all posts post new thread

Keep moving

You're putting in some nice work! Doubles on presses? Or do you repeat on both sides?
I do single work. Somehow my body seems to handle/ like that better. Once in a while I do use doubles.

Should also add mace swings again, like your routine also. Thanks for your compliment.

I do single work. Somehow my body seems to handle/ like that better. Once in a while I do use doubles.

Should also add mace swings again, like your routine also. Thanks for your compliment.
You're welcome, I highly recommend mace work, it's been a literal game-changer for me. I had a problem with my lower back doing heavier snatches, it felt as though there was a missing link on the right side and I just couldn't figure out what was going on. I tried snatching my way out of the problem for quite a while and nothing worked.
After several months of high rep mace work the problem vanished, I'm not sure of the how or the why.. The only thing I know is that it worked and I couldn't be happier. :)

As an added bonus my shoulder health is much improved, a bad rotator cuff problem has now become not as bad. Not long ago I would have much pain pressing even 10 lb overhead on the right side, now I've kind of found a pressing groove that doesn't cause too much inflammation if I keep the volume low.

You're welcome, I highly recommend mace work, it's been a literal game-changer for me. I had a problem with my lower back doing heavier snatches, it felt as though there was a missing link on the right side and I just couldn't figure out what was going on. I tried snatching my way out of the problem for quite a while and nothing worked.
After several months of high rep mace work the problem vanished, I'm not sure of the how or the why.. The only thing I know is that it worked and I couldn't be happier. :)

As an added bonus my shoulder health is much improved, a bad rotator cuff problem has now become not as bad. Not long ago I would have much pain pressing even 10 lb overhead on the right side, now I've kind of found a pressing groove that doesn't cause too much inflammation if I keep the volume low.
Sounds all very familiar with the problemen. Point in my right lower back and with pressing (left shoulder). Only recently slowly going slightly heavier again. Used the clubbell for shield casts and mace for 10-2's or 360's. Should use them fulltime again. Thanks for reminding me

8.1 km walk.

Checked the forest paths, but have to postpone running for a week I guess. Not suites yet for running.
Walking and rucking are very powerful in many ways too, I walked a lot while adapting my body for running, then I got spoiled by wind in my face. There's nothing like locomotion across terra firma.. rowing, step-ups and all that are fine as a fill in, but honestly I find them extremely boring.

Walking and rucking are very powerful in many ways too, I walked a lot while adapting my body for running, then I got spoiled by wind in my face. There's nothing like locomotion across terra firma.. rowing, step-ups and all that are fine as a fill in, but honestly I find them extremely boring.
I really enjoy walking or running in the forest in fresh air. Often I brought the kb with me (I can start at home or drive to a small parking lot, that I s not crowded and combine sets of snatches with running. Probably will do that again in spring.

I really enjoy walking or running in the forest in fresh air. Often I brought the kb with me (I can start at home or drive to a small parking lot, that I s not crowded and combine sets of snatches with running. Probably will do that again in spring.
Nice! ?

4 x (1-2-3-4) clean & press (22 kg kb)
1 x (1-2-3) clean & press (22 kg kb)
10 x 10/10 snatch (16 kg kb)

Bad sleeping the last 2 nights abd I know tonight will be a short one as today a late shift and tomorrow an early shift. Hopefully I can finish on time tonight.

A short one today. This afternoo I will be going for a walk. Nice weather today, 30 depressie!!! warmer than last weekend.

5 x (1-2) clean & press (22 kg kb)
20 x ( :15 on/:15 off) snatch (20 kg kb)*

* 7 reps per 15 sec.
That'll get the heart pumpin!

It certainly did. Those 20 rounds with a 20 kg kb, is a lot harder than 40 rounds with the 16 kg. Liked this one and not time consuming
Reminds me of VWC, I got a lot out of it but it was too glycolytic for long term sustainability. These days I'm pretty miserly with my recovery dollar, only pushing hard occasionally. Base building is going too well to mess it up now.. I was a glycoholic for too many years.

Back
Top Bottom