week.

Much appreciate the advice. I did 20 mins this morning with a 28. I enjoyed it a lot.

I will reconsider adding it though. Will definitely give at a go as primary program at some point.

I purchased IC a while ago, but didn't really spend any time with it. A couple of weeks ago, I injured my elbow badly, so I'm in a cast for several weeks, and potentially several months. I've been using IC just on my non-injured arm/side. It's been a great way to keep some level of fitness while I recover. I might look a little lopsided when it's over, but it's the best I can do right now.

I purchased IC a while ago, but didn't really spend any time with it. A couple of weeks ago, I injured my elbow badly, so I'm in a cast for several weeks, and potentially several months. I've been using IC just on my non-injured arm/side. It's been a great way to keep some level of fitness while I recover. I might look a little lopsided when it's over, but it's the best I can do right now.
Wishing you a speedy recovery and training the uninvolved side will have some carryover to the involved side.
Follow your Dr's recommendations.

I maybe want to have a second go at the SGF 2 in november, is the IC program a good set up for weekend, snatch test and 1/2 bodyweight press?

I maybe want to have a second go at the SGF 2 in november, is the IC program a good set up for weekend, snatch test and 1/2 bodyweight press?
It can be.

IC press focus days (MP rep ladder, Alternating weight, etc.)
IC Level II days (outlined in the book)
Separate Snatch days starting with Timeless work with the snatch test size KB and Heavier 5 OTM work on another day
Swing day (32-36kg if 24kg snatch test bell) Timeless ( 10 x 10)

If I do IC with push press, should I use push press 5-6RM bell or press 5-6RM bell? Just wanted to make sure..
If you are using the Push-press you can go heavier with a 5-6RMpush-press bell but watch the loading on the eccentric, efficiency of the clean and maintaining the rack position on the squat.

For the half bodyweight press.. it can be especially if your IC bell is 1-2 sizes down your target press bell..

For the snatch test though, I would use something different as you need to build some peaking for it's glycolytic nature..

For further context: what is your current IC bell (or bell sizes) and your target SFGII press bell??

Back
Top Bottom